More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+20
Kath
hegottheboot
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Professor Train
bitchcraft
Bond Fan 90
lachesis
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Xenia93
Control
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
G section
HJackson
dr. strangelove
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Hacksaw Ridge.

This is one of those movies that I didn't intentionally set out to see but when it started on the telly I checked it out with some casual interest...and it got pretty good! Watched it to to the end.

The true story of Pfc. Desmond T. Doss (played by Spider-Man Andrew Garfield), who won the Congressional Medal of Honor despite refusing to bear arms during WWII on religious grounds. Doss was drafted and ostracized by fellow soldiers for his pacifist stance but went on to earn respect and adoration for his bravery.

Gets very violent when the fighting starts. drool

I thought it was great. A little too heavy handed on the religious themes for this viewer but all in all a highly effective war film.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 pm

The Last Of The Mohicans - don't think I'd seen this since its theatrical release. Daniel Day-Lewis maybe should've played the dashing romantic hero more often, it rather suits him.

A sweepingly enjoyable historical adventure.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:10 pm

I really want to see that one on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Becoming Bond - this docudrama detailing how George Lazenby blagged his way into playing 007 is, for the most part, an absolute hoot.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah it's very entertaining. Good to see Jane Seymour pop up too!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Jeff Garlin as Saltzman also inspired casting. And call me an overgrown schoolboy, but the hot topless women were certainly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 7:32 am

It's a great little doco.

If nothing else, Laz is probably second only to Rog as the most entertaining Bond in real life. Always fun hearing about the way he fell dick backwards into the role and other escapades.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Saltzman and Broccoli were savvy operators, and yet here they were handing arguably the most 'plum' part in cinema to a man with no previous acting experience. Extraordinary laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Jeff Garlin as Saltzman also inspired casting. And call me an overgrown schoolboy, but the hot topless women were certainly appreciated.

Titty Galore indeed. No wonder I rushed out to get it on DVD.

CJB wrote:
It's a great little doco.

If nothing else, Laz is probably second only to Rog as the most entertaining Bond in real life. Always fun hearing about the way he fell dick backwards into the role and other escapades.

True blue Aussie. Makes me proud.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 pm

And as I've said years ago, meeting Lazenby was truly memorable. Though probably the only Bond actor who could appear in a Soho shop in casual clobber fresh off the Tube.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 7:27 am

Agree with that; Laz being the only Bond I've met (thought I'd met Cregg once but it was actually a rabid, shaved monkey that had escaped from the zoo and had proceeded to embark on a poo-flinging rampage).
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am

Likely my only hope of meeting any of them is if they can be persuaded to attend a convention here in NI (and Lazenby seems to be the most likely candidate). Closest previously was attending one of Sir Rog's 'An Afternoon With ... ' shows back in 2016.

There was a con here over the weekend and I did actually meet Bond alumni Julian Glover and Caroline Munro at it. Nice people, her in particular :) .
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 3:17 am

I usually have no idea what to do in those situations. I get horribly, terribly nervous and yet suddenly have to fight the desire to do an impromptu long reaching research book of questions.
I'm just glad to meet folks, and the autograph/photo ops aren't what I'm interested in. Personally its more of a matter of expressing one's honest gratitude and thanks.
I haven't met a Bond, and it absolutely kills me to this day that I never met Sir Roger if only to say thank you. The only EON connected person I did meet was Shirley Eaton at a book signing who was tremendously nice. A friend was at a con and very graciously got me Richard Kiel's autograph which I treasure.

To be honest, I'd really love to work with each of the Bonds in some way-I don't think that any of the original five have ever been properly appreciated.

I think today I'd most like to meet Michael G. Wilson. And after the hero worshiping..then ask for a job. Any job. At least let me reinstate the old Hamilton-Mankiewicz snakepit room so I could actually try my darnedest to bring fresh relevant ideas back in.

Force 10 From Navarone

Much better than people make it out to be. Instead of being a true GUNS OF NAVARONE sequel, this is more like a dark WWII film with consistent black comedic tones. While not perfect, there's so many 007 connections and truly inspired  moments that it really manages to work. Robert Shaw is absolutely mesmerizing in every frame despite all concerned thinking the film was a throwaway.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 9:44 am

Unfortunately, I didn't get to chat to Glover much ... when I went to get his autograph, the guy at his signing table in front of me was literally the last person he gave it to that day (he then headed off with Staz Nair (another guest at the con and his GOT co-star) so I can only assume they were due back on set). But still great to have had a pic with him.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 10:38 am

Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse

Took one of my brothers' kids to see this. Surprisingly entertaining. The animation was unlike any I've seen before. I loved Peter B. Parker as a character. I also loved the many moments in which they take aim at the Spiderman franchise. Certainly a lot more original than many of the movies Marvel themselves have churned out over the past few years.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Salomé wrote:
Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse

Took one of my brothers' kids to see this. Surprisingly entertaining. The animation was unlike any I've seen before. I loved Peter B. Parker as a character. I also loved the many moments in which they take aim at the Spiderman franchise. Certainly a lot more original than many of the movies Marvel themselves have churned out over the past few years.

It's excellent, the advance blu-ray has also just been released as it goes on sale in about 3 weeks. My favourite part has to be when Spider-Gwen is introduced, which comes with a killer song too...

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
I usually have no idea what to do in those situations. I get horribly, terribly nervous and yet suddenly have to fight the desire to do an impromptu long reaching research book of questions.
I'm just glad to meet folks, and the autograph/photo ops aren't what I'm interested in. Personally its more of a matter of expressing one's honest gratitude and thanks.
I haven't met a Bond, and it absolutely kills me to this day that I never met Sir Roger if only to say thank you. The only EON connected person I did meet was Shirley Eaton at a book signing who was tremendously nice. A friend was at a con and very graciously got me Richard Kiel's autograph which I treasure.

To be honest, I'd really love to work with each of the Bonds in some way-I don't think that any of the original five have ever been properly appreciated.

I think today I'd most like to meet Michael G. Wilson. And after the hero worshiping..then ask for a job. Any job. At least let me reinstate the old Hamilton-Mankiewicz snakepit room so I could actually try my darnedest to bring fresh relevant ideas back in.

I haven't either but would love to. Came close to meeting Brosnan twice when he was in Melbs. Came close to working with him, actually. I think Lazenby and Brosnan would be the two easiest to meet.

I'd say Connery has been appreciated the most outside of Bond. He has quite the impressive resume.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Well, here I am with said actor types -

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 52788194_10156199005017615_7295271233820557312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 52577829_10156199004947615_5232134236638543872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

The Lego Movie 2 - everything is (mostly) still awesome. An (unsurprisingly) bright, funny and cheerful sequel.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Nice, Blunty, very nice. Makes me wish I had asked Lazenby to personalise my picture but it was enough to have it signed "George Lazenby-007".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Cheers, Hilly ... also had pics with/got autographs of Paul Jerricho ('Castellan' in the Davison-era Who stories Arc Of Infinity and The Five Doctors) and Ingrid Oliver ('Osgood' in Doctor Who in more recent years).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Nice BI! I like how you have kept the shirt with the photos. No washing Caroline Munro away! colgate
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 am

Fantastic! Agreed on the shirt, I likely would have kept it as a memento as well.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 11:59 am

Hehehe, the con pics and the pics of them balanced on my lap were taken on the same Saturday hence the shirt still being on me in the latter. Am not a exactly a multiple outfit-wearer at weekends.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 2:51 pm

Caught this movie composer docu on iPlayer over the weekend, very interesting - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Score_(2016_film)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 10:12 am

The Relic - think the last time I saw this 90s 'creature feature' was 20+ years ago on VHS, and I was happy to stumble across it on the iPlayer last night when scheduled TV was shit. Basically a fun romp of a B-movie with a better budget than usual (and some pretty icky gore). Where-are-they-now?-file residents Tom Sizemore and Penelope Ann Miller star, along with Linda Hunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next