More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator

Go down 
+12
Lazenby.
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
AMC Hornet
saint mark
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Makeshift Python
CJB
Largo's Shark
Control
bitchcraft
Fort Knox
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 am

Grav, what do you think people should be doing as mods? Or not doing? Because your input would be far more welcome than your mod resignation.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Grav, what do you think people should be doing as mods? Or not doing? Because your input would be far more welcome than your mod resignation.

My thoughts on everything are in The Archive/Dungeon (which appears to be have been taken off-line). I doubt I could offer up one point I haven't already made.

I'll just reiterate that you and I are on completely polar-opposite pages about what a moderator should be doing with their time on these boards, or how these forums should be administered. If I have to explain in detail what my objections are, then the battle has already been lost. Some truths should be self-evident.

As the administrator, you deserve people who share your "vision"...your style...for running things. I don't, and based upon some of the comments you've made about moving forward without making any substantial changes, I could never give you the kind of support you need or are entitled to. So, I'm trying to take the diplomatic approach and bow out gracefully, rather than unload on others about some of the conduct that has gone down around here lately. It's for the best.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
My thoughts on everything are in The Archive/Dungeon (which appears to be have been taken off-line).

It's been merged with Enquiries And Announcements.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
My thoughts on everything are in The Archive/Dungeon (which appears to be have been taken off-line).

It's been merged with Enquiries And Announcements.

Oh well, then. That's good. Still doesn't change anything, though.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 pm

I'd honestly don't think Laz has any "vision" set in stone at the moment. We're still at a crossroads here, and many ideas are being suggested to him. Whether or not he takes them on board is his choice, but at least he's open.

The link Ambler posted with its guidelines, I think would fit well with your style as moderator. Hands off and easy going, rather than acting as a policeman - encouraging discussion, not discouraging it to avoid offending people. In fact, that kind of stuff you did here just after you got kicked out of Cb.n, such as creating all of those polls and posting your articles from 007 Magazine is ideal mod behaviour. That's the kind of enthusiasm we need right now, though I don't need to ask why if it's all gone.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am

This thread is probably giving the Mods from rival 007 boards a good chuckle. Maybe it should be moved?

I mod an adult board, we have our own private Mod/Admin forum on the board where Mods can slug it out if there are obvious disparities in the air.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I mod an adult board, we have our own private Mod/Admin forum on the board where Mods can slug it out if there are obvious disparities in the air.

Tiff suggested that over in the other thread, which I'd support. All of the old j7 stuff can go there too.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
This thread is probably giving the Mods from rival 007 boards a good chuckle. Maybe it should be moved?

The mods from rival 007 boards don't have a sense of humour, so I wouldn't worry about them. Time for us all to just man up and move forward.

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

No point having a private area if trusted people in there are just going to "out it" on the main boards. Other than to bash j7, I'm wondering now why we even bothered having a private area. Such a place risks becoming little more than a breeding ground for elitist and sly behaviour, which is the last thing we need right now.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Didn't we kind of already have that in the Archive section?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Yeah and look how that turned out. It was on its way to becoming the hidden 00 Section from Old MI6. laugh
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Yeah and look how that turned out. It was on its way to becoming the hidden 00 Section from Old MI6. laugh

Animal Farm had some important lessons after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator   Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temporary Change Of Forum Administrator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2