More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' Empty
PostSubject: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:01 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/11261872/James-Watson-selling-Nobel-prize-because-no-one-wants-to-admit-I-exist.html

Expects to fetch $2.5m. He wants to buy a David Hockney painting and support to scientific research with the money.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:05 am

Control wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/11261872/James-Watson-selling-Nobel-prize-because-no-one-wants-to-admit-I-exist.html

Expects to fetch $2.5m. He wants to buy a David Hockney painting and support to scientific research with the money.

If I say I don't believe in evolution I'm told I don't believe in science.

When the Nobel-prize winning scientist who discovered the double-helixed dna strand says not all races evolved at the same speed or with the same abilities, he's treated like a red-headed step-child.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Control wrote:

If I say I don't believe in evolution I'm told I don't believe in science.

When the Nobel-prize winning scientist who discovered the double-helixed dna strand says not all races evolved at the same speed or with the same abilities, he's treated like a red-headed step-child.

Well even Watson has since admitted that his statements were wrong and proven wrong due to shedload of research that proved that original statement of his wrong. In his defence one can say that at the time he said so a lot of reseach was based on less than objective ideas.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Anyone see Life Story with Jeff Goldblum as Jim Watson? Maybe the best science drama ever made.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:23 am

saint mark wrote:

Well even Watson has since admitted that his statements were wrong and proven wrong due to shedload of research that proved that original statement of his wrong. In his defence one can say that at the time he said so a lot of reseach was based on less than objective ideas.

Which statements? The theory of evolution in general, or the idea that sub-Saharans evolved at a different speed, and are thus fundamentally different from other "races"?

I don't believe in evolution. Period. I don't have one ounce of doubt that it is pure junk science. Ergo, I don't believe black people evolved at a different speed, or pace, over thousands of years.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
saint mark wrote:

Which statements? The theory of evolution in general, or the idea that sub-Saharans evolved at a different speed, and are thus fundamentally different from other "races"?

I don't believe in evolution. Period. I don't have one ounce of doubt that it is pure junk science. Ergo, I don't believe black people evolved at a different speed, or pace, over thousands of years.

I do believe that a lot of people are more stupid than me and there are equally more people smarter than me, but I do not base that on gender or race.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 5:33 am

saint mark wrote:

I do believe that a lot of people are more stupid than me and there are equally more people smarter than me, but I do not base that on gender or race.

In general, do women learn in different ways than men? Do they process information differently?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Alisher Usamanov, richest man in Russia, and purchaser of Watson's Nobel for $4.1 million, plans on returning the scientist's prize.

Quote :
"In my opinion, a situation in which an outstanding scientist has to sell a medal recognizing his achievements is unacceptable,” Usmanov said in a statement. “James Watson is one of the greatest biologists in the history of mankind and his award for the discovery of DNA structure must belong to him."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'   James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist' Empty

Back to top Go down

James Watson selling Nobel prize 'because no-one wants to admit I exist'
Page 1 of 1