More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW

Go down 
+7
Blunt Instrument
Strangways&Quarrel
Salomé
Makeshift Python
Hilly
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:06 pm

http://www.avclub.com/article/hackers-threaten-violence-against-theaters-screen--213089

Quote :
   Warning

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.

Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.

The world will be full of fear.

Remember the 11th of September 2001.

We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.

(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)

Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

All the world will denounce the SONY.

This is getting ridiculous. I'd guess it's total bullshit.

I was wondering if it was a publicity stunt until I read the bit about Homeland Security getting involved.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:55 pm

I won't be seeing the film.

Not because I'm afraid for my life, but because I'm afraid for my intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:00 am

Where were they for every Adam Sandler movie?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:27 pm

The film's premiere in New York has been cancelled, and most cinema chains are being given the option of showing it uf they wish.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Sony have gone and pulled the pin entirely.

Who would have thought that Kim Jong-un would have been the one to save us from another terrible Seth Rogen film?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:02 am

Well, it sounds like North Korea was actually behind the Sony leaks: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-behind-sony-hack-u-s-officials-n270451

The whole irony about this is that it makes Kim Jong-un look more like an immature internet troll than the badass leader he supposedly sees himself to be. His father didn't even feel the need to get bent out of shape over TEAM AMERICA.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:08 am

Speaking of TEAM AMERICA, a lot of theatres are playing it in place of THE INTERVIEW.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:08 am

I'm seriously wondering what else was unearthed in the hack that Sony is seemingly so afraid of?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:20 am

Well, looks like Kim Jong-un's death scene leaked.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:21 pm

The Sony hack story is like a Hollywood thriller - in which we let the bad guys win
If we don’t defend silly comedies like The Interview, then one day we’ll discover that there’s nobody left to speak up for the things that really matter, says Alex Proud

Quote :
Defeating terror isn’t just about drones in countries Americans can’t pronounce, it’s standing up for what you believe in your own backyard. [Seth Rogen] could give us a call to arms that combines the best of Volatire with the “Dicks, Pussies and Assholes” speech in Team America: World Police. It would be great. But I’m not holding my breath. This time, I think the bad guys really have won - because the “good guys” didn’t even put up a fight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11301210/The-Sony-hack-story-is-like-a-Hollywood-movie-in-which-we-let-the-bad-guys-win.html
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Speaking of TEAM AMERICA, a lot of theatres are playing it in place of THE INTERVIEW.

Not anymore they aren't:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/paramount-bans-screenings-of-team-america-world-police-20141218

I don't know whether this is all incredibly sad or hilarious or a bit of both.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Bit of both, assuredly. World gone topsy turvy
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm reminded of the end of TROPIC THUNDER, where the actors made a film about the disastrous film production. Ten years from now, I can see the studio doing the same, casting Ben Stiller as James Franco, Robert Downey Jr as Seth Rogen, and Jack Black as the guy who plays Kim.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:12 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I'm reminded of the end of TROPIC THUNDER

I'm reminded that Hollywood makes billions from films about superhero crimefighters, but caves at the first threat of real violence. Corporate cowards.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 am

Sasha Baron Cohen managed to do with THE DICTATOR what Franco and Rogen were trying to do with THE INTERVIEW. The difference is that, thinly-veiled as his character was, Cohen was intelligent enough to realise that if he played Qaddafi or al-Assad or Ahmedenijad directly, then it would probably piss them off. I cannot believe that nobody at Sony stopped and questioned the wisdom of including Kim Jong-un in their film given that he has a history of unpredictable and aggressive rhetoric. While this precise outcome may not have been forseeable, surely they would have recognised that Kim would not appreciate the joke.

Also, while it was an American production, Sony is a Japanese company, and Tokyo and Pyongyang don't get along. I doubt Kim would make the distinction between Sony Japan and Sony America, and with the Japanese government trying to secure the release of Japanese nationals held prisoner in North Korea, I wouldn't be surprised if they put some pressure on Sony themselves.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Die Another Day must've gone down like a pinprick in Pyongyang. "Just wait until Hollywood does something even worse."
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 am

On one hand, I'm pissed off that a dictatorial shithole like North Korea can affect movie releases in a democracy.

On the other, 'The Interview' is/was probably fucking awful.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Apple should drop The Interview into everyone's iTunes account. Make the entire world a target. It can't be as bad as U2's last turd.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Obama has objected to SONYs pulling of the film. More or less said it sets a precedent for further threats if foreigners don't like documentaries or news reports. This was after the FBI pinned the blame on North Korea. He also said there will be a response but exactly how is yet to be determined. They can't exactly boycott North Korean supplies because an embargo is already in place.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:50 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Obama has objected to SONYs pulling of the film. More or less said it sets a precedent for further threats if foreigners don't like documentaries or news reports. This was after the FBI pinned the blame on North Korea. He also said there will be a response but exactly how is yet to be determined. They can't exactly boycott North Korean supplies because an embargo is already in place.

Michael Lyton tried blaming some of this on the White House and rejecting President Obama's version of what happened. By reading Lyton's body language alone I can tell you he's being very generous with the truth, if not outright lying. He did cave. SONY bowed to pressure from a dictator; no sense blaming Obama on this.

Lyton, Paschal and Rubin are all Democrats who have given huge amounts of money to Democratic fundraisers; you'd think they'd all be on the same page with Obama, but apparently Obama didn't care for Paschal and Rubin's "wacist" email exchange.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:17 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Die Another Day must've gone down like a pinprick in Pyongyang. "Just wait until Hollywood does something even worse."

I'm pretty sure DAD-related death threats mainly came from Bond fans.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 8:21 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Kim Jong-il was reportedly a Bond fan, but hated DAD.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Looks like a cyber skirmish has broken out between USA and North Korea. Apparently, all N.Korean internet access is down.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:05 am

I'm sure they can rub some sticks together to get it back.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:21 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Looks like a cyber skirmish has broken out between USA and North Korea. Apparently, all N.Korean internet access is down.
If there was any doubt before, we've entered the era of cyber warfare. This is the way of the future.

I'm less worried about North Korea, though, than I am about quasi-vigilante groups like Anonymous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW   Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW Empty

Back to top Go down

Hackers threaten 9/11-like violence on theaters that screen THE INTERVIEW
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next