More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Trouble with David Arnold...

Go down 
+5
Largo's Shark
GreatKenji
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Control
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The Trouble with David Arnold... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trouble with David Arnold...   The Trouble with David Arnold... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:58 am

Walecs wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
I wouldn't say shit, especially considering he was nominated for an Oscar for his work, but some tracks just don't grab me. Really do dig Shanghai Drive, the music when Bond arrives in Macau (mostly for the Skyfall rendition), the Bond theme renditions, Tennyson, Breadcrumbs and Severine. Chimera is quite nice also, but IIRC something about it doesn't gel well with me.

John Barry's Bond scores never won an oscar, does it mean they're bad? TSWLM's score was nominated for an oscar, but other than the beautiful theme song, it's nothing special.

No…Not sure how you got that from what I said...
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

The Trouble with David Arnold... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trouble with David Arnold...   The Trouble with David Arnold... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:27 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Walecs wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
I wouldn't say shit, especially considering he was nominated for an Oscar for his work, but some tracks just don't grab me. Really do dig Shanghai Drive, the music when Bond arrives in Macau (mostly for the Skyfall rendition), the Bond theme renditions, Tennyson, Breadcrumbs and Severine. Chimera is quite nice also, but IIRC something about it doesn't gel well with me.

John Barry's Bond scores never won an oscar, does it mean they're bad? TSWLM's score was nominated for an oscar, but other than the beautiful theme song, it's nothing special.

No…Not sure how you got that from what I said...

Rereading your post no, you're right, I've misunderstood what you meant. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

The Trouble with David Arnold...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2