More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again Empty
PostSubject: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again   Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:25 am

Not sure what to think of this to be honest. I wish they'd let some classics stand alone.

Quote :
A new series of books featuring the flying car Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is being written by novelist and screen writer Frank Cottrell Boyce.

The books will tell the story of a family who get more than they bargained for after they soup up their VW camper van with an old racing car engine.

Original creator Ian Fleming's family asked the writer to pen a sequel.

The first of three books by Cottrell Boyce, who is from Rainhill, near St Helens, will be published in November.

Cottrell Boyce, whose debut novel - Millions - won the Carnegie Medal for children's literature, said: "I have no idea what made the Flemings think of asking me to write the sequel.

"I haven't asked them in case it's all a case of mistaken identity.

"I went back to the book for the first time since I was a boy and was delighted to discover that, first of all, it's really good and, secondly, it's crying out for a sequel."

Cottrell Boyce also works as a screenwriter. His credits include Welcome to Sarajevo, Hilary and Jackie and 24 Hour Party People.

Bond author Fleming created the story of a magical car, which has since become a film and a musical, as a bedtime story for his son Caspar.

His niece Lucy said Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is "thrilled to have Frank Cottrell Boyce, with his humour, his genius and his spanner, sparking her plugs, polishing her chrome and buffing up her bumpers".

"Her graceful wings are poised to take off on a new flight, with Frank's skilful but possibly oily hands on the steering wheel," she said.

Source
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again   Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:21 am

Frank Cottrell Boyce's Catholicism is becoming a bore. I wish he'd keep his religion to himself and go back to writing scripts about lesbian serial killers.
Back to top Go down

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang flies again
Page 1 of 1