More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+14
silvertoe
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Morland_Specials
Gravity's Silhouette
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Salomé
Santa
bitchcraft
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:05 am

No, haven't seen the remake.

In The Earth - the latest from Ben Wheatley, a freaky-deaky psychedelia-tinged folk-horror that is unsettling almost from the off. Might be too heady a brew for some, but I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 10:52 am

Freaky - 'body-swap' comedy horror that is reasonably amusing with some quite inventive 'kills' that unfortunately goes on to botch things somewhat with an illogical ending seemingly tacked-on in order to tiresomely hammer home an 'empowerment' message.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 12:07 am

The Object of Beauty.

Fun film with a great score. And Andie MacDowell... I'll see you in Blades.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 11:07 am

Black Widow - an origin movie for an MCU character who we know is now dead was always going to be a fairly low-stakes affair. So it proves, but this is still fairly enjoyable regardless.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 11:31 pm

Good to read MR lives on in Black Widow!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:51 am

Oops, can't believe I forgot to mention that bit ... yes, she is seen at one stage watching it on a laptop and knows it well enough to 'quotealong' while doing so smile .
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:59 am

A woman of good taste
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 11:54 am

Riders Of Justice - take some revenge drama, a lot of tarmac-black comedy and a touch of action, mix and you've got this very good Danish movie. Mads Mikkelsen heads the cast, who are all excellent.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 11:14 am

Cold Pursuit - when Colorado snowplough driver Nels Coxman's (Liam Neeson) son is killed by a drug cartel, he goes after those responsible. 'Looser', more leisurely and with more humour than the usual Neeson 'a man's gotta do' flick.

Road House - it's the OTHER '89 Michael Kamen-scored flick with somebody called Dalton in it! Bar brawls, booze, boobies 'n' blood abound as 'best in the business' bouncer Patrick Swayze is hired to clean up the 'Double Deuce' bar. Perfect 'brain off and beer' blokey Saturday night entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 10:10 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Freaky - 'body-swap' comedy horror that is reasonably amusing with some quite inventive 'kills' that unfortunately goes on to botch things somewhat with an illogical ending seemingly tacked-on in order to tiresomely hammer home an 'empowerment' message.  

I just watched that not long ago thinking it was going to be a serious slasher flick. It caught me so off guard I found it hilarious. like Freaky Friday but slasher
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 10:26 am

It wasn't bad. But as mentioned, the ending bugged me.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 pm

well lads, yesterday I watched an old favourite

Went the Day Well?

It's 1942, Germany sends an advance group to lay the groundwork for invasion. Now, yes this is a propaganda piece but it's more than that as Simon Heffer and others have said.

I did my dissertation on the invasion threat and by 1942, the threat was so far receded it was a joke. By 1942, Hitler was entrenched in Russia. (He had said in '41 that once Russia was defeated, he would return to conquering Britain). The Americans were starting to come over to the UK and thus the balance of power was going to shift.

However, this presents the threat of 1940 so well that audiences surely quivered a little.

We get a prologue where Mervyn Johns says, well you might wonder what happened here and so on...and he does the epilogue too (of course we know Hitler's invasion failed, etc).

Now, on one level this is has a few stereotypes. The Fifth Columnist who is helping the Nazis. The leader of the German group, once revealed, being a harsh Germanic Nazi bastard, the Britishers instantly wanting to resist at any cost and so on but like In Which We Serve (same year), the type seems to fade once things get going. For a 1940s film it has a hefty blood count. At least half a dozen civilians die (the postmistresses is bayoneted to death, her young assistant is slapped about), of course all the Jerries do.

I am always struck by the lady of the manor's sacrifice. When we first meet her, we think she's this archetypal woman of the upper class and yet she has this strong courage. When a grenade sails in through the window amidst the children, she plucks it up and lunges out the door, bare seconds later there's a violent explosion.

Yes, this film serves a propaganda purpose but it also represents a Britain long since gone and never to be again.

It's worth a look if you're interested, only 90mins long. And it was remastered as part of the Ealing range.

The one critique is that once the British Army turn up to take on Jerry, it's hard to tell the two apart as the Germans are of course wearing British uniforms as part of their disguise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:27 am

Night Train to Munich.
My goodness I forgot how classic this was. Carol Reed plus quasi followup to THE LADY VANISHES from the same writers plus about I'd say 900000000000% inspiration for Fleming in writing FRWL. This is a classic must see for spy thrillers which has a touch of the adventure fantasy creeping into spots. The finale is on a cable car which has inspired many things including Where Eagles Dare.

I was charmed watching it on the old Roan Group Laserdisc release sourced from a release print with cue changeovers instead of the pretty Criterion Blu-ray I still need.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 11:27 am

Boys From County Hell ... Northern Irish (yay!) horror-comedy in which the residents of a small country town discover that the local legend about a vampiric creature being contained under a cairn (stone pile) in a field (they tell tourists that Bram Stoker visited the town back in the day and ripped off the legend as the basis for Dracula) isn't a legend after all when the cairn is pulled down to make way for a bypass road and the creature is unleashed.

A hoot, with a nice balance between gore and chuckles.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 7:22 pm

The Graduate

Khan isn't allowed to pick movie night anymore.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 8:37 pm

I predict you'll warm up to The Graduate much as you did to LTK. They're very similar films, dontchaknow...

-------

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=3992
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40