More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.

Go down 
+4
Salomé
Strangways&Quarrel
Sarai
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:45 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Marvel flicks are fun escapist entertainment. God forbid that the masses might just prefer them to the likes of Scorsese's Silence, which sounded dreary as fuck to be perfectly honest.  

I watched Winter Soldier over the holidays with my little cousins and enjoyed it. It goes well beyond fluff too in terms of plot so I'm going to watch a few more and see where they went with all of this. Kevin Feige in general has done a really good job with this franchise and I hear he is going to take on Star Wars next so hopefully he can improve the product.

I'm not sure what is going on with the DCEU but it must be making their producers heads spin. The big outings like Superman v Batman were ripped to shreds by critics and fans, Justice League did even worse yet Aquaman became a massive hit.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Yeah, read more than a few comments about Winter Soldier saying it was appropriate that Redford was in it because the conspiracy thriller plot elements reflected the sort of thing he appeared in during the 70s.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 1:05 pm

Sarai wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
Marvel flicks are fun escapist entertainment. God forbid that the masses might just prefer them to the likes of Scorsese's Silence, which sounded dreary as fuck to be perfectly honest.  

I watched Winter Soldier over the holidays with my little cousins and enjoyed it. It goes well beyond fluff too in terms of plot so I'm going to watch a few more and see where they went with all of this. Kevin Feige in general has done a really good job with this franchise and I hear he is going to take on Star Wars next so hopefully he can improve the product.

I'm not sure what is going on with the DCEU but it must be making their producers heads spin. The big outings like Superman v Batman were ripped to shreds by critics and fans, Justice League did even worse yet Aquaman became a massive hit.

Not sure of the extent of Amber Heard's involvement in Aquaman but here's hoping her lies and history of domestic violence ends her and that film as well.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 7:21 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Sarai wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

Not sure of the extent of Amber Heard's involvement in Aquaman but here's hoping her lies and history of domestic violence ends her and that film as well.

She was the female lead in the film and it's already DC's biggest box office success with a sequel planned. The why is the confusing part considering how bad the rest of their movies have done with the exception of Wonder Woman. It's 2.5 hours long, has sort of an 80's retro feel in ways even including Dolph Lundgren in the cast and a bad CGI mess. it's just a drag really
The tone is very confusing in the DCEU as well. The last one I watched was Shazam and it's impossible to imagine that character in the universe that includes Man of Steel and the other Zack Snyder films that seem to be going for a darker, more realistic type plots.

As for the lies and domestic violence I will have to hit google on that one. I watch very few Hollywood stars and deliberately avoid looking into them for the most part.

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 7:45 am

ohhhhhh, she was married to Johnny Depp lol

I'm laughing already. buy the ticket, take the ride

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 pm

She accused him of abuse and everyone jumped on the bandwagon but he's since bounced back with evidence that she was the one abusing him, with 87 surveillance videos, doctors' reports and photos, including one of his fingers that she severed that needed to be stitched together again. Not to mention she assaulted her ex-girlfriend years before Depp.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Quentin Tarantino said he's fighting 'a war for movies' against Marvel, 'Star Wars,' and James Bond

https://www.insider.com/quentin-tarantino-war-for-movies-marvel-star-wars-james-bond-2020-1
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 10:34 pm

Well, there wasn't a James Bond film that was released last year, so he is either being two things: either petty, which I don't think he is because his other arguments are sound. Or he is being prophetic, because he realises that no Bond movie is better than what NTTD will be.

tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.   Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Martin Scorsese: Marvel films are cinema. They're theme parks.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2