More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  Empty
PostSubject: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:48 am

The movies have had 'product placement' (or whatever your preferred phrase might be) for many years now, so here's a thread for your favourite examples of this ... posters, TV ads etc. A bit of nostalgic fun, really.

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  277806_2

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  AjV9gFHDsIJri0XMh-cunYb2-KGxYvpOTURr6BwbO3R16OXjcugRRFyCzQ23I6S8M9_r8gfG_lBxsFwIP8GhtcmnRBGnf6KrkT1uU1pgNuf6lNg

A couple of TLD 'boozy' ones to get us started.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  Lf?set=path%5B1%2F3%2F7%2F7%2F9%2F13779965%5D%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  276394_9

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  Omega-25418000-ad-1996-04w600

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  007coke090908big

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  Ebovupvblfcvjgajqpmw

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  Belvedere-bond-spectre-excellent-choice

Sorry it's all pictures so far, I can't get onto YouTube at work.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Is there beer anywhere to be found in TLD? laugh

This thread just reminded me of those Brosnan-era Visa ads. Had more fun watching them than CR/QOS/SP.

Nice bit of Q and Christina Hendricks.

More danger than the OP tuk tuk chase. Music is great here too!

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 am

In the meeting at the fairground cafe between Bond and Saunders, a Carlsberg neon sign can be seen on the wall and the draught pump-handles for it are visible as they chat at the bar too I think.

Just read up on the '97 Visa ad ... seems it came about because they had product placement in TND, it must have been fairly unobtrusive as I don't recall it (unlike the lock-picking Visa card from TWINE).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:48 am

That tuk tuk ad was a classic!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 pm

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  34707851_2

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
In the meeting at the fairground cafe between Bond and Saunders, a Carlsberg neon sign can be seen on the wall and the draught pump-handles for it are visible as they chat at the bar too I think.

Just read up on the '97 Visa ad ... seems it came about because they had product placement in TND, it must have been fairly unobtrusive as I don't recall it (unlike the lock-picking Visa card from TWINE).    

Ah I see. Never paid any attention to it.

Yes, never noticed any Visa products in TND. Obvious places might be on signage at the newspaper stand at the airport, or perhaps something in Carver's safe, but can't say I've seen anything. I also very much like that card lock pick in TWINE.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 2:48 am

I adore these old styled promo tie in posters which were prevalent before all the onscreen junk.
I remember the articles about Buy Another Day and then in the modern junk where everyone onscreen was consistently on Sony phones and laptops for a while.

All the onscreen stuff was unobtrusive until the big ones started poking in around post GE. The Perrier truck was a gag since Pepsi refused.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:51 am

Pepsi refused, eh? Too much sex and violence for them, maybe laugh .
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 1:23 am

I think it was Pepsi-it may have been Coke-I just remember in the commentary IIRC MGW saying how the big name said no way and so they went to Perrier.

With GE I don't think many big name brands were as willing to jump onboard. BMW had the foresight to go for a multi picture deal and sold boatloads of Z3s. I once got to ride in the GE specific special edition model with a few 007 adornments which was really cool.
Then TND rolled around and several big names did major ad tie ins, primarily Visa and Heineken. Wish I had been able to snag on of the Bond+Wai Lin beer standees back in the day...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 10:58 am

Madonna was in a Pepsi commercial in the late 80s, then when they clapped eyes on the Like A Prayer video with the likes of its black Christ-like figure and burning crosses they shat themselves and promptly scrapped the campaign laugh .
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Madonna was in a Pepsi commercial in the late 80s

Thought she'd be more into Coke at that point...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 8:39 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 9:43 am

CJB wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
Madonna was in a Pepsi commercial in the late 80s

Thought she'd be more into Coke at that point...

lol
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  6MlA27TZFPxPFc0y4Pgl8ge-aKpKK71pS3oTFcjk8CBhS0goJeAmOsVhS17YJAk4MJO_qHZ7a_gNJ6qMLl8UbKeEfaT1i5LouGSpFeHN

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  H0472-L68598168

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  34707717_1
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 5:50 am

There's a bit in LTK where Bond uses a laserdisc drive attached to a computer to read data on a disc.

Was that actually a thing? It's such an odd use of tech, I can't find too much info on it.

http://starringthecomputer.com/feature.html?f=858
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 am

Yeah, even at the time I thought 'That's a bit of a waste of a laserdisc' laugh .

The detonator used to blow the windowsill explosive during Bond's attempt to assassinate Sanchez is also Philips-branded; it's possibly meant to be disguised as a pocket transistor radio.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 4:05 am

Yep they did have LD data uses in addition to video and gaming uses back in the day. LTK was one of the few films I knew LD was visible in growing up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)    Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Licence To Shill (a Bond 'tie-in' promo material thread)
Page 1 of 1