More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

South Africa - one of B23 locales?

Go down 
+11
CJB
Largo's Shark
tiffanywint
James. C
Seve
GeneralGogol
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
colly
danslittlefinger
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

South Africa - one of B23 locales? Empty
PostSubject: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 pm

According to other places, South Africa maybe one of the locales scouted by Mendes and Babs Broccoli.

Various twitters mentioning and thanks to @PanchitoPistoles:

"Virgin flight was fantastic Sat next to Sam mendes
what a lovely bloke and Barbara broccoli James bond owner Can't wait for next film"

"Sam Mendes told me without ego that he was off
to prep the new James Bond. Had a flashback of us playing £3 limit poker at Sam West's"

I think we can deduce as much that parts South Africa, possibly Jo'burg(?) (mentioned in another Twitter) are being scouted right now.

Doesn't take much to figure : Mendes+Broccoli >S Africa = Scouting.

Thinks are moving along. :cheers:

Although mentioned here as one of the popular choices for locales by members:
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t317-possible-locations-for-bond-shots-and-settings
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:45 am

I accidentally erased Aural Sects post: My apologies, I pressed the wrong button.:oops: tis what happens when one posts by candlelight after stealing a leopard.

Aural Sects posted:
SA can definitely work. I was surprised to learn that The Last House On The Left (2009) was filmed there....who would have thought Cape Town would have been used as Anytown, USA? I think the recent (albeit awful) Prisoner series also had scenes shot there.

My response:
Craig's 'Flashbacks' was filmed primarily there, outside Cape Town, so he is at least familiar with some of the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:19 am

If i remember correctly, South Africa was commonly mentioned as a possible location for both of Craig's previous films.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:27 pm

"tis what happens when one posts by candlelight after stealing a leopard"

Forgive me, but I sometimes find the British sense of humor a bit difficult to follow.

:scratch:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:47 pm

I know RSA very well. They're tough people and would wipe the floor with nu-Bond.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Stilicho Bias wrote:
"tis what happens when one posts by candlelight after stealing a leopard"

Forgive me, but I sometimes find the British sense of humor a bit difficult to follow.

:scratch:

It was for Mrs Aural Sects, I accidentally erased the post and apologized to her by using a Duran Duran reference.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Aaaaah! Duran Duran! That explains it.

Any idea what the hell stealing a leopard by candlelight is supposed to mean?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Did the DAF novel have parts set in South Africa?

Either way depending on how they use it, it could be a decent location.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:12 pm

The beginning (and end) of the diamond pipeline was located somewhere in southern or western Africa, but I don't recall exactly where. May well have been South Africa.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Stilicho Bias wrote:
The beginning (and end) of the diamond pipeline was located somewhere in southern or western Africa, but I don't recall exactly where. May well have been South Africa.

I think for a brief moment Kidd and Wint were there.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:41 pm

danslittlefinger wrote:
Stilicho Bias wrote:

In the novel they did not appear in Africa. Bond killed them aboard the Queen Mary.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Stilicho Bias wrote:
danslittlefinger wrote:
Stilicho Bias wrote:

In the novel they did not appear in Africa. Bond killed them aboard the Queen Mary.

I think it's at the end Africa appears with Bond present when the pipeline is stopped. Or similar. Been a while since I delved into the novel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:32 pm

I think South Africa would make a gorgeous location for a Bond film. I remember reading that it was considered as a location for CR.

The closest thing to a South African set Bond film we have so far is Peter Hunt's 1974 adventure film Gold with Roger Moore-

In addition to Messrs. Moore and Hunt, many other Bond vets worked on it including Bernard Horsfall, John Glen, Nadim Sawalha, Maurice Binder, and others.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Hey, thanks, PKK! I didn't know they had entire films on youtube, not to mention ones starring Roger Moore. I'm definitely going to give that a viewing!
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:52 am

South Africa could provide some stunning locations... although I'm not sure I would include Jo'burg among them (?)
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:59 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
Hey, thanks, PKK! I didn't know they had entire films on youtube, not to mention ones starring Roger Moore. I'm definitely going to give that a viewing!

You're welcome, GG! :D

Sadly, the print they used isn't the best since I believe it has fallen in the public domain. It's also in pan-and-scan instead of letterboxed. But for free on youtube, it's well worth a look.

I give the film *** out of ****.
Back to top Go down
James. C
Cipher Clerk
James. C

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:38 am

Seve, I appreciate your location. Watch out for Tempest and friends. ;)
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:31 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/made-south-africa-184676

"Even James Bond has his eye on the region. "We are excited that the new James Bond film is considering locations in South and Southern Africa," local producer Anant Singh says. "Film people love to work in our country."

http://www.bond23.net/020110507/local-producer-excited-to-have-bond-23-considering-shooting-in-southern-and-south-africa/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+007NewsAndRumors+%28007+News+and+Rumors+from+the+new+James+Bond+movie%29&utm_content=Twitter

Although this is far from a stone chiseled source, perhaps people “on the ground” know a little more than they are letting on. This is the first mention of possible locations outside the borders of The Republic of South Africa – could this mean that Bond 23 producers are eyeing up more than one location on the African continent?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Hmmm. Zimbabwe? Lesotho? Mozambique? Angola? Zambia? Zaire?

Lots of Zs in that lot, BTW.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:28 am

Good to know B23 is moving along. Africa. Maybe Bond can face off with some wild animals and make amends for the Rog's Tarzan tree-swinging, tiger-taming, jungle adventures in OP.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:21 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Hmmm. Zimbabwe? Lesotho? Mozambique? Angola? Zambia? Zaire?

Lots of Zs in that lot, BTW.

:sleep:

Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:58 am

NuBond on a UNICEF mission in Africa, eh? It will be positively heart-warming. Perhaps one scene will have blondie-Bondie looking across at a sea of refugees and tents, sighing and shaking his head, muttering "If only they had oil here. Then we'd care." Cut to sombre credits.

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:06 am

CJB wrote:
NuBond on a UNICEF mission in Africa, eh? It will be positively heart-warming. Perhaps one scene will have blondie-Bondie looking across at a sea of refugees and tents, sighing and shaking his head, muttering "If only they had oil here. Then we'd care." Cut to sombre credits.

Is Haggis wrtiing this film too? :scratch: Damn. Just when I thought it was safe to go back to the Bond movies.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: w   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:44 pm

CJB wrote:

Heh heh. How well you know the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:35 pm

CJB wrote:

aren't you forgetting Nigeria?

or he can always head South to the gold fields and diamond mines

the main thing is that anywhere you go in Africa there will be a convenient dictator close to hand, to play the villain or lend you his spare Mercedes to get from location to location

laugh

PS I'd like to see Bond visit Zanzibar, that's always been a name to conjur with for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Africa - one of B23 locales?   South Africa - one of B23 locales? Empty

Back to top Go down

South Africa - one of B23 locales?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next