More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rate Skyfall (out of ten)

Go down 
+38
British Vulture
lachesis
Nicolas Suszczyk
Gravity's Silhouette
Manhunter
Seve
AMC Hornet
dalton
MBalje
Fae
CJB
Prisoner Monkeys
tiffanywint
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
GeneralGogol
trevanian
saint mark
Mr Bond
Toppers
Perilagu Khan
Paula007
The White Tuxedo
Makeshift Python
00Twelve
Jack Wade
Loomis
Control
Walecs
Hilly
bondfan06
Harmsway
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Ravenstone
jet set willy
Saunders...V Section
Fort Knox
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Rate Skyfall
10. Perfect. A Bond classic
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap36%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 20 ]
9. Excellent
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap18%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 10 ]
8. Very Good
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 11 ]
7. Good Enough
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
6. Quite Good
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap9%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
5. Average
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
4. Below Average
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
3. Poor
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
2. Very Poor
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
1. A disgrace
Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_lcap1%Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 56

AuthorMessage
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:26 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
boldfinger wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
boldfinger wrote:
or when Elvis is seen in underpants.
facepalm 

It's barely visible and only shown for a split second before we cut to Bond chasing Greene. It's doesn't even warrant a chuckle or a smirk.
But the fact that it´s just a split second is exactly what makes it so funny.
And so forgettable.
Well, Elvis isn´t for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Because it was available on Netflix Instant, I figured "what the hell", and watched SKYFALL last night. Fuck all the noise, it holds up better than CR and QOS. Where I had creeping doubts on those two films, both I very much enjoyed the first time I saw them, I didn't have any with SF when I saw that in theaters. I thought that was rather telling. Over the years, the problems of CR and QOS would start to become more apparent the more I watched them. CR is still enjoyable, but QOS really dropped for me. With SF, I didn't have any problem. Maybe a few quibbles "circle of life", but that's about it. I was so thoroughly engaged.

So yeah, I may rate it a 10, #3 behind GF and FRWL.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Reckon a rewatch may figure over the Christmas break for me ... it's not really Christmas without 007, after all.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Because it was available on Netflix Instant, I figured "what the hell", and watched SKYFALL last night. Fuck all the noise, it holds up better than CR and QOS. Where I had creeping doubts on those two films, both I very much enjoyed the first time I saw them, I didn't have any with SF when I saw that in theaters. I thought that was rather telling. Over the years, the problems of CR and QOS would start to become more apparent the more I watched them. CR is still enjoyable, but QOS really dropped for me. With SF, I didn't have any problem. Maybe a few quibbles "circle of life", but that's about it. I was so thoroughly engaged.

Pretty much the same experience for me except that today it's QOS I can still enjoy but CR that just dropped through the floor. I don't see SF in quite the same lofty position you suggest - it's top ten Bond and perhaps an 8/10 film for me - The plot is a mite too contrived, Silva a touch too Joker, the dialogue often unnatural and I could do without Bond moping like a petulant child at the beginning but whereas the pretensions of CR and QoS just kill all the fun and identity of Bond, Sf manages to be first and foremost entertaining and distinct, it relishes it's British roots and isn't ashamed of its iconic heritage.

A top ten Bond and an 8/10 film for me, but that's the thing about Bond it has lived so long some parts are almost bound to be mutually exclusive to others, thankfully though just as it seemed I was going to dislike all the Craig era, SF has come along to surprise and delight me. Ultimately I think this is more down to Sam Mendes than anyone pre-dating him at Eon.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I enjoyed Skyfall, thought they had brought back just enough of the humor, missing from QOS
( although as a revenge story it wouldn't have a lot of jokes ) smile . I think it looks very good
for the next Bond Film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:28 pm

lachesis wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Pretty much the same experience for me except that today it's QOS I can still enjoy but CR that just dropped through the floor. I don't see SF in quite the same lofty position you suggest - it's top ten Bond and perhaps an 8/10 film for me - The plot is a mite too contrived, Silva a touch too Joker, the dialogue often unnatural and I could do without Bond moping like a petulant child at the beginning but whereas the pretensions of CR and QoS just kill all the fun and identity of Bond, Sf manages to be first and foremost entertaining and distinct, it relishes it's British roots and isn't ashamed of its iconic heritage.

A top ten Bond and an 8/10 film for me, but that's the thing about Bond it has lived so long some parts are almost bound to be mutually exclusive to others, thankfully though just as it seemed I was going to dislike all the Craig era, SF has come along to surprise and delight me. Ultimately I think this is more down to Sam Mendes than anyone pre-dating him at Eon.
I'm fine with the mopey bit, because it passes and I feel it's done better here than it was before. It's Mendes trying to capture the depressed Bond in the latter books, it feels like. Trying to do a YOLT/TMWTGG kind of deal with Bond coming out on top back in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 pm

'Skyfall has thrilling action, terrific performances, genuinely funny humour, breathtaking cinematography and a smart, invigorating screenplay that manages to joyously pay tribute to Bond's 50th anniversary AND set up his screen future ... and be proudly British. It winningly re-introduces beloved series characters with a pleasing 21st-century 'polish', and has a villain who is both classically megalomaniacal (a whole island probably beats a hollowed-out volcano) and utterly contemporary (bisexual cyber-terrorist, doncha know)'.

What I said in the 'The folks who like it and those that don't' thread back in February. Still stands.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 4:37 am

Skyfall would definitely have my vote (although I haven’t watched some of the older Bond movies). I also think that Bérénice Marlohe is one of the hottest Bond girls. She really sizzled on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Skyfall (out of ten)   Rate Skyfall (out of ten) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate Skyfall (out of ten)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7