More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled

Go down 
+21
Perilagu Khan
Napoleon Solo
Chief of SIS
Stamper
Harmsway
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
AMC Hornet
Gravity's Silhouette
Fort Knox
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
Largo's Shark
David Schofield
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
j7wild
CJB
Makeshift Python
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:03 am

With the exception of the CR teaser, Marketto's version is the first time we've seen Bond in a poster with his bowtie done up since the European TND (the one with a blue background, rather than red). And before that it was TLD.

Perhaps EON is saving that for their official relase sheet.

I certainly hope so - it wouldn't do to be outdone by a fanart contribution.

Last edited by AMC Hornet on Fri May 18, 2012 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:05 am

Harmsway wrote:
Yeah, a bit of color, like that fan variation, would really have spiced it up.

The gold GB makes the poster undoubtedly more eye-catching. Plus I think gold and B&W makes for a snazzy looking contrast.

It really ticks me off when fans do it better than the pros EON pays. laugh
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:20 am

It's my favourite Bond poster in a long time, probably the best since the new era started with Mike & Babs. The gunbarrel hasn't looked this striking and genuine in ages, and the whole thing being in black and white with the darkness of the "tunnel" disguises the photoshop aspects better than usual. Better still, it's a surprisingly interesting Bond poster which leaves one's interpretation of the film wide open, while at the same time restoring the best motif of on-screen Bond with the much-missed classic-looking gunbarrel. And the 007 logo looks a bit more masculine with the worn-out effect put over it. Overall, I think it's fairly decent for a teaser.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:24 am

I think the tux has been pushed too much as a Bondian image... same with the gold colour, so I'm fine with neither of those things showing up on the poster.

Not that the poster breaks the mold or anything. But I do like it. It seems to communicate some kind of promise. After more hardcore Bond fans disparaged the last film's gunbarrel, the poster using the old Binder-style gunbarrel makes me think EON might possibly have a pleasantly surprising awareness of what the fans want.

It's a bit funny that Bond's walking down the barrel, though. Somewhat calls to mind a certain CGI bullet.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:24 am

I absolutely did not except such an iconic image to feature on the poster! In that sense, it's a huge relief knowing that the gunbarrel will be back where it belongs.

While this poster doesn't tell us much about Skyfall, it'll look damn stylish and eye-catching on billboards and in cinema foyers!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:28 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:31 am

Harmsway wrote:
Yeah, a bit of color, like that fan variation, would really have spiced it up.

Marketto also did a "tuxedo" variation:

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 SkyfallTeaser16Tux-1

I like it.

Marketto's one of the better fan artists out there in Internet Land. I wish he'd post over here more often, rather than Mi6.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:56 am

This poster says: "BOND is coming."

That's all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:35 am

"Pissed up, hungover sales rep walking out of a sewer he's slept in after he has spent the night away from home on a business conference", anyone?

Seriously, not a bad piece of "art". Does its job; the world now knows there is a new Bond film being made for release shortly.

But hardly indicates that Craig-Bond III is going to be a lighter ride but more of the same, middle age man with M'y issues.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:38 am

I'm sure it'll be lighter, but it won't be drastic, it'll be a lighter film in the context of a Craig Bond film. I'm kind of expecting more of the humor that was seen in CR's second act.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:10 am

MBalje wrote:
I haven't seen nobody who write something about the ''007 in gold''. It set the rest of the poster, a ''cold'' feeling. It not only look like on a Gunbarrel but also i must think about Goldeneye a litle bit and that not be the first time i think that, x-men, a LP and a face.

Don't think it is perfect and i think it have look better without the words In Imax, MGM and #Skyfall. But good to see the yuse Comingsoon as tagline and not the release date or month and for first poster that is new. What i like about it is that changes for other country's in to Comingsoon, the release month with or without release year is not needed and mabey can help that local stores mabey this time are intrest. I hope it wil be avaible in 100x70 (98x68) or 70x100 (68x98), 70x100 because it can work with this one.

As art of the soundtrack i like to see another one, not this one but i don't mind a mini poster like there did with QOS.

As Banner it work better. 7/10

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Courtesy of JCRendle on CBn...

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Dressue

I like it. It's progressive.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

CJB wrote:

"They killed M. So James Bond became M"
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:52 pm

He was just out walking his rat and appears to have lost his way.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:34 pm

CJB wrote:
What I like:

The Gunbarrel. When I had ideas floating through my head about what a good teaser could be, I always had the GB in mind, so I'm very glad they incorporated it into the design. It's also a retro looking one, which gives me hope that SF's opening will have the old school GB and not the cartoonish efforts from the last two Craig films.

What I don't like:

Lack of colour. Again we're treated to something dark n' gritty. I hope the theatrical poster is a bit more jovial.

And of course, as others have opined, whoever came up with Craig's look for the film should be sacked. The tight, boyish suit and damn-near-cueball haircut do Craig no favours. He's 45 years old for gawdsake. Bond should look like a conservative businessman - as Brosnan did throughout his tenure (sans Goldeneye hair) - rather than a GQ-reading trend merchant. When Bond deviates from this we get Grampa Moore Goes To Disco and now this (which looks purdy now, but won't have the timeless style of Connery and Brosnan's threads).

Overall, it's decent and I like the concept. Hopefully a bit more colour in the next one.

In all fairness, Craig has less and less hair with which to work. Prefer he wore a rug?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
With the exception of the CR teaser, Marketto's version is the first time we've seen Bond in a poster with his bowtie done up since the European TND (the one with a blue background, rather than red). And before that it was TLD.

Perhaps EON is saving that for their official relase sheet.

I certainly hope so - it wouldn't do to be outdone by a fanart contribution.

But the fanart is not original, merely a riff on Eon's creation.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:37 pm

CJB wrote:

laugh

To those playing the SKYFALL Drinking Game: bottoms up.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Sharky wrote:
Agreed. Tom Ford's business suits are a bit dull.

Perhaps. But one wouldn't really know that based just upon the poster. There's just not enough to go on to say the suit is dull.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I'm sure it'll be lighter, but it won't be drastic, it'll be a lighter film in the context of a Craig Bond film. I'm kind of expecting more of the humor that was seen in CR's second act.

Quite. I hardly expect SF to resemble DAF or MR. Hell, there's nobody working today who can even write comedy that good anyway.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:42 pm

CJB wrote:
And of course, as others have opined, whoever came up with Craig's look for the film should be sacked. The tight, boyish suit and damn-near-cueball haircut do Craig no favours. He's 45 years old for gawdsake. Bond should look like a conservative businessman - as Brosnan did throughout his tenure (sans Goldeneye hair) - rather than a GQ-reading trend merchant. When Bond deviates from this we get Grampa Moore Goes To Disco and now this (which looks purdy now, but won't have the timeless style of Connery and Brosnan's threads).

I suspect the person who came up with Craig's look was Craig himself, with maybe a little hand-holding from Tom Ford.

As we know Rog was in the 70s, Craig is very fashion aware, very "modern", and we know Babs'll allow him to do anything he wants.

So I think he's your culprit. And I, too, am not comfortable with the look we have seen so far for JB.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm

CJB wrote:

David Schofield wrote:
"They killed M. So James Bond became M"

RAISING CRAIG anyone? laugh
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:30 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

In all fairness, Craig has less and less hair with which to work. Prefer he wore a rug?

I don't know how much his hairline has receded, but here's what his hair looked like promoting QOS in '08:

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Daniel+Craig+Olga+Kurylenko+Quantum+Solace+rYDsLTODGLZl

That's a much more sophisticated and Bondian look than the buzzcut he's presently sporting.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:50 am

I wonder why this look was modified?

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Daniel-craig-photo
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:43 am

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Daniel+Craig+Olga+Kurylenko+Quantum+Solace+rYDsLTODGLZl

Jesus, he looks like Bill Byrge now.

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Billport4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled   'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Skyfall' teaser poster unveiled
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next