More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

NSW state erection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

NSW state erection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 6:03 am

CJB wrote:
PM needs to learn how to behave.

NSW state erection - Page 2 XvhYsfz
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 6:28 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

And I have no intention of voting Liberal. Liberal governments only govern for Liberal voters. Anybody who doesn't vote Liberal usually bears the burden of their policies. You might think that the economy is the best in the country, and it is, but what you are overlooking is the way the housing market is out of control and rent is going up faster than the average wage. But most Liberal voters wouldn't know anything about that, since they're not working to the award rate and they're not looking to buy their first home.

Judging by the swings towards the Coalition at the last federal and NSW election, I'd say your views on who votes Liberal are cliches of a bygone era.

I agree that property prices are ridiculous. That's been caused by too much government rather than too little. If the Liberals have failed to address the issue sufficiently - and they probably have - you can be pretty sure the party of red tape will do even less.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 6:59 am

CJB wrote:
I'd say your views on who votes Liberal are cliches of a bygone era.
What I find ridiculous is that the Libs' advertising has tried to discourage "local protest voting". It's an obvious jibe at Queensland and Victoria, but it completely fails to take into account the way the Libs got back into power. Nobody voted for Abbott because they believed that he was a genuine leader. They voted for him because he wasn't Labor. And predictably, they and their born-to-rule attitude misinterpreted it as a vote of confidence, and the end result has been predictable - an endless stream of policy backdowns, embarrassments and a fundamental misinterpretation of what the public want. Fifty years from now, people will remember them as being one of the worst governments in history - a government that targets social welfare and public health whilst ignoring corporate tax avoidance, a government who tried to create a country where only conservative voters had the opportunities and anyone else was neglected, marginalised, or ignored.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 7:30 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Nobody voted for Abbott because they believed that he was a genuine leader.

How many Liberal voters did you speak to about this?

Quote :
They voted for him because he wasn't Labor. And predictably, they and their born-to-rule attitude misinterpreted it as a vote of confidence

So after winning the election they should have not implemented policies because the 53% of the country that voted for them didn't really want to vote for them?

Quote :
an endless stream of policy backdowns

Due to a Left-dominated Senate. I agree that the Senate needs to be abolished as it's fundamentally undemocratic.

And yes, I'd be saying that even if Labor was in government. The "unrepresentative swill" are always left-wing populists who rubber stamp Labor legislation anyway.

Quote :
a fundamental misinterpretation of what the public want

Just because parts of the public want Free Shit paid for with borrowed money doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I know you still can't accept the election result, but it is what it is. I'm afraid your mate Bitch Tits Bill has about as much a chance of becoming prime minister as Bitch Tits Beasley. You can get away with cheap populism mid-term and be rewarded in the polls, but come election time people will need to make a decision on whether the country remains solvent or becomes the Greece of the South Pacific. I trust there are enough voters out there who still work to earn a crust and will thus reject economic self-destruction.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 7:32 am

NSW state erection - Page 2 Kate-upton-zero-gravity-gif-6-1

Here's tits as my interest in this discussion is waning and I have a life n' stuff.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Well, the Libs won as predicted.

We're screwed. The working class can now look forward to being crushed under the wheels of "progress".
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:33 am

What is this "working class"? You mean the plumbers and electricians who make six figures? I think they'll be just fine. Indeed, I'm sure they'll love getting home to their families faster thanks to Baird's infrastructure plans (endorsed by well-known Liberal Paul Keating no less).

I'll be fascinated to hear who's going to be crushed and how, but no doubt you'll respond with some 70's rhetoric rather than actual policy critiques.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:23 am

CJB wrote:
You mean the plumbers and electricians who make six figures?
No, I mean the plumbers and electricians who live and work in the western suburbs and who will receive absolutely no benefit from another harbour crossing because they don't make the sixteen-figure salary that you need to live in the suburbs that will benefit from it.

Or how about the North Connex project that was proposed, the tunnel connecting the head of the F3 to the M2? I won't blame him if he's abandoned that - building a sixteen kilometre tunnel under Pennant Hills Road was never going to happen.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:33 am

They'll benefit from WestConnex and the Western Harbour tunnel.

I work on the north shore but live on da south side ('cause I make slightly less than sixteen figures) and would benefit immensely from the new Western Harbour tunnel easing congestion in the Eastern Distributor. That new harbour raill crossing will also benefit the legions of people who work on the north shore but live elsewhere.

So no, the benefits won't be reaped by just the north shore toffs you blithely dismissed. We southbound working joes will get home sooner too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSW state erection   NSW state erection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NSW state erection
Page 1 of 1