More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Bond Youtube Thread

Go down 
+24
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
silvertoe
JMY
You don’t know me
Hilly
Denbigh
Walecs
Bond Fan 90
Makeshift Python
TedHeath
Mr. Trevelyan
MBalje
G section
GeneralGogol
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
CJB
retrokitty
Drax
colly
Prince Kamal Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 3:18 am

No one had ever heard of it. How he finds this stuff no one knows but he's a true critic of only the lowest of the lowbrow...probably because he imports all kinds of insanity from Taiwan.

The "film" in question was Never Say...Never Mind. He recounts the story of how he found the five DVDs and ordered them.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am

One of these days I must steel myself and watch Operation Kid Brother.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:03 pm

It's ridiculously entertaining. The main title song gets stuck in your head. Don't let the first ten minutes throw you as there is little to no dialogue. But it has amazing moments. Adolfo Celi watching footage projected onto the back of a nude girl.

Basically it's total bizarre Italian knockoff material with hysterical laugh inducing craziness-but with Bondisms everywhere. You see many returning faces, there is an actual semblance of plot, Lee and Maxwell show up and essentially do a version of their normal roles, Lois gets to use a machine gun in one scene, the villain has trap machine guns in the ceiling, there is a knife that shoots its blade off and in moments Neil Connery looks eerily similar to Sean. It's mostly in his eyes but he'll turn or make a sudden move and I'm like: OMG that looks just like TB era Sean!!!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 10:18 pm

Some intuitive improvisation as I defend AVTAK and sing its praises for 2.5 hours...

It's amazing how much more human Bond is in the film, how the darker tone sets up the Dalton era along with the greater focus on romancing the lead girl, and how many connections to Gardner's Bond novels you can make let alone the number of seeming nods to his early books.
And as always Barry finds the heart of the film and makes it his score with many OHMSS nods musically this time.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 am

Here it is...me going over the entire Japanese letterbox Laserdisc series from DN to TND and also tossing in the very rare 1984 letterbox NSNA...

Hopefully one day I can get the final TWINE disc..it's my white whale of LD collecting. The last one sold a week ago on ebay for $430 usd...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 am

hegottheboot wrote:

Some intuitive improvisation as I defend AVTAK and sing its praises for 2.5 hours...

yes

Quote :
It's amazing how much more human Bond is in the film, how the darker tone sets up the Dalton era along with the greater focus on romancing the lead girl

Well.... Bond does cook for her. Perhaps it goes further than any other Bond film sans OHMSS. tongue

Any case, I wouldn't trust Dalton to be the one to help sell a romance.

Quote :
And as always Barry finds the heart of the film and makes it his score with many OHMSS nods musically this time.

100%. I know this score is rather highly regarded.... but it's still doesn't get the praise it deserves.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 1:54 am

Thanks for the positive feedback! I’ve got to get enough time set aside to continue with the Dalton era.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 2:47 am

I commentated at the conservatoire. It was exquisite.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 am

Daisuke's stream on TWINE.

Of course I didn't realize Bond Experience did a Book club stream at the same time on FYEO! I've really got to finally be around for one of those.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 9:18 pm

I'm behind on these but I might leave some until I watch the films. Be a nice companion piece. I look forward to your LTK.

I've given up the ghost videos wise (though curiously my IPCRESS vid has gained views, I daren't click the view duration saying 14 seconds is my average!) but hopefully before I go to uni, I'll get one done for DAF50.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
You don’t know me
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
You don’t know me

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 2:04 pm

Enjoy!

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why it isn't embedding.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 pm

You don’t know me wrote:
Enjoy!

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why it isn't embedding.

I sorted it out for you. There's a Youtube button that you can paste the link into and it should work after that.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:44 pm

The James Bond DB5 Story
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:24 pm

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/james-bond-roger-moore-no-time-to-die/
Roger Moore in NTTD Fan trailer

https://youtu.be/eJpHIolXg7Q
And Roger in Spectre
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 11:27 pm

For those that may miss it in the LTK thread I just finished the next track. The time flew away like a little bird...
How in the world do these keep getting longer? It started with just an intro and outro and now I’m going well over the runtime!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 1:37 am

A trip to statue park, talk about John Gardner and gardening, slappers only, eurothrillers, French registration plates, techno and invincibility.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:56 am

James Bond joke
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:00 pm

rimshot
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:11 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Adjusts tie, charges the Ericsson mobile phone, tries Zukovsky’s Finest and goes for an icy swim.
My usual suite please.

Since I always use original taglines and then make a joke at my own expense-you can clearly see how they didn’t just give up on the taglines over time but completely ground them out with their heel. I had to resort to using the DAD trailer for a semi tagline.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 2:18 pm

I've started on your TND commentary. I like that you recognise how much it opens up over time... but still tough to hear your criticism. cry more
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 3:07 am

I went for the nitty gritty in terms of trying to cover everything. I'm glad it's easier to figure out the rewrite situation on TND now as opposed to all the tabloid reports at the time which unfortunately get requoted still. Keep in mind this is me simply musing at my usual intensive Bond level because I can't ever stop studying Bond. I do think wholeheartedly Spottiswoode had a mammoth task and managed to pull it off. Unfortunately it seems he rubbed a number of folks the wrong way and its was a grueling shoot for everyone.

My problem is I do these live and with the intro and outro always go longer than the film runtime and could keep going. Now people ask me about doing the modern era and I'm like....uhhhh I've got nothing....
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 9:23 pm

Occurs to me I should've watched yours whilst watching TND last night. I'll have to revisit some of these soon. Next year would be ideal with DAD20(!), TND25, TLD35, TSWLM45 and YOLT55...Christ, quite a few anniversaries.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:43 am

25 years of Tomorrow Never Dies? Buckle up gents... In 2022, BAB will probably be renamed Tomorrow Never Dies... and Beyond.

hegottheboot wrote:

My problem is I do these live and with the intro and outro always go longer than the film runtime and could keep going. Now people ask me about doing the modern era and I'm like....uhhhh I've got nothing....

Nothing to say about the Craig era? I'd say one could endlessly mine it for problems.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
25 years of Tomorrow Never Dies? Buckle up gents... In 2022, BAB will probably be renamed Tomorrow Never Dies... and Beyond.

Crazy to think TND is half-way between Connery's last official Bond and now. blink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Bond Youtube Thread
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next