More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Mendes for Bond 24?

Go down 
+12
Loomis
bitchcraft
Jack Wade
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
CJB
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
j7wild
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Control
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Mendes for Bond 24? Empty
PostSubject: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2260511/Scarlett-Johansson-simply-sizzles-stage-A-Cat-On-A-Hot-Tin-Roof.html

Quote :
We've been expecting you, Mr Mendes

Sam Mendes is discussing with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, keepers of the 007 film flame, the possibility of directing Bond 24.

The Oscar winning film-maker directed the hit Skyfall and had been wavering as to whether he wanted to make another one.
I’m hearing that Broccoli and Wilson offered to set a start date for Bond 24 in 2014, rather than later this year, as intended.

The 2014 shoot appeals to Mendes because he can devote this year to directing the musical Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, which is now in pre-production.

Douglas Hodge is playing Willy Wonka. Nigel Planer and Myra Sands have been cast as Grandpa Joe and Grandma Georgina. Jack Shalloo and Alex Clatworthy have signed on to play Charlie’s parents.

Paul J. Medford will play Mr Beauregarde, father of champion gum-cracker Violet. And Jasna Ivir will play Mrs Gloop, mother of the gluttonous Augustus.
Mendes and choreographer Peter Darling have also cast some powerhouse dancers to play the Oompa Loompas.

Previews for Charlie And The Chocolate Factory start on May 18 at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. Opening night is June 25. The decision to shoot Bond 24 next year also gives the producers more time to find high calibre actors to work alongside Daniel Craig and Ralph Fiennes.

Still too early in the game, I'd say, but I hope a deal goes through. With SKYFALL's billion+ earnings, I'm sure EON and Sony could scrounge enough money and convince him to do another.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:00 am

"Let's go get im'!"

Mendes for Bond 24? Bond+-+jw
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 am

Oh Boy!

If they are going to have another script like Skyfall's.... it won't matter if Steven Spielberg or God himself directs it.

Skyfall may have broken box office records but it doesn't mean it's a good Bond movie.

It sucks! Get a better script! Get rid of Purvis and Wade!

Put the gun barrel sequence at the beginning.

Get rid of Moneypenny and that prepubescent Q.

Skyfall would had been great if they had spent as much time on coming up with a 100% original script as they did on the Academy Award nominated theme song by Adele.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 am

j7wild wrote:
Skyfall would had been great if they had spent as much time on coming up with a 100% original script as they did on the Academy Award nominated theme song by Adele.

10 minutes?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 am

j7wild wrote:
Get rid of Purvis and Wade!.

Looks like you're not keeping up with the news.

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t1971-purvis-wade-depart-the-series-logan-to-write-bond-24-solo
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 am

Could do a lot worse than Mendes. Good news if it comes to fruition.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

I'd be willing to wait a bit longer for B24 if it means Mendes directs another Bond film of SF's caliber.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm getting over the gunbarrel placement in the films. It worked well at the end of SKYFALL, especially with that 50th anniversary gunbarrel logo.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm

If they started around this time next year, Bond 24 could still comfortably be a late 2014 release. There was a stated intention after the buy-out of MGM to get back to a 'every 2 years' release schedule, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Here's something of a win-win for Sony and EON. Sony wants to jump back to the every other year method, make as many Bond films with Craig before he departs. EON however wants to take their time with the development of their scripts so they might not be so eager to stick with that kind of pace. With SF making over a billion dollars, there is one way that Sony can assure the next Bond film making more than it's predecessor: Make Bond 24 a Summer 2015 release. This would give EON plenty of room to breathe while Sony would be glad to have a Bond film with more potential at the box office.

It's not too much of a stretch as this has been done with other recent blockbusters such as STAR TREK and HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE, both were originally slated for Dec 2008 but pushed further to Summer 2009 because they saw that they could have more potential during that season and it paid off. The same has recently been done with MAN OF STEEL, originally a Dec 2012 release now a Summer 2013 tentpole. Think there's a chance Sony will push for that with 007?
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 pm

If they keep or get Mendes back for Bond 24 fantastic. Some consistency of sorts but maybe something along the lines of Skyfall again. And I guess (assuming it happens) Mendes for Bond 24 = Newman too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Python wrote:
Here's something of a win-win for Sony and EON. Sony wants to jump back to the every other year method, make as many Bond films with Craig before he departs. EON however wants to take their time with the development of their scripts so they might not be so eager to stick with that kind of pace. With SF making over a billion dollars, there is one way that Sony can assure the next Bond film making more than it's predecessor: Make Bond 24 a Summer 2015 release. This would give EON plenty of room to breathe while Sony would be glad to have a Bond film with more potential at the box office.

It's not too much of a stretch as this has been done with other recent blockbusters such as STAR TREK and HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE, both were originally slated for Dec 2008 but pushed further to Summer 2009 because they saw that they could have more potential during that season and it paid off. The same has recently been done with MAN OF STEEL, originally a Dec 2012 release now a Summer 2013 tentpole. Think there's a chance Sony will push for that with 007?
Not sure. I think I see Sony playing it safe and keeping Bond where it is. It's a proven November winner where it doesn't face the same onslaught of tentpoles that summer releases do.

Maybe Skyfall's box office returns signal that a return to summer might work for Bond but I don't see Sony willing to risk fixing what ain't broke.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Control wrote:
I'm getting over the gunbarrel placement in the films. It worked well at the end of SKYFALL, especially with that 50th anniversary gunbarrel logo.

Didn't Mendes say he put it at the end because he didn't see it working out with the opening scene? I wouldn't be surprised if it's back in front next time.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

Hilly wrote:
And I guess (assuming it happens) Mendes for Bond 24 = Newman too.

I really hope so, but I have a strange feeling that Arnold might return.

Mendes put together the biggest Bond film ever.
Newman's score was the highest-charting Bond album in 27 years and also earned an Oscar nomination.
Deakins was nominated for an Oscar.
Craig's performance has been praised by fans and critics.
And, on top of it all, we got a pretty awesome Bond flick.

You'd think EON and Sony would shell out enough money to convince this dream team to come back for another.

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Control wrote:

Didn't Mendes say he put it at the end because he didn't see it working out with the opening scene? I wouldn't be surprised if it's back in front next time.

Yeah, and that makes sense, too. I couldn't see it working in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am

Could've worked IMO. Have the gunbarrel, then a nice panoramic shot of Istanbul, then go to Bond finding the wounded agent. I don't think the opening shot of Bond in the hallway was so spectacular that we needed the fourth consecutive bout of "creativity" wiith that franchise staple.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 am

I agree. The gunbarrel could have even worked with that opening shot. Have the camera linger a little longer on the hallway and then Bond can appear.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 am

If Mendes returns (as I hope and expect he will), I'm sure he'll be quite happy to put the gunbarrel back at the beginning of the film.
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:56 pm

j7wild wrote:

Skyfall may have broken box office records but it doesn't mean it's a good Bond movie.

It sucks! Get a better script! Get rid of Purvis and Wade!

Put the gun barrel sequence at the beginning.

Get rid of Moneypenny and that prepubescent Q.

Precisely. Agreed on all of it, the bolded parts in particular.
The writing is utterly ridiculous. Ripped off from several other films, with an utterly unbelievable main plot and villain character. Most of the direction is dull.
It will be a hard time for me spending money on the DVD (I won't buy the Blu) and watching it again. But I'll do it for tradition's sake.
There are many things about the film I have to get off my chest, so I'll be looking forward to writing a review more than to viewing the film again.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2278914/Sam-Mendes-James-Bond-sights-Skyfalls-phenomenal-box-office-success.html

Looks like Mendes will probably return for Bond 24. Baz is quite accurate with his news.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:46 am

There's only one director for Bond 24 (and my choice for Bond 23).

I've been saying it since CR but Barbara is too dumb to know better!

Florent Emilio Siri

Go watch his 2002 movie "Nid de guêpes" aka "The Nest".

Enough with these artsy metrosexuals part heterosexuals part homosexuals directors.

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 am

j7wild wrote:
There's only one director for Bond 24 (and my choice for Bond 23).

I've been saying it since CR but Barbara is too dumb to know better!

Florent Emilio Siri

Go watch his 2002 movie "Nid de guêpes" aka "The Nest".

Enough with these artsy metrosexuals part heterosexuals part homosexuals directors.

If artsy gets them another US$1billion, they'll stick with artsy.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: w   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:32 pm

bondfan06 wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2278914/Sam-Mendes-James-Bond-sights-Skyfalls-phenomenal-box-office-success.html

Looks like Mendes will probably return for Bond 24. Baz is quite accurate with his news.

Li'l "Baz" needs to find a new headline writer. It should read, "Has Bond in His Sites" not "Sights."
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
bondfan06 wrote:

Li'l "Baz" needs to find a new headline writer. It should read, "Has Bond in His Sites" not "Sights."
I think you're wrong about that.

http://grammarist.com/usage/sight-site/
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
bondfan06 wrote:

I think you're wrong about that.

http://grammarist.com/usage/sight-site/

Well, son of a gun.

:oops:
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm

I really wouldn't be surprised if Mendes gets a call back and takes it.

With the biggest Bond ever under his belt, I'm sure EON is going to offer him quite a bit to come back and rival his previous film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendes for Bond 24?   Mendes for Bond 24? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendes for Bond 24?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next