More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes

Go down 
+6
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
CJB
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Control
10 posters

Best Opening Gunbarrel Theme?
FRWL (Barry)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap0%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GF (Barry)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap6%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
TB (Barry)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap18%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
YOLT (Barry)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap6%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
OHMSS (Barry)
 6% [ 1 ]
DAF (Barry)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap12%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
LALD (Martin)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap0%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
TMWTGG (Barry)
 0% [ 0 ]
TSWLM (Hamlisch)
 6% [ 1 ]
MR (Barry)
 0% [ 0 ]
FYEO (Cunti)
 6% [ 1 ]
OP (Barry)
 0% [ 0 ]
AVTAK (Barry)
 0% [ 0 ]
TLD (Barry)
 0% [ 0 ]
LTK (Kamen)
 6% [ 1 ]
GE (Serra)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap24%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
TND (Arnold)
Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_lcap12%Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
TWINE (Arnold)
 0% [ 0 ]
DAD (Arnold)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Empty
PostSubject: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 am

I vote YOLT. Exciting beginning, followed by a slick Bond theme. Timeless rendition.

OP and MR had great gunbarrels, too. I also don't mind Hamlisch's version.

Last edited by Mr. Brown on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:11 am

Cunti

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 am

That track would have fit perfectly in a scene where Bond defeats erectile disfunction. (Especially around 1:50)

For Your Eyes Only, Track 03, Bond Gets His Boner Back
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 am

I guess Craig's Gunbarrel in QUANTUM OF SOLACE doesn't count? Cuz I think that's the best one Arnold did.

I vote for THUNDERBALL.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:46 am

I'm partial to FYEO's Funkbarrel.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I guess Craig's Gunbarrel in QUANTUM OF SOLACE doesn't count? Cuz I think that's the best one Arnold did.

I vote for THUNDERBALL.

I only added traditional opening gunbarrels.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 am

Of the Connery/Lazenby era gunbarrel themes, I might have to go with YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE. Really great. Honorable mention goes to DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS has the best gunbarrel of the later-Barry versions (starting with THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, where Barry first dropped the guitar in favor of strings), and I'll probably take it over the Martin/Hamlisch/Conti gunbarrels, too. It's pure class. But I'll take the LICENCE TO KILL gunbarrel over any of 'em, just because of that delightfully ominous spin on the intro.

Of the more recent ones, GOLDENEYE takes the cake. Super-slick, and very original. None of the Arnold gunbarrels excite me much (even if we include QUANTUM OF SOLACE).
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:02 am

Voted for OHMSS, mostly for the sliding 6 string bass, cracking opening dissonance, and the solo Moog. Runners up include FRWL, GF, YOLT, DAF, TMWTGG, MR, LTK, GE and TWINE.
Back to top Go down
right idea, wrong pussy
Cipher Clerk
right idea, wrong pussy

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:44 pm

This is a hard one. I could vote for any of Barry's, and I do love the way Conti's [note - it's spelt "Conti", not "Cunti"] gunbarrel gives Rog a BIG entrance.

But in the end, I have to go for Arnold's TND gunbarrel. It lends a nice air of mystery and espionage that I find to be a perfect introduction to a Bond film.

Really, the only musical gunbarrel theme I don't like is Kamen's from LTK. I often ask myself how much better I'd find LTK if it had been given a proper score.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 pm

right idea, wrong pussy wrote:
[note - it's spelt "Conti", not "Cunti"]

Interesting. Ambler and Sharky told me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
right idea, wrong pussy
Cipher Clerk
right idea, wrong pussy

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

Interesting. Ambler and Sharky told me otherwise.

Bill Conti - Click his name for his Wikipedia article.

Maybe Ambler and Sherkey were trying to make a double entendre out of his name? tongue
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 am

The latter is the Australian pronounciation.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 am

Voted for TND's. But, it was a close tie with FRWL, GF, OHMSS, DAF, FYEO and TWINE.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 am

Maybe Ambler and Sherkey were trying to make a double entendre out of his name? tongue

Perhaps. You can't trust those foreign bastards.

Back to top Go down
DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 am

DAF everytime - if only for the goose bump brass at the start...

https://youtu.be/Jog0S0CoILo
Back to top Go down
GreatKenji

GreatKenji

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:52 am

I voted for Hamlisch's one, I simply love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/GreatKenji
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes   Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Opening Gunbarrel Themes
Page 1 of 1