More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)

Go down 
+3
Gravity's Silhouette
Prisoner Monkeys
bitchcraft
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) Empty
PostSubject: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:51 am

...helicopter.

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) SpectreMain

Came upon this.

Chuck Aaron, one of the top stunt pilots in the world, is flying the chopper for the production. He’s the only person who’s insured to do 360 flips in a helicopter on the planet, so we can expect to see some never before witnessed ariel action in this film. While we did witness some helicopter stunt work in Mexico City, the bulk of what Aaron is set to do is being shot 10 hours outside the city at a lower altitude.

I'm hoping there's no CGI green screen shit involved.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 5:31 am

Quote :
I'm hoping there's no CGI green screen shit involved.
It will involve some digital manipulation to insert the helicopter into the footage shot in Mexico City, but it won't be green screen. It's actually fairly basic digital work, like removing a stuntman's safety wire in post-production.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:23 am

This sequence better be good.

I'm not excited about seeing 1500 masqueraders and a chase through the crowd - exactly how is that Bond like?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:51 am

Is it just me or has Craig worn a suit in every PTS? Was he wearing one in CR?

The guy in the white looks like Silva.

Checked out some of Chuck Aaron's work on YouTube. If a tenth of that ends up in SPECTRE then it will truly be a memorable PTS; his stuff looks gonzo. Otherwise it'll end up being another on-foot chase sequence like we've gotten in CR....and QOS....and to a lesser extent SF. Needs less rooftop chases and more big-bang action sequences.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 4:11 am

ooh yeah

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 4:45 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

I thought the same thing. Poor decision having the villain in the PTS look like the villain from the previous film.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:50 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
I'm not excited about seeing 1500 masqueraders and a chase through the crowd - exactly how is that Bond like?
There's the junkanoo in TB and Carnivale in MR for a start.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:
There's the junkanoo in TB and Carnivale in MR for a start.

Is that exciting? Nope. I need some excitement before the Craig films bore me to death.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:16 pm

I read recently that the PTS will (again) be the longest so far in the franchise. Not sure about everyone else, but I'm not a fan of the long PTS' at all. I thought the one in SF was pretty weak, and went on far too long.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:26 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:
I read recently that the PTS will (again) be the longest so far in the franchise. Not sure about everyone else, but I'm not a fan of the long PTS' at all. I thought the one in SF was pretty weak, and went on far too long.

The one in SF didn't seem too long to me. It depends upon how it's put together. TWINE's PTS seemed a bit long but it takes place in 3 different locations; I liked TWINE's p.t.s. (would've like it better with the jetpack that was in the initial draft and not the speedboat), but it also feels a bit disjointed because it takes place over a longer stretch of time.

SPECTRE's p.t.s. has to be the longest ever by necessity: Mexico has paid a lot for promotional consideration and they want to get their money's worth. If the average minute of a Bond film costs at least $2 million dollars, then the PTS has to be at least 10 minutes long for the country to get their investment back.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:06 pm

The problem with TWINE's PTS was that it was originally scripted to end with Bond escaping the banker's office, and the Thames chase took place after the titles. But it was felt that the sequence was too short, and so everything got rearranged.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
The problem with TWINE's PTS was that it was originally scripted to end with Bond escaping the banker's office, and the Thames chase took place after the titles. But it was felt that the sequence was too short, and so everything got rearranged.

The pretitle for TWINE was fun. The rest of the movie didn't live up.

Although Brozza had his best Bond moment when he iced Elektra.

And speaking of helicopter action...it's been 35 years....

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) ForYourEyes3
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

The pretitle for TWINE was fun. The rest of the movie didn't live up.

Although Brozza had his best Bond moment when he iced Elektra.

And speaking of helicopter action...it's been 35 years....

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) ForYourEyes3

Eh....I guess. But it's not like helicopters haven't figured into the subsequent pictures: AVTAK, LICENSE REVOKED, GOLDENEYE, TOMORROW NEVER LIES, & TWINE, but Bond himself hasn't fought hand-to-hand on one since FYEO.

Did I miss any post-FYEO helicopter action?

I just hope and pray that there is no CGI shots in this PTS, because the YouTube footage of Chuck Aaron's work is enough to induce vertigo; just imagine how powerful that would look on an IMAX screen. Don't screw it up with unnecessary CGI "camera work" like in FURIOUS 7, when the viewer knows that the f/x are fudging the camera shot, and that it wasn't done practically or for real.

There are parts of FURIOUS 7 when I assume that the stunt men really did drive out the back of the cargo plane, but other shots are also CGI and distract from the real stunt work that took place.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 1:53 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:
This sequence better be good.

Junkanoo in Nassau (TB), Christmas festivities in Grindelwald (OHMSS), Las Vegas circus (DAF), voodoo stuff in LALD, Mardi Gras in Rio (MR), circus by the West German US Airbase (OP). It's got classic Bond written all over it.

I wanna cool action scene, not a mob scene arse whip
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Control wrote:

I thought the same thing. Poor decision having the villain in the PTS look like the villain from the previous film.

Nah...different angle...

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) 27274A6000000578-3026220-High_flying_fight_A_stunt_double_for_Daniel_Craig_stepped_in_for-m-6_1428231188230
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:12 am

Gonna assume the handstraps are part of the action sequence and will not be digitally removed, but that the cables running inside of their suits will be.

And what's with Bond in a 3 piece suit for every action sequence? How do you not stand out in a Day of The Dead crowd looking like that? He might as well have "SPY" written across his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:26 am

I have seen photos of Cremona in costume on the ground. He has been aged with makeup and looks like a dignified, older gentleman with a Baron Samedi vibe.

How do you not stand out in a Day of The Dead crowd looking like that? He might as well have "SPY" written across his forehead.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Gonna assume the handstraps are part of the action sequence and will not be digitally removed, but that the cables running inside of their suits will be.

And what's with Bond in a 3 piece suit for every action sequence? How do you not stand out in a Day of The Dead crowd looking like that? He might as well have "SPY" written across his forehead.

In fairness his opponent is similarly attired and anything that distances him from the grunge 'plumber on smoke break' look he generally conveys (often even in a suit) is good with me.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:40 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43845

Quote :
The scene kicks off Spectre's story in predictably thrilling fashion, with exploding buildings, a pulse-quickening foot chase through the Day Of The Dead parade and a fight inside a helicopter, which will then perform what promises to be one of the most spectacular stunts in Bond history. The newly-released stills above give a flavour of what to expect, including rooftop gun battles and the mysterious Estrella, played by the recently-cast Stephanie Sigman. Empire witnessed the scene being put together, and can testify that jaws will be dropped come Spectre's October 23 release date.

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) 90104
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)   Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....) Empty

Back to top Go down

Discuss the opening sequence with the... (spoilers....)
Page 1 of 1