More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

A Dedication to Roger Moore?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

A Dedication to Roger Moore? Empty
PostSubject: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Considering this is the first Bond film to be released since the passing of one of the James Bond actors, do you think they will include a dedication to Sir Roger Moore?

I really hope they do. It would a beautiful gesture to honour him (a better film with none of the 'this time it's personal' trappings would be more fitting) at the top of the end credits, or even in the opening titles sequence somewhere.

I believe only Derek Meddings and Cubby Broccoli received dedications, right?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 11:47 pm

I can see Sir Rog get the dedication, but it's possible he may not.

Interesting to note that not every passing crew member from the films got a dedication. In the case of Meddings he actually worked on GE, so it made sense that he'd get such a dedication. Cubby didn't do any work on TND, but likely got it due to his children running the business.

By the time GE came out there were very notable people that had passed away before its release: Richard Maibaum, Maurice Binder, and even more importantly Harry Saltzman. You'd think even Saltzman would get a dedication in GE, but nope.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 2:37 am

I have a feeling he won't get a nod, but he absolutely should. Saltzman, Binder, Maibaum, etc. should have had some kind of acknowledgement.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 2:46 am

We'll find out soon for sure. At any rate, none of those who passed were actually the stars of these films, so Sir Rog may get the acknowledgement.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 pm

A dedication to Sir Rog would require class, which means it won't happen.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 4:19 am

I agree on the connection to the specific film idea which is probably what they operate under. Since there has been little to no acknowledgement of the creative talents outside of the standard press materials and video extras I don't see it happening. Heck they always seem to underplay Harry in most everything which gets to me.

Of course in my own world I wind up doing dedications practically anytime I make anything with heavy influences. You'd better believe if I made a series entry it would have a dedication longer than the film itself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dedication to Roger Moore?   A Dedication to Roger Moore? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dedication to Roger Moore?
Page 1 of 1