More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

MI6/BAB Clusterfuck

Go down 
+8
Santa
Fort Knox
Murdock
General Yuskovich
retrokitty
chrisisall
Hilly
Largo's Shark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm not sure what it means when you use "sex maniac" as the antonym of virgin.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm dealing with membership issues at my place of work (a private club) and there are a few things I've seen work and not work....

Work: membership support and involvement.  Just posting and being interested sets a good example.

Does not work: Do not go about every avenue at once and in a desperate way. Yes, this place was about to shut down a while ago but at this point people have stepped in to get a few things going.  Those things take a bit of time. Largo's Shark seems to have been working day and night and it will help.

Though recruiting from other forums is alright (and appreciated), it's not the only way to get new members.  Certainly those who have joined recently are participating and that's great -  but Bond, film and music fans who are new to any forums might have even more to say - and new stuff.  So recruiting from outside forums is smart too. Many people who would enjoy this style forum (older, if I may say so) are just really getting a handle on using the internet for fun and not just work.

Then, keeping the tone of the forum is up to the members and the mods (if we get any babies).  

If people want to help spread the net, get on Twitter and Facebook, follow the B&B pages and share the posts with your friends and acquaintances.  They will then start following the posts and sharing them.  Of those, some will join the forum. It grows naturally from there.   We just need people to know this place exists and what it is: unique among Bond forums, great layout, fresh, edgy.  If social media isn't your bag, just keep posting content and sharing the forum site where and when you can naturally.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:33 pm

General Y Y wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
As an afterthought, take a look at Saunders' post from a few pages back. That's who we need - people who understand that this isn't just another Bond or Star Trek forum, but something different. Fuck that. Humour and lack of political correctness should be our USP so putting a teetotal virgin right-winger in charge of recruitment is a big mistake. What were you thinking?
You seem to know so much about me, but you don't know me personally so drop the prediction-about-character act, Ambler. I've got more members here who are willing to contribute than any other means so why have a dig at me. I'm not a paper tiger for you to tear down. Look into yourselves and ask how many people YOU have brought here, and how  edgy YOU make this place not whether I am or am not a sex maniac which is something of a side-issue for me.
Brian, we have very different ideas of what this forum could be.

I think it should be a virtual pub, a place of ribaldry, intoxication and fucking, somewhere for hard-working adults to escape to. Whereas you're an ex-Sunday school teacher, a 29-year-old virgin and a teetotaller. Such differing views cannot coexist successfully whatever the happy-clappy people might say.

That said, my main beef with you is that you appear to be a woman-hating racist with a love of Enoch Powell and Mussolini. That might be possible to ignore except Shark has chosen to overrule his fellow administrator and moderators - who have banned you from here repeatedly - and give you a role in shaping the forum's new master plan, which, apparently, involves getting members from MI6 to post over here. (Um ... if that's what's wanted, why don't we just move over there?)

Anyway, I've wasted far too much energy in trying to save this place and my time is unexpectedly limited now. Therefore, I'll bow out and let you have your head. Just one more thing: publishing a list of forthcoming articles on a blog doesn't make you a writer. (I do a pretty good imitation of Martin Amis, but that doesn't make me a successful novelist.) However, opening yourself up to new viewpoints and experiences - women, travel, books, intoxicants, education - just might. After all, until you experience life how can you write about it?
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:47 pm

I totally agree with Ambler on what this forum could be. I think that was the goal when it was first a safe place for the KTBEU refugees. And though there are some decent posters and people at MI6Com most know of this place and will come as they see fit. We don't need to recruit from there. They know they are welcome. That's should be it.

Just one question.... who or what are the happy-clappy people?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:54 pm

retrokitty wrote:
who or what are the happy-clappy people?
It's a terrible phrase, I agree.

I originally  typed multi-culturalists then realised that wasn't what I wanted to say. By happy-clappy, I think I meant those who deny the evidence of their own eyes and tolerate any kind of dangerous crap. Might be those drunk on religion or ideology, but equally it could be misplaced tolerance. Remember the old Republican poster?

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/1122

EDIT: wiki has a definition - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy-clappy
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 pm

I see James Page is still upset about this place. I've moved past it, but he can't seem to let it go. Last time I visited the place just to give it a fair shot he told me to fuck off. I don't get him. He seems to believe you can only be a member of one forum. It's no wonder the original domain holder of KTBEU had it redirect to CB.n, probably just to piss off Page.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Remember the old Republican poster?

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/1122
Decent song, too, though I'm not sure what your opinion is on the Manics.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
He seems to believe you can only be a member of one forum.
I tend to agree with him. Don't understand why anyone has the inclination or indeed the time to post in more than one forum, at least not on the same subject.
Back to top Go down
Agent007391
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Agent007391

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm

So folks are posting on both boards, what's the problem with that? I can't see how that in any way jeopardizes MI6 Community. I guess they just need to chill.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I guess you have to be a bit of a control freak to run one of these places. Shark has me fetching his shoes, which is odd as he doesn't have any feet.
Back to top Go down
Murdock

Murdock

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 pm

They probably think that other forums are responsible for the random troll attacks they keep having these days.
Back to top Go down
chrisisall

chrisisall

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 pm

No, I think it's understood that it's random nuts.
Wait, I can curse here?
I mean fucked up douchebags.
ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Dr No

Dr No

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Now then fellow Bond fans!

My name is Dr No and i am looking forward to discussing all things Bond
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:06 pm

It appears I was misled into joining these forums as were many from MI6. I was unaware of the apparent rivalry - or any connection, for that matter - to MI6 and it looks like the person who sent me the message - we all know who it is but, out of disappointment, I'd prefer not to mention him by name - took avantage of my love for Bond discussion by luring me to these forums under false pretense. I think I'm likely going to stay at MI6, unfortunately. It seems as if there is an animosity towards MI6, or at least towards James, on here, and if this is indeed true I wouldn't be comfortable being on both forums. Many apologies if my stay does turn out to be a short one.
Back to top Go down
Agent007391
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Agent007391

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Rivalry hell, a lot of these threads are exactly the same. I can't see why these two boards can't be partners, or at least friends. MI6 Community being the "All around, family" boards, and Bond & Beyond being the "Go ahead, say 'what' again!" boards.
Back to top Go down
Murdock

Murdock

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:10 pm

You weren't lead here under false pretenses. You were asked to join another forum and you did. BaB doesn't have a rivalry with MI6 there just giving opinions on the subject.
Back to top Go down
chrisisall

chrisisall

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 pm

I was told I would get a toaster if I joined! Damn you Dragonpol!!!rage 
Back to top Go down
Murdock

Murdock

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Here's your toaster Chrisisall, I have it. :D
MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 Battlestar%20Toaster%202009
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm

StirredNotShaken wrote:
It appears I was misled into joining these forums as were many from MI6. I was unaware of the apparent rivalry - or any connection, for that matter - to MI6 and it looks like the person who sent me the message - we all know who it is but, out of disappointment, I'd prefer not to mention him by name - took avantage of my love for Bond discussion by luring me to these forums under false pretense. I think I'm likely going to stay at MI6, unfortunately. It seems as if there is an animosity towards MI6, or at least towards James, on here, and if this is indeed true I wouldn't be comfortable being on both forums. Many apologies if my stay does turn out to be a short one.
SNS, you have every right to leave this forum if you want to. I don't know what Dragonpol typed in his invite, but my intention was never to pull-off some kind of bait-and-switch.

With the exception of Lazenby. (who doesn't post much here anyway) - none of us holds any bitter grudge towards James Page. The bile comes mostly from him, who after two years is still just as hostile as when we broke away. Even when we set up a Facebook account we got these delightful comments.

MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 Bondandbeyond

MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 Numi610

We've let it drop. Just waiting for James to return the favour.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Oh God, it's getting all weird again.
Back to top Go down
chrisisall

chrisisall

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Murdock wrote:
Here's your toaster Chrisisall, I have it. :D
MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 Battlestar%20Toaster%202009
Okay, thanks. I feel better now.
Back to top Go down
Agent007391
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Agent007391

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Wait... I never got a toaster. sad 

Anyway, I don't feel as if I was suckered into coming here. My invite very clearly said I was eligible for something, so I figured it was probably that two billion dollars somebody from Nigeria told me I'd be getting if I emailed him my bank account informat............

Wait a fucking minute here!
Back to top Go down
chrisisall

chrisisall

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Agent007391 wrote:
that two billion dollars somebody from Nigeria told me I'd be getting if I emailed him my bank account informat............

Wait a fucking minute here!
LOL, you totally fell for that. Interpol is your next stop.

Hey. That toaster doesn't work.
We've both been had.eek 
Back to top Go down
General Yuskovich
'R'
'R'
General Yuskovich

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Salomé wrote:
I'm not sure what it means when you use "sex maniac" as the antonym of virgin.

I really don't care what you think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Hey, when the old site was lost without warning - for many of us - and the MI6Comm and B&B started up, there were a lot of words tossed about that were nasty among people who used to be friends - or at least civil to each other.

I can understand how reading some of what was said was hurtful to some of the admins and mods of the old forum. The posts here were not nice at all.  That was years ago though and it's clear both forums can live among all the other Bond forums.

Now... about the style of forums... we didn't like how the forum looked like facebook because it just doesn't look sharp or work as well as the old site or this one. I'm there on occasion and it still takes some getting used to.  But having a facebook page is not the same. That's not where we hang out - yet.

Anyway... we should move on from all that mess and welcome whoever wants what we have to offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MI6/BAB Clusterfuck   MI6/BAB Clusterfuck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MI6/BAB Clusterfuck
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: