More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? Empty
PostSubject: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 am

I know when picking the best Bong girl, it's normal for people to say you have to pick one that added a lot of emotional depth to the story, like Tracy or Vesper, and even though I am close on those ones, I can't help but feel that perhaps Xenia is the most entertaining, even if she is not there for emotional depth. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 10:15 am

She's great, very entertaining. And (apart from Bond joking with Vesper in CR that her cover name is 'Stephanie Broadchest'), she's the series' last Bond girl with a direct sexual innuendo in her name so there's maybe a nostalgia factor too.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 am

I love Xenia Onatopp, she's a riot. For some reason, though, I don't see her as a Bond girl. Maybe because she never sleeps with Bond. She's certainly high up on my henchmen list. Probably in the top 3 behind May Day and Red Grant.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 5:56 pm

If nothing else, her death may be the best in all of Bond. At least, until we see Bond bury some poor slob in bird guano.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Maybe Dr. Safin No !
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
I love Xenia Onatopp, she's a riot. For some reason, though, I don't see her as a Bond girl. Maybe because she never sleeps with Bond. She's certainly high up on my henchmen list. Probably in the top 3 behind May Day and Red Grant.

She would definitely be my favorite Henchwoman, but whenever you look at Bond girl list rankings, she is always on those lists, unless the people who make the lists, have it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:49 pm

If they're written by those who put CR06 near/at the top, they most certainly have it wrong.

When it comes to rankings, IP, as has been said countless times, there are no hard and fast rules to get it right. It's whatever works for you.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:54 am

Oh okay thanks.  I guess I still like to here other people's opinions on how they choose.  When it comes to picking Bond girls, do you choose based on libido, or based on character development?  I was watching the Siskel and Ebert episode where they chose the best Bond girl and Ebert says "i'll think I'll function as a critic, instead of a libido", and he says this to Siskel after Siskel chooses based on libido.  He says it at 6:55 into the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4IbNtjJCBU

So do you choose as a critic, or based on libido?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:15 am

A bit of both. I think Natalya, Tracy and Elektra, for example, are very strong characters and drop dead gorgeous (maybe Diana Rigg a little less so), hence why they're in my top 5.

I'm also a fan of Stacey Sutton, but perhaps that's my libido talking.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 2:51 am

Xenia is definitely in the henchman camp but despite my adoration for her delicious bloodlust that crown will always be Fiona's.

I find many of the actresses of the original series absolutely stunning but that always comes a far second to personality or character.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 12:50 pm

I consider Fiona to be a Bond girl, again I think because she actually had sex with Bond. This rule breaks only with May Day, who I feel was less interested in sleeping with him but to dominate him for Zorin's sake.

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Any actress who appears in a Bond film is a Bond girl, IMO. Even Lotte Lenya and Ilsa Steppet.

yes
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:00 pm

I can't subscribe to that. Sexiness and sex is what first comes to mind when thinking of what makes a Bond girl, and Klebb, Bunt and Dench's M just don't that for me. tongue  

That said, Lenya and Steppat were something back in the day.

Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? Lotte-Lenya.jpg-6111

Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? Thumbnail-by-url.json?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmuseum.zib.de%2Fsgml%2Feuimg

Steppat has shades of Rebecca Ferguson. Didn't realise she was only 52 when she passed.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 12:29 am

The ravages of age...especially before modern plastic surgery and health routines.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 12:30 am

Sex and sexiness are two different things. Are you saying a Bond girl must engage in sex or that she must simply be sexy? MayDay does the former, but hardly qualifies by the latter.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 1:04 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Sex and sexiness are two different things. Are you saying a Bond girl must engage in sex or that she must simply be sexy? MayDay does the former, but hardly qualifies by the latter.

They are two very different things, and they should qualify on both scales to be considered a true Bond girl. As I said above, the sole exception to the rule is indeed May Day.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 1:50 am

I think the honorific Bond Girl refers to the role of the lead female character in each film, but that the "bad girls" that follow in Fiona's wake all fall into the henchwoman category. Of course most articles refer to all of them as Bond girls and if you've been an actress in any film you're also a Bond girl for life so there's that too.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 am

I can understand the difference between henchwoman and Bond girl to but see how they cross over there as well, with other opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?   Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Xenia Onatopp perhaps the best Bond girl of the entire series?
Page 1 of 1