More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?

Go down 
+11
Fort Knox
Hilly
Ravenstone
Largo's Shark
Control
Perilagu Khan
Stamper
Makeshift Python
CJB
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
15 posters

Skyfall's Teaser Trailer: Rate it!
10 - Skyfall Looks Brilliant!
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap19%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap19%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
 19% [ 5 ]
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap12%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
 19% [ 5 ]
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap4%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap4%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap0%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_lcap0%How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
1 - Ugh
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

How has Skyfall's teaser trailer left you? Rejuvenated excitement? Continued pessimism? New outlook on EON? How would you rate it out of 10? Better than other teasers, or worse?

Last edited by FieldsMan on Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:58 am

Gave it a 10...does the job bearing it's still 6 months to go and the movie's still being made....

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:13 am

I wouldn't say it excited me in the same way the CR teaser did (not a boner joke). Neither did the QOS teaser... which may not be the best of signs.

I'll get the negative out of the way: The vibe I got from the trailer was Nolan with a capital N moreso than Bond with a capital B. At the risk of making everyone take a shot, the dark n' gritty angle appears to be as strong as ever with nuBond. It certainly didn't scream "fun" to me.

I think the Bond Theme would've helped.

Nevertheless, there were bits I quite liked (I've mentioned a couple in the other thread). The shot of Bond gazing over London and the fluttering Union Jack, the interrogation scene, the Walther firing in synch with the drum beats, tuxedo-clad Bond floating on a raft of some sort. Some really gorgeous shots there. I don't wanna jinx it, but this may turn out to be the most visually stunning Bond film in decades.

So I'll give it a 6. It's adequate, it's slick and it shows off the film's tantalising cinematography, but I would've liked a bit more Bondian oomph.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:18 pm

I think these poll options should be narrowed down. It's a teaser trailer, not a film. Five options might work better.

- Looks great!
- Looks good
- Looks average
- Looks bad
- Looks terrible!
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:39 pm

If there's no Bond theme sounding like in 1861, tux with flared trousers and too large bow tie, vodka martini glass, Walther PPK, Bollinger champagne, ugly 90's costume, wig and hair perm it's a FAIL! I want Bond back! Waaaahhhhh Waaaaahhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:51 pm

CJB wrote:
I wouldn't say it excited me in the same way the CR teaser did (not a boner joke). Neither did the QOS teaser... which may not be the best of signs.

I'll get the negative out of the way: The vibe I got from the trailer was Nolan with a capital N moreso than Bond with a capital B. At the risk of making everyone take a shot, the dark n' gritty angle appears to be as strong as ever with nuBond. It certainly didn't scream "fun" to me.

I think the Bond Theme would've helped.

Nevertheless, there were bits I quite liked (I've mentioned a couple in the other thread). The shot of Bond gazing over London and the fluttering Union Jack, the interrogation scene, the Walther firing in synch with the drum beats, tuxedo-clad Bond floating on a raft of some sort. Some really gorgeous shots there. I don't wanna jinx it, but this may turn out to be the most visually stunning Bond film in decades.

So I'll give it a 6. It's adequate, it's slick and it shows off the film's tantalising cinematography, but I would've liked a bit more Bondian oomph.

Good little critique, CJB. Keep in mind, however, that Nolan has expressed his admiration of Bond films, so criticizing SF for being too Nolanesque may be a bit tautologous.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeah, there were definitely a bunch of Bondian stuff added to his Batman films, especially in the case of INCEPTION with the Piz Gloria riff.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Gave it a 7.

Cinematography looks great. It'll be interesting to see how the rest turns out.

I'm ready for another trailer.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Trust me, there will be more than a teaser, theatrical and a dozen TV spots. These days you're bombarded with trailer after trailer.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:07 pm

I gave it a ten, for what you can glean from 60 seconds of film clips. I'm looking forward to it, anyway,

Nice little cameo by the DB5 there as well.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:43 pm

7, please Carol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:17 am

Can I just say, I really like that little hint of a Bond theme in the trailer. I hope it's not in the film, but I do so hope we get an extended version of it on the soundtrack/theatrical trailer.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:27 pm

So far none of the music for the Craig Bond trailers have ever made it into the movie, so don't expect it to happen this time. Like how the Brosnan films had trailers that played the same music that started with the GE trailer, never made it into the movies.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:33 am

Gave it a 4, as it fell slightly beneath what I'd hoped. Seemed to just follow the Trailers 101 handbook. Quick cuts, "big" dialogue snatches, all dark and serious, and a massive sense of self-importance and drama. Anyone wanting familiar things from the Bond of yore will probably be disappointed, because this looks like the most serious Bond film EVER if the trailer and things we've heard already are anything to go by. Some people's theories of each Bond film simply trying to be more emotional and serious than the last nowadays may hold some water. Let's just hope they can pull it off.

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:32 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Trust me, there will be more than a teaser, theatrical and a dozen TV spots. These days you're bombarded with trailer after trailer.
I don't know about that - EON have a policy of keeping information to a minimum for SKYFALL, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is only one more trailer before October.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:48 am

I gave it a 7 but I need more than just a bunch of images put together.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:03 pm

M wrote:
Gave it a 4, as it fell slightly beneath what I'd hoped. Seemed to just follow the Trailers 101 handbook. Quick cuts, "big" dialogue snatches, all dark and serious, and a massive sense of self-importance and drama. Anyone wanting familiar things from the Bond of yore will probably be disappointed, because this looks like the most serious Bond film EVER if the trailer and things we've heard already are anything to go by. Some people's theories of each Bond film simply trying to be more emotional and serious than the last nowadays may hold some water. Let's just hope they can pull it off.

Granted, the film looks pretty serious to the extent that we can tell. That said, I suspect it's rather difficult to display humor in a tiny teaser. Humor relies so much on setup and context, and mini-teasers are too small to accomodate that. Teasers almost have to be totally visual.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:09 am

Looked dull, flat, pretentious, boring, stupid, and ultimately disheartening. I really hope they don't continue the trend from QOS of adding the unnecessary trappings of an art film. That's the last thing we need.
CJB wrote:

You got it in one. Looks very Nolan-esque, which is not what Bond is.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 pm

I gave it a 6, it does its job and leaves me wanting to see the film, but nothing more. The more 'important' the reveal of Skyfall's meaning the more dissapointed I will be, so its the style and colour that I am most bouyed by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?   How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about Skyfall's Teaser Trailer?
Page 1 of 1