More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL Empty
PostSubject: Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL   Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Newman seemed to do a little homework, prior to composing his score for SKYFALL, as I think a lot of Barry-esque sounds can be heard through out the film.

First and foremost, I'd say this was heavily inspired by Barry. Sounds a lot like the Bond theme in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE. It's far away from the polluted Bond themes we've heard in Arnold's scores. In the future, if they can't create a modernized Bond theme, then they should just stick to this. You can't go wrong, honestly. "Sometimes the old ways are the best..."

And then there's this theme, in which Newman admitted to trying to reproduce a Barry-esque romance theme. He succeeded, I'd say:

What I like about Newman's score is that it's purely his own, but inspired by all the right things. It doesn't sound like a Barry rip-off, and isn't (for the most part) generic action/spy film music.

Any other cues or tracks that stick out to you?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL   Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 am

On of the most Barry-esque (or Herrmann-esque - if you look at it another way) moments in Skyfall is one of the hardest to find. A small bit cut from the commercially released album and only heard on the For Your Consideration soundtrack. It's when Patrice's lift has arrived at the 67th floor, and Bond climbs out from under the car and creeps through the sliding doors. Very idiomatic voicings - all minor chords with added 9ths or 11ths. Stopped horns are what's producing that nasal metallic sound.

0:55 - 1:16
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL   Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:26 am

That's definitely one of my quibbles about the album when listening to it the last time. I do hope a later release will come out with the cues restored.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL   Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry-esque Music in SKYFALL
Page 1 of 1