More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years

Go down 
+2
Control
bitchcraft
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years Empty
PostSubject: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:26 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-economy-gdp-idUSKBN0K111Y20141223

Heard this on BBC Worldwide on the telly.

(Reuters) - The U.S. economy grew at a 5.0 percent clip in the third quarter, its quickest pace in 11 years and the strongest sign yet that growth has decisively shifted into higher gear. Some of the strength appears to have been sustained, with other data on Tuesday showing consumer spending rising solidly in November, offsetting surprisingly weak durable goods orders. The reports further set the U.S. economy apart from the rest of the world, where growth is sputtering or activity shrinking. wrote:

Good going, hope it stays that way. Now do something about fucking oil prices.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

It's relatively cheap in New York, from $2.75-3.50. What are you paying?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Control wrote:
It's relatively cheap in New York, from $2.75-3.50. What are you paying?

I meant the tumbling prices per barrel. It was over US$100/barrel a few months ago...it's dropped to $55 thereabouts now. That can get economies all shaky and shit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:30 pm

CJB tells me the falling price of crude is part of a U.S. conspiracy to destabilise Putin.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:10 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
CJB tells me the falling price of crude is part of a U.S. conspiracy to destabilise Putin.

Was actually going to mention that. laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 6:50 am

Yeah, it's just to fight off the competition. Stupid, but at least I'm getting the cheapest gas I've ever payed. In Southern California it to be above $4 per gallon for awhile, now it's below $3 per gallon.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:01 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Yeah, it's just to fight off the competition. Stupid, but at least I'm getting the cheapest gas I've ever payed. In Southern California it to be above $4 per gallon for awhile, now it's below $3 per gallon.

For the first time in I can't remember how long, I payed $1.97 a gallon. I'm old enough to remember paying .75 cents a gallon for gas back in the late 90's. Oh Bill Clinton, come back. We forgive you!

Cheaper fuel prices will fuel the American economy. Yeah, some of these oil companies won't make quite as much profit for a while, but they've had it good for a solid decade or so, so they can afford to make a little less.

The only reason fuel prices might go back up is if President Obama's energy team and allies in Congress work to raise fuel taxes (they're trying: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/the-tax-that-dare-not-be-hiked/383428/).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:00 am

I've seen it as low as $1.15 in these parts. The Jew in me is very happy.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

For the first time in I can't remember how long, I payed $1.97 a gallon. I'm old enough to remember paying .75 cents a gallon for gas back in the late 90's. Oh Bill Clinton, come back. We forgive you!

Cheaper fuel prices will fuel the American economy. Yeah, some of these oil companies won't make quite as much profit for a while, but they've had it good for a solid decade or so, so they can afford to make a little less.

The only reason fuel prices might go back up is if President Obama's energy team and allies in Congress work to raise fuel taxes (they're trying: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/the-tax-that-dare-not-be-hiked/383428/).
So when are we going to thank Obama for gas prices plummeting to the levels they're at now? Gas where I live is at its cheapest since 2008.

Better question: When are we going to stop erroneously thinking the president affects gas prices?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:47 pm

When it's most convenient, as always in politics.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:41 am

Fingers are pointing at the US AND its PRESIDENT

http://rt.com/news/216083-oil-us-morales-bolivia/

At least Mr.Presidente is not saying he behaves like a monkey in the forest like those in the East...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years   US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years Empty

Back to top Go down

US Economy experiences strongest 3rd Qtr growth in 11 years
Page 1 of 1