These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A Public Service Announcement to all B&B Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: A Public Service Announcement to all B&B Members   Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:30 am

If you haven't done so already, please bookmark the "View posts since last visit" link as opposed to the homepage. This is to encourage more integration within the forum and to curb the general trend of members sticking to their own enclaves, and rarely posting outside of them.

This is most evident in Television, Film News & Discussion, Multiplex and James Bond Fan Area, where many members seem to be sleep posting. Visiting the same threads day in and day out, as if updating a blog entry, only interacting with two or three other posters. While these online rituals might be a kind of comfort food (I know a lot of us have tedious jobs, and for that B&B can be a refuge), they are becoming seriously detrimental to this forum's bigger picture.

Even if one already uses the bookmark, make an effort to engage in conversations. Browse the parts of the forum you would usually ignore. Attempt to resurrect old debates with a new question to frame the discussion or with a relevant, recent article from the news.

Above all I will try to make an effort myself, and hopefully set an example for the rest of you.

Thank you for your time.

- Largo's Shark

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: A Public Service Announcement to all B&B Members   Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

Ah, this explains why when clicking on my BaB tab (thank you IE8) I go straight to a 'no post specified' page. Going to the homepage I ordinarily go from top to bottom of the forum looking at new threads/posts.

As for the Fan Area, it's being held up by one finger at the moment.

You're a chaps chap, Sharky. :*h*:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: A Public Service Announcement to all B&B Members   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 am

All I get when I click on that link is "No topics or posts met your search criteria". Oh phpBB format, irritating as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Public Service Announcement to all B&B Members   

Back to top Go down

A Public Service Announcement to all B&B Members
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: