More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff

Go down 
+7
Sarai
Morland_Specials
Strangways&Quarrel
bitchcraft
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 9:10 am

Could be entitled White Christmas...

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Ironically enough I think female characters of old Hollywood had it better then than today. Blanche Dubois, Eve Harrington, Sophie Zawistowski, Scarlett O'Hara, Mrs Robinson, Diana Christensen... even classic Bond girls like Pussy Galore, Fiona Volpe, Tanya Romanova and Tracy Bond are strong, complex characters. Now, as long as there's some element of vengeance involved and they can handle themselves in a fight scene, they're suddenly "interesting". Nicole Kidman as Becca in Rabbit Hole is far more interesting than many of the "strong" female characters in action movies today.

The problem is Hollywood wants women to be men, and no rational human being wants or believes that to be possible.

Indeed. The bigger problem being there aren't many rational people around.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 9:50 am

laugh

Turning the colour of the pictured vest-top from khaki to Bukkhaki?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
She'd definitely be coming more than once a year. As it were.

Ho ho! (...as the poster known as St. George used to say...)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Ironically enough I think female characters of old Hollywood had it better then than today. Blanche Dubois, Eve Harrington, Sophie Zawistowski, Scarlett O'Hara, Mrs Robinson, Diana Christensen... even classic Bond girls like Pussy Galore, Fiona Volpe, Tanya Romanova and Tracy Bond are strong, complex characters. Now, as long as there's some element of vengeance involved and they can handle themselves in a fight scene, they're suddenly "interesting". Nicole Kidman as Becca in Rabbit Hole is far more interesting than many of the "strong" female characters in action movies today.

The problem is Hollywood wants women to be men, and no rational human being wants or believes that to be possible.

Indeed. The bigger problem being there aren't many rational people around.

Especially true of Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

laugh

Turning the colour of the pictured vest-top from khaki to Bukkhaki?    

laugh
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 1:27 pm

I'm, uh...just going to slowly back out of this thread..... laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 2:57 pm

laugh

It degenerated into smut pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
laugh

It degenerated into smut pretty quickly.  

I think that should be the tagline for this forum, to be fair. rimshot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 11:17 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 am

Sarai wrote:
Paulette Goddard in Modern Times has to be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen on screen. I just wanted to keep her.
She is so exquisitely photographed and vital in that film that you can understand why Chaplin married her! I immediately started to seek out anything else she appeared in. She was in the running for GWTW as well.

I adore actresses from the classic era-even in bit parts because they just seem so vital and alive. Plus they were lit and directed by true craftsmen. As a kid I saw many of the greats relatively early on and after that it was game over for most anyone else. Still have major crushes on most of them if I'm perfectly honest. Who wouldn't?

Tough gals today? No one today is tough. Tough is being the lead actress in a Hawks picture or being able to go toe to toe with Cagney and hold your ground or being one of the great Noir fatales. Or just being so damn funny and screwball that no one can keep up with you.

Hilly wrote:
This all gives me hope of two of my Bond spinoff idea. Kara's trek through music school many years before she met Bond in Living Daylights. I mean, can't be as bad as this idea.
ROTFLMAO This is the BEST bad idea!
Me and My Strat: At Least We'll Be TogeDER
You Pretended to Love Me: A Girl and Her Music
A Milovy in the Conservatory
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 am

Moneypenny Diaries book 1 is exceptional. They can skip the film as it will likely be a dumb and boring version of the abandoned Jinx film.
I still need to get the other books but they are UK only darn it!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Hilly wrote:
gottheboot"
[quote="Hilly"]This all gives me hope of two of my Bond spinoff idea. Kara's trek through music school many years before she met Bond in Living Daylights. I mean, can't be as bad as this idea.
ROTFLMAO This is the BEST bad idea!
Me and My Strat: At Least We'll Be TogeDER
You Pretended to Love Me: A Girl and Her Music
A Milovy in the Conservatory

I'm also working on Tracy's schooldays. Sort of coming of age stuff. Or the story of the Swiss chap who woke up one morning and realised Bond had finished off the dog's whisky.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 12:59 pm

If we're doing all that I'm sure there's an origin story for Plenty O'Toole there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 1:26 pm

A stirring tale of spectacular cleavages, well-hung fathers and pool-plummets.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 3:15 am

A CIA Plant at NASA: The Goodhead Story

Honeychile: Nature Girl!
Daydreams in a Cipher Machine
Of course there's all the GF jokes: Airborne Pussy, Pussy Takes Flight, Pussy on the Wing etc.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 8:40 am

What about a docu on the MR double-taking pigeon?

'I was young and needed the money for birdseed'.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
What about a docu on the MR double-taking pigeon?

'I was young and needed the money for birdseed'.

laugh I would watch that.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 am

The Devilish Angel: The Fiona Volpe Story "The woman all men want to be murdered by!"
The Kept Woman
Paula the Assistant Sacrificial Lamb
Very Sexiful: The Story of a Spa Attendant
Those Girls: And Many Others Just Like Them
A Ruby Amongst the Chickens
Young Bunt
Vegas A' Plenty
The Dragon Lady
Mrs. Caruso Was Married!
Solitaire Learns to Play
Andrea Becomes Kept
Goodnight Gets Lost
Private XXX: The Early Years
Educating Corrine
Melina Gets Her Bow
Bibi's Conquests
Octopussy Rises
Stacey Sutton: Ace Geologist
Lupe Lamora: Pageant Queen
Girl Meets Kevlar: The Young Pam Story
Working on the Guidance Systems: A Girl and Programming in Russia
The Baron and the Lady: the whirlwind romance of a power mad empire builder and a girl who likes to read obituaries
As the Spoke Turns: Running a bicycle shop and being a spy
All the Jokes: A Girl Physicist Named Christmas
Oil In My Veins: A Girl and an Oil Empire
Jinxed Annoyance
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 11:01 am

hegottheboot wrote:

Now there's a potentially misleading title if ever I saw one laugh .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:48 pm

hegottheboot wrote:

Young Bunt

a thousand times yes.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 11:14 am

Tagline - 'See her before she resembled 'the baggy and swollen parts of a sail' '.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 2:30 am

A sprawling tale of the vivacious Bunt in her youth amidst the 20's explosion of culture in Berlin.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 am

hegottheboot wrote:
The Devilish Angel: The Fiona Volpe Story "The woman all men want to be murdered by!"
The Kept Woman
Paula the Assistant Sacrificial Lamb
Very Sexiful: The Story of a Spa Attendant
Those Girls: And Many Others Just Like Them
A Ruby Amongst the Chickens
Young Bunt
Vegas A' Plenty
The Dragon Lady
Mrs. Caruso Was Married!
Solitaire Learns to Play
Andrea Becomes Kept
Goodnight Gets Lost
Educating Corrine
Melina Gets Her Bow
Bibi's Conquests
Octopussy Rises
Stacey Sutton: Ace Geologist
Lupe Lamora: Pageant Queen
Girl Meets Kevlar: The Young Pam Story
Working on the Guidance Systems: A Girl and Programming in Russia
The Baron and the Lady: the whirlwind romance of a power mad empire builder and a girl who likes to read obituaries
As the Spoke Turns: Running a bicycle shop and being a spy
All the Jokes: A Girl Physicist Named Christmas
Oil In My Veins: A Girl and an Oil Empire
Jinxed Annoyance

laugh that's awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff   Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Naomie Harris, Barry Jenkins approach Babs for a Moneypenny spinoff
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2