More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0

Go down 
+34
Santa
GeneralGogol
saint mark
Toppers
hegottheboot
Lazenby.
Ravenstone
Fairbairn-Sykes
Loomis
dr. strangelove
Gravity's Silhouette
trevanian
j7wild
Vesper
Salomé
Seve
bitchcraft
HJackson
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Blunt Instrument
Drax
FourDot
tiffanywint
CJB
Control
lachesis
Jack Wade
Hilly
Prince Kamal Khan
Manhunter
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 am

If only I could get the music from NSNA's trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDtip_V37M

I'll take the film over quite a few official Bonds.

Actually, I wish the music in that trailer was used in the film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:13 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Python wrote:
Funny, I got the blu-ray from Netflix today. Doubtful that I can watch it tonight since I'm working on an essay. On that subject, I shouldn't even be posting now. Oops.

Have you seen it yet?

Nope, only the sequel on cable like 12 years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:10 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Python wrote:
Funny, I got the blu-ray from Netflix today. Doubtful that I can watch it tonight since I'm working on an essay. On that subject, I shouldn't even be posting now. Oops.

Have you seen it yet?

If not, check out the music It'll help you complete your essay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdmrEwPFh9k

laugh

Love that shit.

And when you're finished, Pyth, play this as a reward for your hard work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQmsyYxSFk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 am

trevanian wrote:
One big problem with me was that I didn't even recognize the hooker with the kid was the girl at the beginning. She was totally recognizable as an actress when she turned up in the later scene, but I didn't realize it was her from earlier till my wife mentioned it on the drive home. I can't say I was distracted by her naked body either, because there wasn't much of one.
Isn't it clearly obvious by a) Bruce Willis' reaction upon seeing her and b) the fact the Joseph Gordon-Levitt has previously talked to her about taking his silver to look after her child? I went to see LOOPER last night (like Python I should have been working on an essay, but Socrates is an unbearable t***), and thought it was fantastic. It's the sort of film that should get the same response as INCEPTION, but in this case it actually deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:06 pm

A Matter of Life and Death (1946, dir. Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger)

I particularly liked the psychiatric aspect of the film, and the way it relates to the transcendental aspects. Films that intelligent and humane aren't made anymore when fantasy elements are involved.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm

HJackson wrote:
I went to see LOOPER last night (like Python I should have been working on an essay, but Socrates is an unbearable t***), and thought it was fantastic. It's the sort of film that should get the same response as INCEPTION, but in this case it actually deserves it.

that's a good point
Inception got so much praise and yet it basically ended up using it's interesting premise merely as an excuse for yet another arcade shoot 'em up, rather than exploring it in a more intelligent way
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 am

HJackson wrote:
trevanian wrote:
One big problem with me was that I didn't even recognize the hooker with the kid was the girl at the beginning. She was totally recognizable as an actress when she turned up in the later scene, but I didn't realize it was her from earlier till my wife mentioned it on the drive home. I can't say I was distracted by her naked body either, because there wasn't much of one.
Isn't it clearly obvious by a) Bruce Willis' reaction upon seeing her and b) the fact the Joseph Gordon-Levitt has previously talked to her about taking his silver to look after her child? I went to see LOOPER last night (like Python I should have been working on an essay, but Socrates is an unbearable t***), and thought it was fantastic. It's the sort of film that should get the same response as INCEPTION, but in this case it actually deserves it.

I'm saying the actress was recognizable in the later scene, but not in the first scene, so I didn't make any connection at all between the characters. I thought Willis' upset was just human nature at what he was having to do.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 am

Prometheus (2012)

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 Angry11

Takes a big, warm, squirting liquid sh*t all over the Alien franchise.

I liked four things.

1. Production design. I hope they saved those sets so they can make a good movie on them.
2. Cinematography. This movie looks amazing.
3. Michael Fassbender. Should be in everything.
4. The cast, as actors, not as the characters are written.

Pretty much everything else made me angry. These are the dumbest scientists ever. Dear Hollywood, hire screenwriters who understand how science works and how scientists themselves work. Isn't this movie made possible by an assumption on the part of Shaw that the aliens are saying, "Y'all come back now, ya hear!?" It's an unfounded assumption, or at least that's what it seemed to me. And in the end, it's wrong to seek answers and Jesus Christ is Lord. Or something like that, right?

I'm erasing this movie from my memory banks.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 am

Before:
Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 Inthepalemoonlight263_zpse3d611da
"To the next Alien movie, bitches."

After:
Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 Farbeyondthestars236
"WHY DID IT HAVE TO SUCK SO HARD??"
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 am

Game over, man. Game over.

Hey, I'll watch a sequel if one is made. I'll give it a shot. I don't mind so much the story being told in PROMETHEUS, I mind that the characters are complete f'ing morons. It's also badly paced. Thing felt five hours long. It's just badly written period.

But it looks perfect, IMO. The action is also well done. And of course Fassbender is fantastic. I'm not sure how I feel about how his character is written in terms of his actions, but he plays everything so well. He made the film mildly watchable to me. I love the part where he's watching LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and trying to be Peter O'Toole. I'd have rather seen a version of this movie where Fassbender kills a mountain of aliens while doing a two-hour Peter O'Toole impression.

Noomi Rapace is good, though I don't like how her character is written. She's strangely extremely bangable.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 am

The Running Man

This is a stone cold classic 80s action flick from Arnold's Golden era. It's significant to me for couple reasons. First I find it strangely prescient-- the police state society depicted here is very much what I see America under Romney becoming. Secondly, Richard Dawson absolutely nails it here, and damn near steals the show. One of the great screen villains of the 80s. Lastly, we have one of Arnold's greatest lines: "Well you better leave room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your God-damned SPINE!" lol
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
The movie is ridiculous, overwrought, full of itself, meaningless...

It's Nolan 2.0 alright.

No. Looper was well-written and engaging and had interesting characters and a good story and a well developed premise. Nolan's films all suck.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:29 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Hey, I'll watch a sequel if one is made. I'll give it a shot.

Lindelof won't be writing the sequel, so there's something.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Prometheus (2012)

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 Angry11

Takes a big, warm, squirting liquid sh*t all over the Alien franchise.

I liked four things.

1. Production design. I hope they saved those sets so they can make a good movie on them.
2. Cinematography. This movie looks amazing.
3. Michael Fassbender. Should be in everything.
4. The cast, as actors, not as the characters are written.

Pretty much everything else made me angry. These are the dumbest scientists ever. Dear Hollywood, hire screenwriters who understand how science works and how scientists themselves work. Isn't this movie made possible by an assumption on the part of Shaw that the aliens are saying, "Y'all come back now, ya hear!?" It's an unfounded assumption, or at least that's what it seemed to me. And in the end, it's wrong to seek answers and Jesus Christ is Lord. Or something like that, right?

I'm erasing this movie from my memory banks.

Prometheus wasn't perfect, but it toyed with some interesting ideas and made me think a little, which is more than I can say for like 90% of the movies I see. It was about 9000 times better than TDKR, which was a dull overblown mess of a film by comparison.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 am

It made me think of how dumb these people are if they take off their helmets on an alien planet when it's a dead certainty that they'll inhale pathogens that humans wouldn't be immune to. It would wipe out the crew, like when the natives in the Americas were wiped out by European illnesses that they hadn't built up an immunity to. That one action was the real turning point for me, where I lost all respect for the intelligence of these characters. If they're that dumb... And most of them are supposed to be scientists. It's frustrating because the film is going for a reality, as opposed to ALIEN RESURRECTION, which I enjoy purely as a violent cartoon.

I thought the mythology they were trying to build was potentially interesting from a science fiction angle, but it didn't excite me thematically.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:38 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I love the part where he's watching LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and trying to be Peter O'Toole.
Best section of the film, really. Alas, after that it's all downhill.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:02 pm

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3. No work of genius but it more or less gets the job done.

As for PROMETHEUS, I enjoyed it mostly for the 3D. No desire to see it again.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm often asked, why Hilly when you go off to the coast for 10 days do you really watch movies? Yes...well, one has so little to do you see. Popularity be damned, what?

Venus (2006): an absolute delight. To my horror I think I've only ever seen O'Toole in Bright Young Things and Arabia but on fine form here and his scenes with Leslie Phillips are a blast.

Lost in Translation: Why do I feel this film splits opinion? Well to hell with it. I saw it at the cinema when it came out and left feeling as I've never done leaving a film (Eternal Sunshine came second but was likely for the girlfriend at the time). Since, I just can't watch it as it feels each time I loose something from it hence my last viewing was two years ago. Bill Murray...Bill bloody Murray!

Das Boot: Best viewed in the 'original' German (I had the dubbed VHS which apparently was done by all the cast bar two). The TV miniseries DVD has more scenes but even so it's something else. Made me an admirer of Petersen (though I guess up to his most recent works) and Prochnow. Amazing how Werner is the POV chap but says relatively little throughout.

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp: Each time it moves and excites. Poor Candy haunted by the love of his life. One of the best scenes is likely Theo's explanation of why he came to Britain to the internment chap. First time I saw that tears sprang to my eyes and indeed at the end. "Here is the lake..."

rewatches of Citizen Kane (all Hail Welles), Jaws and Close Encounters. The latter is the SE DVD which proclaims it has the inside the mothership scenes...When watching this scene's only on the bonus so who cares. I warmed more to Dreyfuss this 3rd or 4th viewing than before. As for Jaws...well, I do wonder without John Wiliams' score would it be as good?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Drax wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

It's Nolan 2.0 alright.

No. Looper was well-written and engaging and had interesting characters and a good story and a well developed premise. Nolan's films all suck.

except Momento and Insomnia (at a bare miminum)
:bounce:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Seve wrote:
Drax wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

It's Nolan 2.0 alright.

except Momento and Insomnia (at a bare miminum)
:bounce:

Just INSOMNIA.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:23 am

DEAD RINGERS. Starts off promisingly but becomes increasingly unpleasant, silly and tedious. It doesn't help matters that it's often as confusing to the viewer as it is to the film's characters as to which Jeremy Irons is which. However, Irons is good (as ever), while Cronenberg is a master of atmosphere - a pity, though, that the characters and story fail to truly engage.

Last edited by Loomis on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 am

Probably my favourite Cronenberg.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:26 am

THE FLY is the only Cronenberg I really like. I also remember quite liking M. BUTTERFLY (Irons again - I'm sensing a pattern). Not seen many of his films, mind you.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 am

Harmsway wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
I love the part where he's watching LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and trying to be Peter O'Toole.
Best section of the film, really. Alas, after that it's all downhill.

Where we just follow him around? I loved it.

Comanche Station (1960)

The last of the Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher "Ranown" cycle of films. Really excellent. Quite beautifully framed, too, I thought. Tough little B-westerns are that very well-written, directed, and acted.

I think my next cycle of films will be the Corman Poe flicks. And some other Price flicks. There's a %$*&load of them on the YouTubes.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Probably my favourite Cronenberg.
Mine too. DEAD RINGERS is one of the best films I've ever seen.

It's been all downhill for Cronenberg after that, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next