More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Javier Bardem linked to B23

Go down 
+4
Jack Wade
dr. strangelove
Satorious
Louis Armstrong
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

Javier Bardem linked to B23 Empty
PostSubject: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:12 pm

He's been linked to Bond 23 in the news before. Any more developments we find on this can be posted here.

What do you think of his potential casting?

I for one love the idea. Whereas Le Chiffre and Green were simply thorns in Bond's side, I can see Bardem playing a villain who is Bond's superior both physically and intellectually. Considering the incredibly driven nature of Craig's Bond, it's essential that he get a villain who can match him every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Great actor and I like the choice personally. However, I suspect it won't pan out - he can be notoriously picky about his roles. Plus he was being associated with some other franchise wasn't he? Still - you can but hope!
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Satorious wrote:
Great actor and I like the choice personally. However, I suspect it won't pan out - he can be notoriously picky about his roles. Plus he was being associated with some other franchise wasn't he? Still - you can but hope!

Yes, The Dark Tower series, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 am

He seems pretty enthusiastic about taking the role, though it seems as if it all depends on the script. If he takes it, it could be a good sign that Bond 23 is cooking up to be something good, but then again, we all had high hopes with Amalric and Forster on the last one, and that was a let down.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Ever since No Country for Old Men I thought Bardem would be tremendous as a Bond villain. Always thought it was a pipe dream, though. Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Bardem would bring another level of menace to a villain's role, unlike the limp Greene and Elvis from the last fillm.
He would also help drive Box office . There would be a real curiosity factor to see what he might do as a Bond villain.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 am

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/javier-bardem-closing-dark-tower-deal/

Bardem close to signing deal with this project, hopefully we'll hear Bond news regarding him soon.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:59 am

danslittlefinger wrote:
http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/javier-bardem-closing-dark-tower-deal/

Bardem close to signing deal with this project, hopefully we'll hear Bond news regarding him soon.

In that case, he likely won't be part of Bond 23, especially given that Dark Tower and Bond 23 will be filming at the same time.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:04 pm

http://go.ign.com/lzV6X4

Were you excited to see Universal's ambitious film and TV adaptation of Stephen King's saga The Dark Tower? Well, you might want to chill on that as there's reportedly a very good chance the whole thing could fall apart soon.

Variety reports that within the last week Universal began balking at the huge budget of the whole endeavor and just might put the project into turnaround, whereby the producers could try to shop it elsewhere or to maybe partner with another studio. The studio bigwigs are expected to meet soon to make that decision.

However, the trade's sources also told them "as of Thursday, Universal is moving ahead as if the project is going forward."

Ron Howard will direct and Javier Bardem will star as Roland Deschain. The first film was slated for release May 17, 2013.

As Variety points out, if The Dark Tower does collapse it would mark the second such expensive genre epic to get the plug pulled on it by Universal in recent months. The studio shelved Guillermo del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness this past spring over budget concerns.

UPDATED: "Universal Pictures has put pre-production staff on hiatus as they discuss ways to bring down the budget," reports Deadline. "One thing for sure, even though staffers have been told there's a chance they will return, the plan to start production in September is scratched."

- I put this there as it might free Javier up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Javier Bardem linked to B23   Javier Bardem linked to B23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Javier Bardem linked to B23
Page 1 of 1