More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+22
silvertoe
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Xenia93
You don’t know me
Sarai
BamesJond
OO7
Makeshift Python
Perilagu Khan
Vesper
Strangways&Quarrel
Control
hegottheboot
Professor Train
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
Perfect_Spy
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
bitchcraft
CJB
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Sarai wrote:

I just got finished watching The World Is Not Enough and it just get's better each time. You could really make an argument for Elektra King being the best villain in the entire series too in terms of depth. I love her, I hate her, I feel sorry for her, she enrages me...she puts the viewers emotions through the wringer as much as she does Bonds. She is so good I can't even keep a constant feeling or emotions towards her. That whole movie is brilliant, lacks nothing and the plot couldn't be anymore relevant today just like TND. When you really think about those first three movies of Brosnans I can see why people get annoyed he wasn't brought back and it makes it so I can just enjoy DAD  more as a popcorn movie and just go with it.

Essentially how I feel about Elektra. She's one of, if not the most, dynamic character in the series.

Sarai wrote:
I don't see any shortcomings in her character [Mary Goodnight]. I see just see her there to be simply delightful,wonderful and make the heart swoon which she is perfect at. That laugh when she first pulls up after he get's snarky about the Green Rolls Royce is heavenly. I've never seen a more charming performance and while I know I am in a serious minority she is still my favorite Bond girl.

She's a ditz and really not competent as a spy. But Ekland does a decent job in portraying the scatterbrain.

Sidenote: who remembers Fae ranting about how much she despised Goodnight? Those were the days! laugh

Sarai wrote:
Spectre

1/10 The one is for Monica Bellucci who is one of the most beautiful seductive women I have ever laid eyes on. The rest of the movie made me want to take a bath with the toaster. I might try to write a review at another time but honestly I am so exhausted from watching it I can barely keep my eyes open or type.

https://youtu.be/o-9FHGfenHs?t=2
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Hey I already sat through over 2.5 hours of that which is punishment enough I don't think there any need to rub it in. But OK, it's a horrible movie, I never should have watched it again, I was warned not to repeatedly and I did it anyways. You were right, I was wrong. Are you happy now?

laugh
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

The worst part of it is that I doubled down on my mistake and watched LTK again as my well so called thinking process was even that movie will seem good after Spectre.

just pure masochistic behavior on my part and I should have just used Sanchez whip on myself instead

never again with those 2 movies, that's it...I have learned my lesson
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Live and Let Die

I am all about the Roger these days.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 pm

"Moooah. Moooah Roger. Do it!"

Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 50_1280w
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Nice work Mr. Khan!  
 My girlfriend want's to watch all the Bond movies now as she has never seen them before so awesome excuse for a Bond A Thon.  Truth is I wanted to watch them all alone first as I know with her there are going to be A LOT of questions even in the first 5 minutes or so.lol  she's not exactly the quiet Zen type but will still be tons of fun intruding someone to it all

I hope you all are doing well   :) xo
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks, Sarai. I'm doing OK.

It'll be great watching the Bonds with somebody who will enjoy them. I've never really been able to do that. The Khantessa likes some of them, but there's no way she'd sit still for a complete Bond-a-thon.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 am

"The Khantessa"
 that is so cute!

And thank you I am really looking forward to it. I think it's a bit easier with Chan as we don't have TV in the house so movies are kind of a special thing and she doesn't have a ton to compare it to. Just the cars, action, girls, and coolness factor should be enough for her to really enjoy them. Her personality is...well..OK basically Mary Goodnight which is what I call her now so she is rather curious about that too. haha
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 2:06 am

If you don't have boob toob, in what format will you watch them? Your computer? Forgive me, but technology was never my strong suit...
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 6:21 am

That was my fault as I should have worded it better. We do have two flat screens, one in the living room and one in the bedroom just no cable or anything of the sort. I hook my laptop up to them and watch everything that way. It has a stereo connected to it but I am rather technologically challenged myself and wasn't the one who assembled any of it. I don't even own a cell phone and can't stand the them. I'm not anti technology I just hate the idea of anyone being able to text and/ or call me anytime and if they know you have one they will. I don't know how people do that. I live two hours from the nearest city too so if anyone wants to contact me they have to drive that far then about 20 minutes down old side roads in the middle of the woods. lol
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 11:52 am

SPECTRE - I was at a loose end yesterday afternoon and it was amongst the 'Suggested Recordings' on my Tivo box, and thought 'Eh, why not?'. What can I say, on a lazy Sunday being able to play it with a couple of button-presses without leaving the couch as opposed to standing up and walking over to the shelf, lifting the Blu-Ray boxset off the shelf, taking the disc out etc. appealed.

'Brofeld' was not a good angle to take for the character's re-introduction, and Waltz's lack of menace (even when he's drilling into Bond's head) will need work if he is returning (a late-middle-aged man not wearing socks isn't threatening, it's a midlife crisis). Also, Madeleine being allowed to simply wander off on her own in London is ... odd. But I'm fine with the rest of it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Sarai wrote:
Hey I already sat through over 2.5 hours of that which is punishment enough I don't think there any need to rub it in. But OK, it's a horrible movie, I never should have watched it again, I was warned not to repeatedly and I did it anyways. You were right, I was wrong. Are you happy now?

laugh

Not until I put you across my knee.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Sarai wrote:
That was my fault as I should have worded it better. We do have two flat screens, one in the living room and one in the bedroom just no cable or anything of the sort. I hook my laptop up to them and watch everything that way. It has a stereo connected to it but I am rather technologically challenged myself and wasn't the one who assembled any of it. I don't even own a cell phone and can't stand the them. I'm not anti technology I just hate the idea of anyone being able to text and/ or call me anytime and if they know you have one they will. I don't know how people do that. I live two hours from the nearest city too so if anyone wants to contact me they have to drive that far then about 20 minutes down old side roads in the middle of the woods. lol

Sounds like you've got a pretty good set-up. I just watch everything on DVD, paleo-Bond fan style.

And it also sounds like we're birds of a feather when it comes to sail foams. I despise them with a passion and resisted getting one until a few years ago when one of my jobs essentially mandated that I own one. So I've got a cell phone but use it as little as possible, which is deucedly little indeed. I work on a university campus, and it is frankly depressing to watch all of those kolledge kidz walking around entirely entranced by their digital Svengalis. A bunch of dam' cyber-drones is what they are, the poor bastards.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:26 pm

" I work on a university campus, and it is frankly depressing to watch all of those kolledge kidz walking around entirely entranced by their digital Svengalis. A bunch of dam' cyber-drones is what they are, the poor bastards."
 lol
 That's how I view it all,it's pathetic but at least it's a University so you expect it. I work with bikers, real bikers, Outlaws, criminals, in and out of jail, tat's from head to toe, beards,guns, hogs...the whole deal.  I mean I can't get through a single night of work without an additional 20-50 plus rolling up on the place and they are just so unbearably loud and obnoxious. And do you know what these big tough guys do all day or night once they get here? That's right they are on their little phones or Ipads the entire time..I swear they never put them down. They are on them more than a preteen girl. All I can think is what are they doing?? Playing Pokemon? updating their facebook and twitter statuses?  like go shank someone or better yet each other what about a good old fashioned rumble or turf war? are those not in anymore? go harass and terrorize people like in Mad Max, I don't care just leave me alone  but no, they are too busy texting and playing on the net all night. big tough guys, "enforcers"...they talk so tough at all times too I swear I am going to buy them all cute little pink purses to put their phones in.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Oh and don't ask me why I work here. I dunno I must be masochistic which Mr. Kiss Kiss Spank Spank picked up on in his last post
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
SPECTRE - I was at a loose end yesterday afternoon and it was amongst the 'Suggested Recordings' on my Tivo box, and thought 'Eh, why not?'. What can I say, on a lazy Sunday being able to play it with a couple of button-presses without leaving the couch as opposed to standing up and walking over to the shelf, lifting the Blu-Ray boxset off the shelf, taking the disc out etc. appealed.

'Brofeld' was not a good angle to take for the character's re-introduction, and Waltz's lack of menace (even when he's drilling into Bond's head) will need work if he is returning (a late-middle-aged man not wearing socks isn't threatening, it's a midlife crisis). Also, Madeleine being allowed to simply wander off on her own in London is ... odd. But I'm fine with the rest of it.

I don't know what my problem with this one is apart from the Brofeld which we all seem to hate. It's an odd film experience in that I can't seem to connect to it on any level despite liking the other Craig films. sure I could pick it apart non stop but you can do that with any movie and that wasn't my problem
it was no one particular scene
I just couldn't connect, not visually, not emotionally not in any way
it felt like when you have the flu really bad and just can't feel anything ...like really sterile ..strange experience
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Sarai wrote:
" I work on a university campus, and it is frankly depressing to watch all of those kolledge kidz walking around entirely entranced by their digital Svengalis. A bunch of dam' cyber-drones is what they are, the poor bastards."
 lol
 That's how I view it all,it's pathetic but at least it's a University so you expect it. I work with bikers, real bikers, Outlaws, criminals, in and out of jail, tat's from head to toe, beards,guns, hogs...the whole deal.  I mean I can't get through a single night of work without an additional 20-50 plus rolling up on the place and they are just so unbearably loud and obnoxious. And do you know what these big tough guys do all day or night once they get here? That's right they are on their little phones or Ipads the entire time..I swear they never put them down. They are on them more than a preteen girl. All I can think is what are they doing?? Playing Pokemon? updating their facebook and twitter statuses?  like go shank someone or better yet each other what about a good old fashioned rumble or turf war? are those not in anymore? go harass and terrorize people like in Mad Max, I don't care just leave me alone  but no, they are too busy texting and playing on the net all night. big tough guys, "enforcers"...they talk so tough at all times too I swear I am going to buy them all cute little pink purses to put their phones in.

Good grief. You work in some kind of roadhouse or honky tonk? Sounds like the ruddy Barrelhead Bar from LTK. I hope you've got your trusty swordfish near to hand in case Dario darkens your door.

But, yeah, the sail foam plague is a pandemic. Seems like hardly anybody's immune. People are so lame.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 9:32 pm

Sarai wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

I don't know what my problem with this one is apart from the Brofeld which we all seem to hate. It's an odd film experience in that I can't seem to connect to it on any level despite liking the other Craig films. sure I could pick it apart non stop but you can do that with any movie and that wasn't my problem
it felt like when you have the flu really bad and just can't feel anything ...like really sterile ..strange experience

I actually get what you're saying here. I've often said that SP has a Kubrickian iciness to it. The film has a remoteness and coldness that is unlike any other Bond film. Now I actually like SP reasonably well, but I can understand how it leaves some people cold, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 9:42 pm

[quote="Perilagu Khan"]
Sarai wrote:
 lol

Good grief. You work in some kind of roadhouse or honky tonk? Sounds like the ruddy Barrelhead Bar from LTK. I hope you've got your trusty swordfish near to hand in case Dario darkens your door.

lmao...I wish and Dario would be a refreshing character around here
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 9:46 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Sarai wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

I actually get what you're saying here. I've often said that SP has a Kubrickian iciness to it. The film has a remoteness and coldness that is unlike any other Bond film. Now I actually like SP reasonably well, but I can understand how it leaves some people cold, so to speak.

That's it, there isn't one scene I would really complain all that much about other than Brofeld. I should enjoy the rest or at least be able to enjoy the individual scenes but yes there is this weird iciness and I can't think of any other film that has done that to me, Bond or otherwise. very strange
I do like 23 out of 25 Bond films though so I am doing OK as I usually hate just about everything or am out quick in any series
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 12:00 am

Aside from Brofeld, it's the paper thin story, hilariously undercooked love story, padding to justify Fiennes, Harris and Whishaw's presence in the film, sterile score, uncharismatic and bored lead actor, action that is not thrilling and worse, characterises Bond as stupid... all culminating in the worst final act of any Bond film. I shouldn't want Bond films to end and I'm done with SPECTRE after Rome, if that.

Its sense of style, that ode to Kubrick if it really is there, is wasted when so much of the film fails on a structural level.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 1:08 am

I have watched other films with the same problems and still managed to like them or at least parts, but the difference was they compensated in some other way. The love story for example was brutal and no idea why I should care about her, him or what happens to them. Why does he fall so hard for her? To some degree the same criticism can be applied to OHMSS but I had no problem buying it due to the presence of Diana Rigg. Of course he loves her, so do I as a viewer and I can fill in the blanks with my imagination again due to it being Diana. Spectre never gave me that opportunity with it's dull cast.
 Then you have this huge plot potential if it being an Orwellian world coming into play but the movie and Bond himself always appear to be nowhere near that plot. Instead it just feels like Bond off doing things in random scenes.  I just watched it and am already having trouble remembering what happens. I would call the opening very mediocre, it's fine but it's hardly TWINE. Message from M, whatever.  Monica Bellucci...wonderful, amazing, beautiful but it was all downhill after her for me. The car chase was a huge yawn that went nowhere. The Illuminati meeting before that was worse and I found the eye gouging a lame attempt at shock and the henchman a bore. Then what? I forget something, something then off to see Mr. White and I felt the same boredom and didn't care about him one way or another and the same with his daughter. The search for the american or whatever turned out to be a big nothing. I still don't know why the car picked them up when they got off the train. I am sure there is a simple explanation that won't improve anything. Blofeld was a joke and not the least bit menacing ...more annoying than anything. and after that it just felt like it went on and on forever ...man, it felt like one long movie.  
"padding to justify Fiennes, Harris and Whishaw's presence in the film"
 Yep, spot on. 

and still I have seen much worse movies, messier screenplays and more inept direction and still managed to like something about it or could find the positive but not with Spectre so it's unique to me in that way
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 8:40 am

Actually, there's a thing re the eye-gouging... if you're going to show us that Hinx has titanium thumbnails, then have him at least attempt to use them on Bond later. It's like Jaws biting/attempting to bite everybody APART from Bond.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Aside from Brofeld, it's the paper thin story, hilariously undercooked love story, padding to justify Fiennes, Harris and Whishaw's presence in the film, sterile score, uncharismatic and bored lead actor, action that is not thrilling and worse, characterises Bond as stupid... all culminating in the worst final act of any Bond film. I shouldn't want Bond films to end and I'm done with SPECTRE after Rome, if that.

Honestly, outside of the anodyne score and the underwhelming London coda, I don't see any of that. Certainly those alleged flaws are no worse than they are in many other Bond films. The problem with SP is that it simply doesn't have enough plot to sustain a full-length picture, so the creators shameless mined previously used Bond material. In other words, the film is derivative rather than original.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 5:14 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Actually, there's a thing re the eye-gouging... if you're going to show us that Hinx has titanium thumbnails, then have him at least attempt to use them on Bond later. It's like Jaws biting/attempting to bite everybody APART from Bond.  

I thought the gouging scene and the drill torture were overly grotesque for a Bond film. Bond films should not be slashers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched.
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next