More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Mendes for Bond 24?

Go down 
+12
Loomis
bitchcraft
Jack Wade
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
CJB
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
j7wild
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Control
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Control wrote:
I really wouldn't be surprised if Mendes gets a call back and takes it.

With the biggest Bond ever under his belt, I'm sure EON is going to offer him quite a bit to come back and rival his previous film.

His own island and a lifelong supply of caviar (Bulaga, south of the Caspian)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 am

Regardless of whether Mendes returns, I suspect that BOND 24 will feature the following:

- The gunbarrel at the end of the film, just prior to the closing credits.

- A scene in which Bond has a great big row with M (perhaps Bond and Mallory will actually come to blows) and either threatens to quit the service or actually does so.

- Bond getting drunk and wallowing in self-pity (he may or may not also be AWOL at the time).

- Q taking the piss out of Bond for being a clapped-out old man and making quips like: "I'm sure you still find mobile phones to be miracles of modern technology, 007." (Although he may - somewhat implausibly - refer to them as "cell phones".)

- M on the point of firing Bond.

- Moneypenny being kidnapped or held prisoner or in some way inserted into jeopardy in order to make Bond's mission seem more "personal".

- At least two scenes in which Bond is shirtless so that audiences can gaze in wonder at his muscular physique.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am

The only one of those I can see definitely occurring is the last one. I think both Mendes and Logan are smart to know that simply doing another SKYFALL won't work. I can sort of imagine Bond and Mallory having a row, but threatening to quit the service? At this point it would seem like an empty gesture.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am

Just as OTT plots and special effects threatened to plunge Bond into cliche, I think having yet another film where Bond is on the verge of leaving the service, having his usefulness to the service questioned, going rogue etc. poses a similar threat. As Sharky suggests, by now it's been fairly well-established that MI6 needs Bond (and vice versa) and they can't keep milking the rogue agent/reboot angle for eternity.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 am

Loomis wrote:
- A scene in which Bond has a great big row with M (perhaps Bond and Mallory will actually come to blows) and either threatens to quit the service or actually does so.

- Bond getting drunk and wallowing in self-pity (he may or may not also be AWOL at the time).

- M on the point of firing Bond.
Possibly, but what if it was all a ploy to get Bond into a position where he is recruited by the villain? I don't think he's done that before. And based on what we've seen of Fiennes' M, he approves of his people taking initiative and/or finding creative ways to solve problems.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am

Manhunter wrote:
Ripped off from several other films, with an utterly unbelievable main plot and villain character.
You do know we're talking about a Bond movie, right?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 pm

If only Terence Young's name was attached to SKYFALL, Manhunter would be singing praises.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The only one of those I can see definitely occurring is the last one. I think both Mendes and Logan are smart to know that simply doing another SKYFALL won't work. I can sort of imagine Bond and Mallory having a row, but threatening to quit the service? At this point it would seem like an empty gesture.

And I think Mendes knows enough about Bond to avoid the cliches that we've been seeing since 1995.

For example, in SKYFALL, I was sure that Severine was simply going to set Bond up and turn into another expendable villainess. I was surprised that she legitimately brought Bond to Silva with hopes that he'd kill her "master".
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 am

Manhunter wrote:
Ripped off from several other films, with an utterly unbelievable main plot and villain character.
What would you consider to be "believeable", then? A rogue - even by their standards - North Korean colonel, who has his DNA totally transplanted to become someone else in order to set himself up as a legitimate businessman and then builds a Giant Space Laser Of Death to detonate all of the mines separating the North from the South in the most expensive, inefficent and disappointing world domination scheme (he doesn't have any plans for the Giant Space Laser Of Death once the mines are cleared away) ever?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 am

Gustav Graves was a pretty impressive fellow. Not everyone can score a knighthood after a mere 14 months of existence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendes for Bond 24?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2