More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Crowdfunding for Films

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Crowdfunding for Films Empty
PostSubject: Crowdfunding for Films   Crowdfunding for Films EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:46 pm

It seems that a lot of major directors are turning to crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo to raise money to make their films.

Recently, Dario Argento created a campaign on IndieGoGo. Zach Braff made $3 million with his campaign on Kickstarter. Spike Lee made quite a bit of money, too.

What would compel you to donate to a crowdfunding campaign? I've seen a lot of projects that interest me, but have rarely bothered to reach for my wallet and donate.

Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Crowdfunding for Films   Crowdfunding for Films EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 pm

With most of these nothing compels me to donate either. I like looking at the rewards and such but it's all just for amusement as I never give it any serious thought.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Crowdfunding for Films   Crowdfunding for Films EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Maybe it has to do with how far one's donation goes.

For example, if I'm getting a generic, prewritten "thank you" email from a bunch of people that I don't know for contributing $10, then I don't see why it's worth bothering. This probably works fine for the Kickstarters with celebs involved with their projects, but not independent projects created by nobodies.

I'd probably be more willing to blow $10 on a campaign if I was going to get a small poster or something.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Crowdfunding for Films   Crowdfunding for Films EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 pm

I'd only donate if I really care about a project, would have to be something I'd really die to see, IDK, some childhood dream or a story or book I love. Something personal, something I get a lot of info about and can't get out of my head any more. So it would have to be a project I either already dream about or by someone I know personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crowdfunding for Films   Crowdfunding for Films Empty

Back to top Go down

Crowdfunding for Films
Page 1 of 1