More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes

Go down 
+2
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes Empty
PostSubject: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 am

No 'end credits' answers…

1. Bond meets Osato and Helga
As I've said countless times, I love Osato's office - the production design in YOLT is a highlight of the franchise, but this particular set is stunning. From the chopper arrival, Helga walking out in that figure hugging outfit and that Osato "believes in a healthy chest" with that low angle of Dor's boobs make for a fun little scene.

2. "In Japan, men come first. Women come second"
It's so un-pc it's great! And that shot of seeing Bond through the girl's thighs is classic Bond. Tiger's reference to Moneypenny makes me smile, also.

3. The Volcano Assault
Great use of such a fantastic set. It's not part of James Bond iconography for no reason! It's good to see Tiger and his men in combat with Bond against Blofeld's goons, as opposed to the ending of GF where it's pretty much the US troops that save the day.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:01 am

1. Tiger Tanaka's introduction scene
I thought it was well shot and a bit ominous. The laugh and shot of Tiger in the chair were great at making you think he was a villain at first.

2. Bond's first visit to Osato Chemicals
First there was a pretty good quick fight with the driver then a short tense scene of Bond trying to get the safe open plus the quick gun battle with one of the guards. It's a pretty down to Earth but thrilling scene in a film with a lot of extravagant action pieces.

3. The Volcano Assault
For same reasons FieldsMan mentions. Just glorious and Ken Adam's set is so magnificent, if there is one Bond that you absolutely have to see in it's original aspect ratio it's this one.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 10:54 pm

1. Bond meeting Tanaka

brilliant intro, the set, the way Bond comes in and the sheer charisma of Tanaka.

2. Aki's Death

Chilling in her manner, the music is top notch and it's one of the most notable Bond girl deaths personally.

3. Drop in the Ocean

I struggled for a third so plump for this. The music, the effect of a car being swung into the air and knowing that's how the Japanese SIS deal with people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Not bad, Hilly. The Drop in the Ocean sequence, as cool as it is, loses points for the broadcast of the operation. Not only have Japanese SIS dispatched the aircraft, but another to film it for Bond to watch in Aki's car! laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Ha, well I guess the Japanese SIS collect all their executions for posterity. There must be a museum in the depths of Tokyo that Tiger started.

"Here you can see when we assassinated the head of the Yakuza..." colgate

Total aside, the Times was reporting on Covid-stories around the world a fortnight back. In Japan crime gangs like the Yakuza have sent messages out asking their members to wear masks and obey social distancing. If that's not enough, older members of the Yakuza were complaining as the masks would get in the way of them intimidating people like businessmen.

Ah, Japan.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 am

Covid doesn't discriminate. It affects every profession. laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 am

It is an equal opportunities disease. colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
No 'end credits' answers…

1. Bond meets Osato and Helga
As I've said countless times, I love Osato's office - the production design in YOLT is a highlight of the franchise, but this particular set is stunning. From the chopper arrival, Helga walking out in that figure hugging outfit and that Osato "believes in a healthy chest"  with that low angle of Dor's boobs make for a fun little scene.

2. "In Japan, men come first. Women come second"
It's so un-pc it's great! And that shot of seeing Bond through the girl's thighs is classic Bond. Tiger's reference to Moneypenny makes me smile, also.

3. The Volcano Assault
Great use of such a fantastic set. It's not part of James Bond iconography for no reason! It's good to see Tiger and his men in combat with Bond against Blofeld's goons, as opposed to the ending of GF where it's pretty much the US troops that save the day.

As far as my most recent viewing is concerned, these remain my firm favourites. I also quite like seeing Bond walking around Tokyo when he arrives. Wish there was more of it. And the fight in Osato's office is quite brutal, particularly for a Gilbert-helmed film. Might even crack the top 5 Bond fights.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:23 pm

1. Little nellie, despite the obvious studio shot segments this is a great scene with one of Qs greatest inventions and some nice shots of the Japanese mountains.
2. The docks, Some great chase and fight scenes, love how the ariel photographer pans right out as we watch our hero fighting his way across the rooftop
3. Volcano assault. At the time of course this was the most expensive Bond set, Ken adams vision was unmatched, blowing it to pieces must of been heartbreaking after the time and expense it took to construct it
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:22 am

Can't disagree with those options. The only thing that detracts for me with the Little Nellie sequence is the flamethrower. But otherwise, it's great!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Always like Bond's remark after the battle about Little Nellie seeing off unwanted suitors. Connery's voice makes it so.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah, the glint in Connery's eye and his amused delivery makes it's one of the few moments in the film where he might be most committed.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Yeah, the glint in Connery's eye and his amused delivery makes it's one of the few moments in the film where he might be most committed.
Was Connerys disinterest in making the film that obvious onscreen?...can't say it was that obvious
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 pm

I think it's most obvious in the Moneypenny scene. His tone of voice, particularly when he says "which girl?" is Connery at his most bored, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 6:33 pm

Oddly the one scene I draw to thinking Connery would rather be somewhere else is when he's sat at the outside table with Tanaka and Kissy. I forget now what it comes after but Connery looks bored rigid.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 1:50 pm

You mean with Tiger and Aki, I believe after he escapes the plane crash?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 4:45 pm

that would be the one. Either the sun's in his eyes or he wants out.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Hilly wrote:

that would be the one. Either the sun's in his eyes or he wants out.
Call me a fanboy but i have never seen Sean give anything less than 100% in any film, even when the film is a pile of crap....and he has been in some real stinkers!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 1:12 am

Outside of Bond he has no real reason to not give it his all. By the time YOLT went into production he tired of what the films were becoming, and how the producers were treating him. It's true, there are moments when he shines in YOLT, but there are other moments when he's bored or disinterested. It only really happens in this film. By the time we get to DAF I think he's tickled by Mank's script and there's a new energy to his performance.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 am

Outside of Bond he has no real reason to not give it his all. By the time YOLT went into production he tired of what the films were becoming, and how the producers were treating him. It's true, there are moments when he shines in YOLT, but there are other moments when he's bored or disinterested. It only really happens in this film. By the time we get to DAF I think he's tickled by Mank's script and there's a new energy to his performance.
Without examples it's hard to comment regarding Connerys disinterest, if you have any MKKBB i will watch out for them? Connery was clear about his motives for making DAF ....money for his charity
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 1:14 am

The Moneypenny scene and "some honeymoon!" come to mind.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 5:25 pm

The Moneypenny scene and "some honeymoon!" come to mind.
But surely when he says "some honeymoon" he was meant to sound pissed off? huh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 am

There's no conviction behind his delivery, one way or the other. He gets by because of his sheer presence.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 3:16 am

I use "some honeymoon" all the time perhaps behind only "Well I think it's about hotel time", "Glad we got that out of the way", "I love you", "Oh no I like sake-especially when it's served at the proper temperature 98.4 degrees Fahrenheit like this is","I have a confession to make-I'm a spy" but most of all and one of my most quoted lines ever:

"SHIAMESE VODKA?!?!?!?!?!?"

Some honeymoon is supposed to be a pissed off jokey throwaway as much as Bond's bemused/tired "mmmm" when looking at Kissy still playing hard to get while having a rest on the hillside a bit later on.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 11:35 am

Nah, i'm not seeing any of this myself. i never went to acting school but are you guys not just looking for faults where they don't exist?...YOLT is my No2 ranked Bond movie and Connerys performance looks as strong as it did in his others. I tend to just go along with the ride and enjoy whats on screen, which gives me greater enjoyment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes Empty

Back to top Go down

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next