More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak

Go down 
+18
GeneralGogol
Santa
Loomis
Lazenby.
Walecs
AMC Hornet
Vesper
Makeshift Python
Blunt Instrument
tiffanywint
Harmsway
trevanian
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
Perilagu Khan
dr. strangelove
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak Empty
PostSubject: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Quote :
09/25/12 11:41am Roger Friedman

Exclusive: Adele’s theme song for the new James Bond film, “Skyfall,” written by Adele and a collaborator (probably Paul Epworth), is classic 007 in the manner of the best Bond songs of the past. It’s an ominous, dramatic ballad, with lots of gorgeous horn flourishes peeking out through Adele’s now trademark vocals. It’s also fresh, new, and original.

Thanks to record industry sources, I got to hear a bit of the song. Readers of this column know we already broke the story of Adele singing the “Skyfall” theme a couple of times.

Part of the chorus of the song goes: “Let the sky fall/Let it crumble/We will stand tall/And face it all/together.”

The introductory lines, which follow a piano solo, are: “This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the Earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again.”

Adele and Sony Music are set to launch the single during the first week of October. It’s the singer’s first new song since her “21″ album debuted in January 2010. It’s unknown still how Sony will package “Let the Sky Fall” as a one off single since I don’t think Adele has recorded anything else to go with it. There is a “Skyfall” soundtrack score album scheduled from Sony for release on November 6th, but no information is available about tracks.

My sense, though, is that the single will hit #1 everywhere and pretty fast, and stay atop the charts for several weeks. It recalls the best kind of Bond hits by female vocalists like Carly Simon, Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner, Sheena Easton, and Rita Coolidge. Unlike more recent failed efforts by Madonna, and by Alicia Keys and Jack White, the song is tremendously catchy with a real sense of mystery.

One good thing: we’ll have Adele singing “Skyfall” at the Oscars next February. It’s a cinch for a Best Song nomination.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/25/exclusive-adele-james-bond-skyfall-song-is-classic-007

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :

Exclusive: Adele’s theme song for the new James Bond film, “Skyfall,” written by Adele and a collaborator (probably Paul Epworth), is classic 007 in the manner of the best Bond songs of the past. It’s an ominous, dramatic ballad, with lots of gorgeous horn flourishes peeking out through Adele’s now trademark vocals. It’s also fresh, new, and original.

Thanks to record industry sources, I got to hear a bit of the song. Readers of this column know we already broke the story of Adele singing the “Skyfall” theme a couple of times.

Part of the chorus of the song goes: “Let the sky fall/Let it crumble/We will stand tall/And face it all/together.”

The introductory lines, which follow a piano solo, are: “This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the Earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again.”

Adele and Sony Music are set to launch the single during the first week of October. It’s the singer’s first new song since her “21″ album debuted in January 2010. It’s unknown still how Sony will package “Let the Sky Fall” as a one off single since I don’t think Adele has recorded anything else to go with it. There is a “Skyfall” soundtrack score album scheduled from Sony for release on November 6th, but no information is available about tracks.

My sense, though, is that the single will hit #1 everywhere and pretty fast, and stay atop the charts for several weeks. It recalls the best kind of Bond hits by female vocalists like Carly Simon, Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner, Sheena Easton, and Rita Coolidge. Unlike more recent failed efforts by Madonna, and by Alicia Keys and Jack White, the song is tremendously catchy with a real sense of mystery.

One good thing: we’ll have Adele singing “Skyfall” at the Oscars next February. It’s a cinch for a Best Song nomination.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/25/exclusive-adele-james-bond-skyfall-song-is-classic-007

Roger Friedman is betting his readers money that Let The Sky Fall will get an Oscar nomination. Hmmm...he's really setting up the hype for this song. It better be good.

I keep checking YouTube to see if it has leaked. Someone created what looked like a YouTube page for the new song, but there was no volume and no lyrics listed. Probably just a traffic grabbler.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

MGW's words at the SKYFALL press conference last winter (talking about the title, at the time) can be appropriately applied here: "This is the worst-kept secret in London."

Hopefully it'll leak in the next few days. Can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :

Well, at least Friedman acknowledges the horrendousness of DAD and AWTD. Decades ago, such acknowledgment of bald truth would have been totally unremarkable. Nowadays it counts as refreshing. At any rate, Friedman at least has a shred of honesty and credibility, so perhaps his praise of LTSF is not wildly wide of the mark.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :
Adele’s theme song for the new James Bond film, “Skyfall,” written by Adele and a collaborator (probably Paul Epworth), is classic 007 in the manner of the best Bond songs of the past. It’s an ominous, dramatic ballad, with lots of gorgeous horn flourishes peeking out through Adele’s now trademark vocals. It’s also fresh, new, and original.
Purple prose makes me vomit.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 am

I'm still predicting Top 3 on both sides of the Atlantic, with at least one of them being #1.

Adele is the best thing to happen to a Bond theme in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 am

Well, I'd be a lot more enthusiastic for it if Freidman's preview of it didn't sound like every other preview ever released. It's like a band saying "Our new album has fifteen songs, and it sounds like fifteen different bands are playing!". I've only ever heard one band with the stones to back up that claim (and, ironically enough, they never made it).

I find it hilarious that Friedman describes the song as "fresh, new, and original", because his description of it as an "ominous, dramatic ballad" makes it sound like most of Adele's songs, and he specifically describes it as "classic 007 in the manner of the best Bond songs of the past". There's nothing fresh, new or original about it, unless this is your very first James Bond film and you've never heard of Adele.

Which is it going to be, Roger?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
There's nothing fresh, new or original about it, unless this is your very first James Bond film and you've never heard of Adele.

He was trying to say it doesn't sound like recent Bond themes over the past decade, some of which are cringe-worthy.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 am

It sounds like a controlled leak to me. Back during casting, the tabloids were remarkably accurate in their predictions of who would be in the film, which was at odds with EON's policy of not saying anything this time around, so it became fairly obvious that they were authorising the release of information to the tabloids in a steady stream to control what was known about the film and to prevent a repeat of the nightmare that was QUANTUM OF SOLACE (when the tabloids claimed that a labour union rally in Panama was a gang war in Colon that filming had inadvertently started). I'm guessing they've done the same thing here, because 90% of Friedman's "exclusive" reads like it is hype. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it off a press release as a condition of getting the exclusive.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
It sounds like a controlled leak to me. Back during casting, the tabloids were remarkably accurate in their predictions of who would be in the film, which was at odds with EON's policy of not saying anything this time around, so it became fairly obvious that they were authorising the release of information to the tabloids in a steady stream to control what was known about the film and to prevent a repeat of the nightmare that was QUANTUM OF SOLACE (when the tabloids claimed that a labour union rally in Panama was a gang war in Colon that filming had inadvertently started). I'm guessing they've done the same thing here, because 90% of Friedman's "exclusive" reads like it is hype. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it off a press release as a condition of getting the exclusive.

Controlled leaks still serve a purpose...I wouldn't be surprised if M's alleged death was one. It went viral.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 am

Lyrics sound abyssmal, but since I can almost never understand most lyrics anyway, probably won't make the slightest difference to me. It was only last week that I realized the words to a song (one of Adele's in fact) were 'set fire to the rain' when I previously figured it was 'say [unintelligible] to the brain.'

then again, I'm also the one who up until about 18months ago, thought the words in a Billy Idol song "eyes without a face" sounded like 'howzabout a date?" and if you consider the general tone of the song, my misheard version still sounds more appropriate.

I'll be astonished if it doesn't peg to #1 domestic and int'l.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if M's alleged death was one. It went viral.
Nah, that's at odds with EON's policy of not saying anything. If they have been controlling the flow of information, then they only things they've been releasing are minor details that are just enough to whet appetites. If M does indeed die, it's smarter for them to keep it under wraps.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Well, I'd be a lot more enthusiastic for it if Freidman's preview of it didn't sound like every other preview ever released. It's like a band saying "Our new album has fifteen songs, and it sounds like fifteen different bands are playing!". I've only ever heard one band with the stones to back up that claim (and, ironically enough, they never made it).

I find it hilarious that Friedman describes the song as "fresh, new, and original", because his description of it as an "ominous, dramatic ballad" makes it sound like most of Adele's songs, and he specifically describes it as "classic 007 in the manner of the best Bond songs of the past". There's nothing fresh, new or original about it, unless this is your very first James Bond film and you've never heard of Adele.

Which is it going to be, Roger?

If his description is accurate, the song will be fresh, new and original by Bond standards. When is the last time we heard an ominous, dramatic ballad with horn flourishes?
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
If his description is accurate, the song will be fresh, new and original by Bond standards. When is the last time we heard an ominous, dramatic ballad with horn flourishes?
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH.

Maybe. I actually like this song quite a bit, but Arnold's clunky techno-orchestration clutters and undermines it somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:29 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
If his description is accurate, the song will be fresh, new and original by Bond standards.
Still sounds like hype to me. Calling music "fresh, new and original" is exactly the kind of rhetoric I'd expect someone to use to try and get young people excited for it.

Where's that picture of the pre-teens standing in a gaggle - the one I used to (nd still do) hate - when you need it.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 am

"Unlike more recent failed efforts by Madonna, and by Alicia Keys and Jack White, the song is tremendously catchy with a real sense of mystery."

This is enough to get me excited. I think this song could be big. Adele is an "it" girl, right now. This could be a great and very Bond-worthy song.

I'm good with any comparisons to the TWINE. Shirley Manson belts out pop vocals with the best of them.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:53 am

Don't you usually leave pissing on anything to do with Skyfall to others, PM?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:56 am

I'm not pissing on SKYFALL. I'm pissing on the guy whose "exclusive" about the title track reads like hype every single band generates for an upcoming new release.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
If his description is accurate, the song will be fresh, new and original by Bond standards.
Still sounds like hype to me. Calling music "fresh, new and original" is exactly the kind of rhetoric I'd expect someone to use to try and get young people excited for it.

Where's that picture of the pre-teens standing in a gaggle - the one I used to (nd still do) hate - when you need it.

I don't think pre-teens read anymore. And teens are unlikely to stand in a gaggle for an ominous ballad with horn flourish, no matter how fresh and new it may be. By fresh and new, what Friedman means is reprising a sound and form so old that it seems new.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:11 pm

First look at Adele's cover art for 'Skyfall' title song

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10450

I'd be skeptical, but the artcover does coincide with the quality of posters and banners.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Quote :
This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the Earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again.

I realise lyrics without music are hard to judge but... yeesh.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 am

Vesper wrote:
Quote :
This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the Earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again.
I realise lyrics without music are hard to judge but... yeesh.
Yeah, not exactly inspiring, even by Bond lyric standards.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:17 am

Like these were great lyrics....

He always runs while others walk;
He acts while other men just talk.

🐷
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Like these were great lyrics....

He always runs while others walk;
He acts while other men just talk.

🐷
Well, sure. Bad lyrics rarely really hurt a Bond song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak   First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak Empty

Back to top Go down

First lyrics of Adele's "Skyfall" leak
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next