More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0

Go down 
+33
G section
hegottheboot
Ravenstone
bondfan06
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
Drax
trevanian
j7wild
Jack Wade
Prince Kamal Khan
saint mark
Prisoner Monkeys
bitchcraft
Tubes
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
tiffanywint
lachesis
HJackson
CJB
Loomis
Fairbairn-Sykes
Fort Knox
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The White Tuxedo
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Manhunter
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:36 pm

The first 20 minutes of TRANSFORMERS. I think I've seen enough. I didn't think it was terrible, just terribly boring. Looks like a movie one could enjoy if one wanted to see shit blow up.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Looks like a movie one could enjoy if one wanted to see shit blow up.

Or if you just got a lobotomy.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Control wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Well, it's got better humor than the Nolan Batflicks. laugh

Actually, to be honest, there were a few moments that the actors handled well in that regard. LaBeef's "What would Jesus do?" is a line that I actually liked the delivery of.

And hell, what I saw was a lot better directed than what Abrams did with NUTREK. I bring that up because it's by the same genius screenwriters.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
The first 20 minutes of TRANSFORMERS. I think I've seen enough. I didn't think it was terrible, just terribly boring. Looks like a movie one could enjoy if one wanted to see shit blow up.

I really liked the first act of Transformers. The introduction to the characters to the reveal of the robots I thought was very well done. Unfortunately once the robots were all introduced the franchise went to shit and never recovered.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Drax wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

I really liked the first act of Transformers. The introduction to the characters to the reveal of the robots I thought was very well done. Unfortunately once the robots were all introduced the franchise went to shit and never recovered.

Looks like I jumped off in time.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Control wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Or like staring at Megan Fox's ass!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 am

I quite enjoyed the first Transformers as a slice of big, goofy summer blockbuster fun ... but Christ, Revenge Of The Fallen is just awful. Like being screamed at and being beaten around the head by angry domestic appliances for 2-and-a-half hours.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 am

First one was dull, second was alright (featured some decent acrobatic direction, and the subplot was fairly compelling), didn't bother with the third.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 am

Praise for the Transformers flicks? Really?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:41 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Control wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Fair enough. ;)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 am

Control wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Control wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Fair enough. ;)

Thumbs up?

I tried watching FRIDAY THE 13TH. I don't really like slasher movies anyway (I don't like the sight of blood very much, unless it's more artfully done), and I thought it was dull.

I dunno. The sight of young people getting sliced to pieces isn't what I consider entertainment.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 am

Sure is. Betsy Palmer even called the script "a piece of shit". I only saw the first four all the way through and now they're all blurred, except for the moment Corey Feldman shaves his head and goes apeshit.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 am

I may check out the HALLOWEEN movies. Any word of recommendation there? I like the first one, even bought the Blu-ray. But I like it for how well Carpenter made it.

I'm aware the third one is totally different. But it does have Stacey Nelkin. I've wanted to see her in something since I saw her screen test for BRADE RUNNER.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:30 am

I only saw the first four FIRDAY movies all the way through and now they're all blurred, except for the moment Corey Feldman shaves his head and goes apeshit. Oh, and Crispin Glover's dance:

As for HALLOWEEN, I hadn't seen the sequels since I was 14 but I remember liking III just for being totally different and because I always liked Tom Atkins, and Carpenter made a nice score IIRC.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 am

BOND 24 should have a new Wint and Kidd.

Glover for Wint, but who would play Kidd? Too bad Bernie Mac is dead.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:47 am

I'm sure mi6book members would say Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Kidd. I dunno.

I always had the crazy idea of casting John Lydon as the Bond villain.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 am

I dunno why, but he makes me think of Ray Walston.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I may check out the HALLOWEEN movies. Any word of recommendation there? I like the first one, even bought the Blu-ray. But I like it for how well Carpenter made it.
I've seen 'em all. They're terrible, but they're a good sight better than the FRIDAY THE 13TH movies.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Harmsway wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
I've seen 'em all. They're terrible, but they're a good sight better than the FRIDAY THE 13TH movies.

Yep. The original is the best, but the sequels offer some good humor. Check them out if you want to watch Dr. Loomis roaming the streets, telling everyone he meets that Michael Myers is evil.

laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, I'll give II and III a try. They're already on their way from Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:10 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Well, I'll give II and III a try. They're already on their way from Netflix.

Halloween 3 is the best thing to come out of the franchise (old and new) apart from Carpenter's original. It's not a great film by any means but it's original and sufficiently engaging due to the high creepy/campy factor. And the music is great.

The opening scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JArQscsFVfs&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Yup, I liked the ending too. Would have been interesting had Carpenter's original plan of HALLOWEEN being an anthology series played out instead of beating the dead horse with Michael Myers.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Robin & Marian

at first I completely forgot I saw this last year, then focused on how it's filmed in Spain and its similarity to the Musketeer movies but then settled into something else. It's a good take on the legend, both Robin and Marian older, more mature perhaps than other versions. Were it not for Connery and Hepburn it might not have been as good or feel as powerful. There's a feeling of great chemistry between the two and like with most of his scores, John Barry's serves to underline and strengthen this considerably. To my ears the score repeats in places but that purely is the love theme -after all there's a lot of Robin and Marian together. Reminds me a little of Somewhere in Time.
The ending is something else. Connery's shock and near-panic as he realised he's been poisoned, the soothing music as it starts underlining Marian's words and Robin's feeling that it'll never be like this again and onto Little John's appearance. Barry could read a scene like no one else.

-and there was of course FRWL the rematch, Shaw and Connery beating ten shades of brick dust out of each other.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Psycho IV: The Beginning (1990)

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 Disappointed

What I liked was Perkins, C.C.H. Pounder, and Mark Frost (who leaves too early). But that's about it. I didn't care for how Stefano laid things out in the script, and I thought the flashbacks were pretty weak. The kid playing the young Norman Bates just flat out blows chunks. He's like a damn robot. And he doesn't look anything like Perkins. I never bought him as Norman at all. And while I like Olivia Hussey, I don't really buy her as Norma Bates.

Those flashbacks should have been gothic, but they felt like what they are; someone creating the 40's for a TV movie made in 1990 in Florida instead of California. It doesn't even really look like the setting from the other films. But anyway, the flashbacks should have been very gothic and creepy and they weren't, and the mother/son relationship packs no punch. No thanks to RoboNorman on that.

Hey, it's still better than the remake. laugh And I found parts of it watchable. I liked some scenes, but because of the trio of Perkins, Pounder, and Frost. I liked seeing John Landis too.

I'd chalk this up an opportunity missed. The second and third films do their own thing, and they have their own styles and music. This one musically is beholden to Herrmann, and I think Herrmann's music should have been sparingly used for scenes such as Norman murdering his mother. Of the scene did nothing for me anyway. This pivotal event in the Bates story... I didn't care at all. And the last 15 minutes are really bad.

I'll take Norman stabbing this "mother" in PSYCHO III over this entire prolonged therapy session.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
The kid playing the young Norman Bates just flat out blows chunks. He's like a damn robot. And he doesn't look anything like Perkins. I never bought him as Norman at all.

He was great as Elliott in E.T. Don't know what happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next