More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Go down 
+3
Mr. Trevelyan
Chigawa
Jack Wade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Green-Beer

Also, an Irish friend, the AP stylebook and this website says it's absolutely reprehensible to call it "St Patty's Day."

Quote :
Each and every year, millions of Irish, Irish-ish and amateur alcoholics are needlessly distracted from their Holy Tradition of drinking themselves into a stupor in the name of Saint Patrick, a Roman Briton slave holding the dubious honour of bringing Christianity to an island that would use it as another convenient excuse to blatter the hell out of each other for centuries.

The source of this terrible distraction?

An onslaught of half-hearted, dyed-green references to St. Patrick's Day as St. Patty's Day.

It eats at them; it makes them angry; it makes them want to fight… you know, more.

It's Paddy, not Patty. Ever.

Paddy's Day? Great.

St. Pat's? Sure.

St. Patty? No, ye goat!

Paddy is derived from the Irish, Pádraig, hence those mysterious, emerald Ds.

Patty is a burger, or diminutive of Patricia, or something you do with cakes.

Now let's get drunk.
Back to top Go down
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Now let's get drunk.
Amen 8)

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Green-beer3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chigawa
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm surprised if there's a holiday, when you guys don't get drunk. laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Naked-drunk-woman_500x383
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

ambler wrote:
Happy St. Paddy's Day! Naked-drunk-woman_500x383

She looks up for it. Get 'em while they're unconscious, the Shark says.

Here's to Éire. My dad's parents were from Dunkineely and Enniscorthy, and my mum's mother was from Sligo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Sharky wrote:
Get 'em while they're unconscious, the Shark says.

That's what I do. If anyone questions me, I say it's for my PhD on 'Necrophilia in Vertigo'. The important thing is to form an orderly queue:

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Drunk2
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 am

Man, what fucking night.

So I guess I had the dates mixed up thinking St. Patrick's Day was a Friday. So I planned on going to a club with some friends of mine, one of them DJs for two hours. Friday I have the day off so I figured it would be great to go to the bank to cash in a check and use it for that night. Maybe get some nice clothes and a haircut. You know, look like a million bucks for the night. So I have to get Thursday out of the way meaning work from 11-6. In the middle of that shift I realize it's already the 17th. Thus I have no time to do any of the things I planned on before going to the club. And I had to rush it right after work to find anything I can wear (didn't do the laundry!). Luckily I had some clean clothes that were nice, took a cold shower and got ready to go out and have fun. I was mostly hanging out with this girl I liked, whom I hadn't seen since Valentine's Day when I gave her roses (also when it turned out it was only one sided, which was a bummer and she felt awkward about seeing me since then). So it was nice to see her again, I just wanted to have some fun with her and other fine folks so no courting for the night. Overall I had a blast. Got to see some folks I hadn't seen in many years which was pretty cool. Usually I hate club music, but the stuff that was played was pretty jamming.

Oh, and I have now been awake for over 24 hours. Wednesday evening I decided to have a small nap at home after work. Ended up sleeping for 7 hours and couldn't get back to sleep. By 11pm I still had a lot of energy to chat and dance. However by 12am it suddenly came to a halt. I became dead tired. All energy was gone. People thought I was passing out, I only had a single shot the whole night only on the behalf of my friend, she kept insisting me to have something. I'm really not a drinker. Just never got into it and when I try it out it's always the same result: This shit is fucking disgusting. I suppose I can't handle it. Whatever, I had fun anyway.

Anyway, I'm fucking tired. *crashes on keyboard* u[0hydohj[orh8y 0ry093upr3ju[09df0u30[91HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOJHAAA

EDITL

YES! NO FUCKING FILTERS!
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:33 pm

I think I met some of these classy babes last night... I saw more sights than I probably should have! :twisted:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:36 pm

One a woman's body, there's nothing you shouldn't see.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Man, what fucking night.

So I guess I had the dates mixed up thinking St. Patrick's Day was a Friday.

Me too, incredibly. Just too busy, hell I didn't even notice the post in here about it. I think I've just about enough ale left from Christmas to knock up two or three Irish car-bombs tonight though.

Sharky wrote:
Get 'em while they're unconscious, the Shark says.

laugh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!   Happy St. Paddy's Day! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy St. Paddy's Day!
Page 1 of 1