More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook

Go down 
+12
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
The White Tuxedo
James Bond
Perilagu Khan
Control
Makeshift Python
Fort Knox
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:35 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

I used it with St. George once upon a time and he nearly stroked out.

PS--It merely means "a long time." Nothing sinister.

From http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1536/whats-the-origin-of-coons-age

Stroked out?! Don't they have racoons in England? They are everywhere here, both in cities and the wild. Anyway it's a bit off as expressions go, as coons don't actually live that long.

"It actually refers to raccoons. The expression "in a coon's age" dates to the early 1800s, and to the folk belief that raccoons are long-lived. My pal Colibri of the Straight Dope Science Advisory Board says, "References differ, but a wild individual raccoon might live up to 5 to 7 years (average survival being much lower, though, probably 2-3 years), and in captivity they can live up to 14-17 years. So their lifespan is comparable to that of a dog." In the early 1800s, it's doubtful if anyone knew how long raccoons actually lived, and two to three years in the wild is not really very long. But raccoon fur is hardy and reasonably durable, which might have given rise to the belief of longevity"
Back to top Go down
Pussy Riot

Pussy Riot

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 am

These pages move a lot faster than facebook,which is great. I'll need pulling away from here soon :D
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 am

Jack Wade wrote:
When you post trailers and such, make the status or whatever, "What do you think of [such and such]?" Apparently that's how you do social networking, or at least according to the idiots I pay thousands of dollars a quarter to teach me.
Sounds like a good idea.
Sorry to hear they're not teaching you much else, though. =/
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:10 am

Perhaps the Skyfall section should have its title corrected, since the proper title does not have its f capitalized.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Isn't it about time the Facebook page was put out of its misery?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 pm

There's been a sort of surge of Facebook "likes" lately moreso than there has been over the last couple of months after SF's release, curiously. With SF now pretty much discussed through and through, I'll probably focus more on the series overall. Milestones but with more to them than the 007 official page that says "this happened on this day". I'd like to thow in tributes. I did one for Young last year first because I always felt he never got the credit he truly deserved.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 am

Just want to acknowledge that Kitty has been doing a great job revitalizing the facebook page since she was granted admin powers there. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks, Makeshift Python.

I'm posting news items too so that not every post directs back to here... So I encourage all of you who use FB to like the page and share the posts. As people start relying on the FB page for Bond stuff they'll start to filter over to the forums to discuss it. And don't be shy about commenting under the articles. :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook   Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond and Beyond is now on Facebook
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3