More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Austrians Do it Better

Go down 
+9
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
Prisoner Monkeys
Campbell4
CJB
Largo's Shark
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Austrians Do it Better Empty
PostSubject: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 pm

News from Shrublands on Cb.n regarding Bond 24.

Quote :
Filming in Obertilliach will take 3-7 days.

This will involve 2 "Aircraft" which are being transported from England. The Airport at Doelsach has already been booked to accommodate this.

At least one of the aircraft will crash into the set being built in the area.

It looks as if there will also be filming in Sölden, with some sequences shoot on the Rettenbachferner Glacier.

The glacier is located west of Sölden, 2600-3360m above sea level.

Austrians Do it Better 1247225799Obertilliach7

Austrians Do it Better Rettenbachferner-600x450
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Don't know about better... All I can remember about Austria is a jolly woman who liked it up the chuff. That and irremovable flak towers and those endless patisseries. Susan Denberg, of course. Oh, and some guy called Hitler.

As for B24, good to see Bond abroad again. The UK made a nice change in Skyfall, but 007 should be a globetrotter.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Title was just meant to draw you in Ambler, nothing meaningful. wink Which is probably the excuse given by subeditors...

I will say that a woman who actually likes it up the arse should be cherished. They're a rare breed.

Globetrotting is good, but you don't want location overload. Look at QOS. Miss the days of THUNDERBALL and YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, where one location was picked for its unique atmosphere and culture, not a box of Cadbury Roses that barely get explored.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Seeing the images above conjured "Journey to Blofeld's Hideaway" to my mind. Would be decent to have Bond spend time in such a location and by that, a lot of it but I guess not.

I feel a slight stiffness coming on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 2:02 am

Beautiful location. My stiffness is anything but slight.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am

Looks spectacular, oh the possibilities.....

I agree that there should really be less hopping around just for the sake of it, let's stay in one location for a while. Though if the few days shooting there are any indication I'm afraid Austria will not feature that much more prominently.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:53 am

3-7 days could be exteriors, then interiors for Austrian set scenes done at pinewood.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:58 am

What time did they spend in Carlsbad? Wasn't that a week? Could that mean a similar piece of the plotline set there?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:36 pm

They've never been to Carlsbad. They've been to Casablanca, and they were looking at Svalbard before settling on Obertilliach, but not Carlsbad.

Also, there's no correlation between the length of time a shoot is scheduled to take and the similarity of plot elements filmed there.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Umm Prisoner Monkeys, CR shot in Carlsbad (AKA Karlovy Vary) in the Czech Republic. They used the Grand Hotel Pupp for the hotel where Bond and Vesper stay.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Okay, well, 1) why not share that information upfront, and 2) please explain to me how a week of filming in one location for one film translates into similar story content in another film shot nine years later because it's filming in a different location for a week
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:12 pm

That's what I meant, Karlovy Vary. Wasn't aware it was supposed to be a secret they had shot CR there. Next time I share that info, no worries.

I didn't claim a week of shooting in one location was equal to a week in another, I merely asked hopefully. Could of course end up mostly on the cutting room floor, IDK.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Talk is now Austria may just be stand-in for Norway. Shame if that should turn out to be true.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Norway - in particular Svalbard - was the original first choice, but it proved to be too expensive. I'm not sure how that's a bad thing; Bond has never been to Norway, so there's the opportunity to do something new.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Bond might be going to Norway to chase a red herring...
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Why use Austria for Norway when you can get the real thing?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 am

Apparently because Norway would be very expensive to film in to begin with, and Svalbard is extremely remote. And it's possible that EON couldn't find what they were looking for in Norway.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Some more details as principle photography nears.

Quote :
http://www.salzburg2...mmergut/4123751

• The Altauseer Lake is being considered as a shooting location
  • The production decided 3 weeks ago not to shoot at the Dachstein for logistical reasons
  • A 25 day shoot is planned, with most of it to take place in Obertilliach
  • A helicopter landing and the blowing up of a ski lift are planned

Set construction in Obertilliach.

Austrians Do it Better James-bond-kulisse-large-592x385

Austrians Do it Better Obertilliach3

Austrians Do it Better 726_haus_brunner

Austrians Do it Better James-bond-bauernhaus-tilliach-592x435

Austrians Do it Better Bond24Rom

Quote :
It looks like they want to remove the power poles and the ski-lift (or at least parts of it) for the shooting, for filming the plane crash in the wood near the village. and they think Obertilliach will be used for a major sequence of the movie with 25 minutes screen time (which would maybe be around 10-15min finally...)

Lake Altaussee

Austrians Do it Better Lake-altaussee-trisselwand-mountain_66051_990x742

Austrians Do it Better Thumb_94603__contentGalleryBig

Austrians Do it Better 285

Scuttlebutt is that it's a flashback to death of Bond's parents. My personal theory is that might be inspired by Ian Fleming's Octopussy - Major Dexter Smythe on the hunt for a cache of Nazi gold, and killing mountain guide/ski instructor Hans Oberhauser.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Beautiful locations.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:54 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Apparently because Norway would be very expensive to film in to begin with, and Svalbard is extremely remote. And it's possible that EON couldn't find what they were looking for in Norway.

Of course they could find what they were looking for! They just chose not to. They're cheap! They could have had everything they wanted in Norway, but they've snubbed me and the glory of my people! Let them take their trifling arses to Austria, which has been overused as a location.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Scuttlebutt is that it's a flashback to death of Bond's parents.
God, I hope not ...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 3:12 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

God, I hope not ...

Yeah, probably not. Remember the rumours when they were scouting for Skyfall Lodge (Duntrune Castle, Brecon Beacons)?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:49 pm

To be perfectly honest, I'm trying my best to forget some of them.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

God, I hope not ...

Yeah, probably not. Remember the rumours when they were scouting for Skyfall Lodge (Duntrune Castle, Brecon Beacons)?

Maybe James' parents were working for OsCorp SPECTRE, realized that SPECTRE had crossed over from legitimate research and development into plans for weapons development and terrorism, so they faked their own death to protect him, and left him an underground laboratory with a video on a computer that cuts on as soon as you turn on the lights, and it explains the entire plot for you. I bet James will run into his old friend and Eton roommate, Ernst Stavros Blofeld, who is now running SPECTRE. Oh wow, this is going to be exciting!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Our first bit of footage. Someone caught the arrival of the plane (it's small and black, looks like a low wing Piper) on the back of a trailer.

James Bond in Tirol from TIROL TV on Vimeo.

BTW if you can't see this video, go to profile > preferences > click 'yes' on 'always allow HTML.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austrians Do it Better   Austrians Do it Better Empty

Back to top Go down

Austrians Do it Better
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: SPECTRE (2015)-
Jump to: