More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...

Go down 
+7
lalala2004
CJB
colly
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
Control
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Many former collaborators hate the guy, amongst them his ex-wife.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Salomé wrote:
Which one?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 pm

ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Which one?

Depends on her calender.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:07 pm

ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Which one?

Well the one I'm aware of is Hamilton. Did he and Bigelow work together as well?

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Not sure, but I doubt it. An alpha female and an alpha male rarely make the most stable couple. Their egos collide.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Salomé wrote:
ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Which one?

Well the one I'm aware of is Hamilton. Did he and Bigelow work together as well?

I was thinking of the ex-Mrs. De Palma.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:45 pm

I like a 2D image and a 3D script.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:57 am

Watched FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III IN 3D. Equally stupid as the other entries and equally fun on a kitsch level. The 3D worked fine in certain parts, other times it was shit to the point of double vision. I watched it with the old fashioned red-blue 3D glasses, the kind that makes you cross eyed. I really look forward to a blu-ray release of another 80s cheesefest known as JAWS 3D. That should be a real hoot.

Funny thing is James Cameron DESPISES films like that, trashing that movie PIRANHA 3D believing it was hurting the "integrity" of the format. It's a fucking gimmick, that's all it is be and that's all it will ever be treated as such.

I honestly think 3D is going to drop again, no matter how hard Cameron tries pushing it forward. 3D is just a novelty that pops up every 30 years (1950s, 1980s, and now 2010s).
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
It's a fucking gimmick, that's all it is be and that's all it will ever be treated as such.
I respectfully disagree. Sure, it can be a gimmick, and those films are misusing the benefit of 3-D. But some films, like the Pixar films or even "Avatar," use it simply to add depth of field, and I wouldn't say that's a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 am

But it's an unnatural, artificial depth of field, that causes the human eye to work twice as hard to process. It's turning the background of a composition (which in most cases should be secondary) into a foreground, distracting your attention from the actors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...   James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Cameron says the next revolution in cinema is...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2