More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan

Go down 
+5
Xenia93
Nicolas Suszczyk
CJB
hegottheboot
Fort Knox
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan Empty
PostSubject: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Here is something you don't want to miss!

More info here: https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/film/a32154116/pierce-brosnan-live-goldeneye-watchalong/?utm_campaign=socialflowFBesquk&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3uKxKHELHQY8-qiXsGznTcMwbaX5YOjC_DW-JIPlCvS29i_R_H8I6VPjE

Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan 92947136_10158760742385400_3771050310307414016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQkaqkPccIeJUyHRfsTOF9hV0C5D9ySTGYV8MpAWFD2frYUylhnlcMJTqDaUsBggDBw&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 1:01 pm

I zink I've gone to heahven.

Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan 700?cb=20161116170643
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm tempted. I'm not going anywhere. I remember in an interview (Jonthan Ross' Search for Bond I think, it's all on YouTube, circa...96?) he got all red faced when they were discussing sex scenes in Bond. Be good to see/hear that again.

"Well...I, ah, let's skip...yes..."

What better way to reassess a film than with the star?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Ah yes. Haven't seen that for a while.

What better way indeed. And on its 25th anniversary, no less!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 11:44 pm

eek drool jump

This will certainly be better than listening to the DAD commentary every year.
which Starts....PB: Yep here we go DIE ANOTHER DAY.....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:51 am

Just hours away now. I'm quite excited for this. I'll be online too, so be good to chat with you good folk at BAB should you be watching along.

CJB, you getting up at 4am? colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:43 am

If I may be so bold, I have the image of CJB bleary-eyed making a stiff drink whilst cursing Brosnan as he goes to watch the film/thread colgate
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 11:24 am

Didn't realise this was today (or tomorrow my time)!

Can't promise that I'll be up at 4am for this but I'll be keen to read everyone's commentary on Broz's insights nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 11:59 am

I think it's fair to say that Brosnan is rightly the new Bond ambassador since Moore's passing. bitchcraft used to disagree with that but surely this would sway her opinion now.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Here's the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btdGN9uUeY
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:06 pm

I'm there. I've the DVD going and the laptop with Brozzer. Best bit so far is trying to get the feed to work on his end. Lucky swine locked down in Hawaii colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Ha!

He's looking back on this with great fondness. His remembering of Desmond Llewelyn is touching.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:32 pm

It was. I imagine for Brozzer having grown up with the Connery films, Llewellyn was part of that and to work with him a dream come true . He did seem to enjoy his scenes with Llewellyn.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:30 pm

If only someone had done this with Lazenby for OHMSS' 50th. Must send an email to Esquire to get them to do this for TLD's 35th with Dalton.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm sure Lazzers would do it too!

Brosnan has so much grace. Listening to him describe his fellow actors and giving credit to his colleagues was a real treat. I'd have loved more stories about Izabella but I was suppose, like many, he was distracted by Famke's Xenia.

His talking about GoldenEye's iconic images reminded me of our Favourite Frames thread. Might add his suggestions if they aren't already there.

Must have been quite difficult for him not to watch the film without audio. Would be rather boring for him to do it alone too, with a list of suggested questions for him to answer. He'd always get TND and TWINE mixed up though! laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 pm

Poor man looked like he gave up after a while but proper trooper all the way through. Like how he touched upon there being no humour in the films today. Or that he never cared for the BMW.

Won't soon forget the little finger business with the gun.

But yes tough alone but now as we talk, he's sauntered off onto the beaches of Hawaii. colgate
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:35 pm

I got the impression Pierce didn't read YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or FB and he only looked at questions on the paper he was given. Should have been better coordinated, had he read my trivia some memories would have kicked in his mind. Still, I enjoyed it. Knew most of the anecdotes, but some of them were new to me. And watching Bond with Bond was priceless, I wasn't expecting a DVD-like audio commentary, so it's been cool to me.
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 12:09 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Here's the link!

Though it'd no longer be 'live' is it still worth watching GE with this vid in the background?
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 2:10 am

Well that was fun and lovely. I had to watch after the fact but it was very off the cuff and reminded me of trying to get one's first livestreams going. It was very warm and affectionate I thought and I was reminded how he's said before he doesn't even watch them with his kids all that much which he again alluded to.
It was like the DAD commentary but looser and extremely respectful.

Of course he'd be in Hawaii looking resplendent! I think the man wears Hawaiian shirts better than anyone else in history. colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 2:27 am

CJB wrote:
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Here's the link!

Though it'd no longer be 'live' is it still worth watching GE with this vid in the background?

I'd say so. It's rather surreal to see him watch the film while you do (whereas audio commentary I'm sure they pick and choose different things to say, edit bits out, etc.).

Hilly wrote:
Poor man looked like he gave up after a while but proper trooper all the way through. Like how he touched upon there being no humour in the films today. Or that he never cared for the BMW.

Won't soon forget the little finger business with the gun.

But yes tough alone but now as we talk, he's sauntered off onto the beaches of Hawaii.

Ha yes. Seemed like he was getting no feedback at all from Esquire so just had to run with it. I too like how he mentioned the lack of humour and later on Roger's era that he knew not to take it seriously because it's a "dangerous game" if you do. Brosnan gets it. There has to be the element of outrageousness. The BMW comment/reaction was great! colgate

It was nice to see him describe that story with the little finger. Imagine Vesper's little finger line to Brosnan now... would have more poignancy. tongue

Ha, tough gig indeed!

Nicolas Suszczyk wrote:
I got the impression Pierce didn't read YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or FB and he only looked at questions on the paper he was given. Should have been better coordinated, had he read my trivia some memories would have kicked in his mind. Still, I enjoyed it. Knew most of the anecdotes, but some of them were new to me. And watching Bond with Bond was priceless, I wasn't expecting a DVD-like audio commentary, so it's been cool to me.

Yes, perhaps not by choice, but because he didn't know he had to/how to. Maybe a moderator was needed, like Tanya Roberts' live video. He wanted more questions. Certainly a surreal experience, especially when he'd look directly into the camera to answer some questions. Like one was simply on FaceTime with him.

HGTB wrote:
Well that was fun and lovely. I had to watch after the fact but it was very off the cuff and reminded me of trying to get one's first livestreams going. It was very warm and affectionate I thought and I was reminded how he's said before he doesn't even watch them with his kids all that much which he again alluded to.
It was like the DAD commentary but looser and extremely respectful.

Of course he'd be in Hawaii looking resplendent! I think the man wears Hawaiian shirts better than anyone else in history.

Someone asked if that Hawaiian shirt was the one from Die Another Day. If it was it's faded a little but then it was 18 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 am

I saw a comment on that chat feed that I suppose is quite true, that now Sir Roger's gone, Brosnan is our Bond ambassador now. And it's great that as you say and he says, he was a fan of Connery and Moore to the point of involving the humour.

Glad he answered questions even if he had been given selected ones to read out. Be nice if the BFI here could get him to do a Q&A at South Bank like they've had with Laurence Olivier, certain directors and other actors. Sit him on stage, maybe show a film, give him a mike and off we go. With an audience, he wouldn't be self-conscious, which I think was the case sometimes in this Esquire thing. Not complaining but it did seem he wasn't helped by isolation.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 5:01 pm

I live in the States so I'll have to get to this on my own time. Fortunately there's VODs up around the internet. Very excited to read.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Hilly wrote:
I saw a comment on that chat feed that I suppose is quite true, that now Sir Roger's gone, Brosnan is our Bond ambassador now. And it's great that as you say and he says, he was a fan of Connery and Moore to the point of involving the humour.

Glad he answered questions even if he had been given selected ones to read out. Be nice if the BFI here could get him to do a Q&A at South Bank like they've had with Laurence Olivier, certain directors and other actors. Sit him on stage, maybe show a film, give him a mike and off we go. With an audience, he wouldn't be self-conscious, which I think was the case sometimes in this Esquire thing. Not complaining but it did seem he wasn't helped by isolation.

Yes! Lazzers is doing well re: James Bond on social media - or his manager is - but he doesn't have quite the fan base and reach as Brosnan does. Connery, well he's 89. Dalton shies away from it. Craig's busy bandaging his wrists.

I'd love to attend one of those Q&As. I'd also love some coin to fly out to London to attend. big grin

Xenia93 wrote:
I live in the States so I'll have to get to this on my own time. Fortunately there's VODs up around the internet. Very excited to read.

The link I posted above (and now below) has the full vid:

smile
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:17 pm

they also put the whole feed up on their channel if anyone wants to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:07 am

The Tarantino Bond prospect is so titillating. I love the fact he's such a huge fan of Brosnan's Bond and that he personally reached out to him. Nice to hear the proper story from the horse's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan   Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch GoldenEye LIVE with Pierce Brosnan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: GoldenEye (1995)-
Jump to: