More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Fleming Lines That Tickle You

Go down 
+5
hegottheboot
Hilly
Sleeper
Perilagu Khan
retrokitty
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleming Lines That Tickle You   Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 4:42 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Some line in DAF I think said that proven fact that homosexuals can't whistle.

That's from Scaramanga' dossier.

"The seventieth position! And invented by an Englishman!" Mathis in FRWL, when he sees Bond has Klebb pinned with a chair.

Ha! What a riot. I'd never really taken note of it buffore.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Fleming Lines That Tickle You   Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 7:34 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
And did he name her after an amalgam of the 'father' of psychoanalysis and one of the most influential works of sci-fi/horror of all time purely for his own amusement, or ... ?  

And which work of sci-fi/horror would that be?

Frankenstein.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Fleming Lines That Tickle You   Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
And did he name her after an amalgam of the 'father' of psychoanalysis and one of the most influential works of sci-fi/horror of all time purely for his own amusement, or ... ?  

And which work of sci-fi/horror would that be?

Frankenstein.

Hm! Possible, I suppose. I'm trying to recall Fleming's description of Freudenstein and if it resembled, somewhat, that of Frankenstein's monster. I do recall him writing that she wasn't terribly comely.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Fleming Lines That Tickle You   Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Don't mind admitting you flummoxed me a touch by quoting me from 3 years and 2 months ago, Khanners.

Can keep you on your toes in unexpected ways, this place! laugh
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Fleming Lines That Tickle You   Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 9:23 pm

A repainted sky-blue Ford Popular with large yellow ears was scurrying along the crown of the road ahead. Mechanically Bond gave the horn ring a couple of short, polite jabs. There was no reaction. The Ford Popular was doing its forty. Why should anyone want to go more than that respectable speed? The Ford obstinately hunched its shoulders and kept on its course. Bond gave it a sharp blast, expecting it to swerve. He had to touch his breaks when it didn't. Damn the man! Of course! The usual tense figure, hands held too high on the wheel, and the inevitable hat, this time a particularly hideous black bowler, square on a large bullet head. Oh well, thought Bond, they weren't his stomach ulcers. He changed down and contemptuously slammed the D.B.III past on the inside. Silly bastard!  

I know how you feel, 007. I know just how you feel.

Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 Afe07821f99cb0b534c9820e033e33d8

Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 Bowlerblackback_5a989ee7-144f-4764-879d-efcda3cbad5e_1200x1200
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleming Lines That Tickle You   Fleming Lines That Tickle You - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fleming Lines That Tickle You
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3