More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Te'o Dame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

No Te'o Dame Empty
PostSubject: No Te'o Dame   No Te'o Dame EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm

I admit it. I've been totally sucked into this Manti Te'o saga. I don't want it to end, and I don't think it's going to anytime soon. I think it's fascinating.

http://deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-interview-manti-teo-admits-to-tailoring-his-stories-says-he-wasnt-convinced-lennay-kekua-was-fake-until-wednesday

My take on all of this: the man is gay. A Mormon football player from a Pacific Islander family going to a Catholic college....probably felt pressure to be heterosexual, didn't want to go against family and faith, so he invented a girlfriend three years ago when he was an unknown, never suspecting that one day he'd become a Heisman Trophy candidate and Top 5 draft pick in the NFL. Once he starts getting media attention, he kills off the girlfriend in order to tie up any loose ends (he hopes), because even he knows he can't sustain this kind of lie for much longer. He's hoping that by killing her off he'll encourage the media to not investigate her existence (or lack thereof).

He needs to either just shut up or come fully clean. But right now, all he's doing is just adding more questions to the story than answers. The best thing you can say about this guy is that he was astonishingly naive to have "fallen in love" with a woman he'd never actually met (too naive, if you ask me, to hire as the face of my NFL defensive unit), and at worst a cunning liar who used cancer and his grandmother and "girlfriend's" death to get publicity in the run-up to the Heisman ceremony.
Back to top Go down

No Te'o Dame
Page 1 of 1