More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness

Go down 
+11
trevanian
MBalje
Loomis
Jack Wade
Fae
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Salomé
bondaholic
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 pm

I assumed he had been influenced by Nolan's Batman films in some way, and it made sense for him to look to those films. Mendes never directed a blockbuster action/adventure flick prior to SKYFALL. If you're tackling a action flick and looking to make a lot of money, then look to THE DARK KNIGHT. Very simple.

As I mentioned earlier, EON had obviously looked to BATMAN BEGINS when rebooting Bond. Mendes claims that he looked at elements of THE DARK KNIGHT, which influenced SKYFALL. However, boiling down bits and pieces of SKYFALL and claiming that they're ripped right from THE DARK KNIGHT films doesn't make much sense to me.

Nolan gave the Bond filmmakers an idea on how to make films that can be taken seriously and earn a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 pm

I must admit that Skyfall and that Batman flic both left me seriously underwhelmed. They have got that in common.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Skyfall and Dark Knight side by side Video   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:45 am

Here is a side by side video of Skyfall and Dark Knight

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:48 am

Yeah... Now there should be a video between all the first 20 Bond films, and The Dark Knight, and see how much Batman copied from the Bond films. Especially if we're looking at things like action starting in a crowded place (TB, MR, TND, OP, etc)...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:20 am

These TDK trailer edits have been tired since 2008
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:17 pm

I've heard that The Dark Knight stole from Licence To Kill's pre-title sequence.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:19 pm

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES did.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:05 pm

I certainly see significant similarity between Skyfall and 'The Dark Knight' and I believe Mendes at some point mentions that film as something of an inspiration. However these links to The Dark Knight Rises ring less true and are more a case of retrofitting, both films do in their turn employ a rather familiar arc - though as ever its more about the way things happen than what milestones are passed.

There is no secret that Nolan is a Bond fan and has used the series as inspiration, I see that as a logical and positive thing myself.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:55 pm

It is ironic how Nolan's fans get upset over Skyfall "ripping off" the Batman movies when Nolan has been calling back to the Bond movies well before that. The car chase in BATMAN BEGINS is a good example, with the corny comedic bits with the cops being played out like bufoons. All it's missing is J.W. Pepper.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness   Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyfall - 'The Dark Knight' Related-ness
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2