More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?

Go down 
+9
Walecs
hegottheboot
Hilly
Nicolas Suszczyk
silvertoe
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Moore
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 9:56 pm

Ditto, Fields. I think this year continues last years 'never thought it'd happen' theme.

Need to float the idea on twitter of a NTTD premiere watch-through with Lazenby or Brosnan or both. Failing that, I might leave NTTD alone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Not sure I'd want to subject Brosnan or Lazenby to watching the film. Can only imagine Brosnan's line of thinking: "I was fired for this?"  blink

Thunderpussy wrote:
Agreed, I've seen ever Bond from The Spy Who Loved Me in the cinema and never though I'd miss one, but depending on the times you have to be sensible.

That too. But I was alluding to the fact that I'm not phased by not seeing in cinemas due to the creative direction the film has taken. Had it been a standalone adventure with a new Bond actor in the role, the anticipation would have been agonising with or without covid.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 11:19 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Not sure I'd want to subject Brosnan or Lazenby to watching the film. Can only imagine Brosnan's line of thinking: "I was fired for this?"  blink

I'd like to think that Brozzer wouldn't still expect to be playing the part at the age of 67 laugh .
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 am

Strange to think Cregg is now several years older than Brosnan was when he did DAD.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Somehow depressing to think about that. Puts him between Brosnan and Moore.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 12:57 am

4 films in 15 years just doesn't seem like a good track record, especially when half (IMO) have basically no rewatchability value.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:46 pm

" 4 films in 15 years " when put like that, is does seem underwhelming
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 9:51 pm

It is quite underwhelming when you had the first four films coming out over four years (62-65) and six films overall for the decade, and averaging a film every two years until 1989.

By the old logic we might've been on a third Bond actor sooner.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 12:30 pm

We had 4 films in 7 years in the Brosnan era. And the quality was far superior than the current iteration.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2021 5:52 am

Although I don't dislike the Craig era as much as some do, I will sure say I will be glad when No Time To Die finally gets released so we can move on . Yikes....five films in 15 years?

I enjoy CR and Skyfall....and hell I don't think QoS is good, but if you get past the first 15 min. it's tolerable. SPECRE is an utter pile of shit. If we have to wait 3, 4, or 5 years for a film I expect it to be damn good. And for the most part they have not been able to do that. Quality wise it's mostly average. Might as well just go back to releasing every other year with average movies like TND, TWINE, DAD.

The thing that really sucks about COVID's impact on Bond is that the producers likely won't even consider starting the search for a new Bond or start a new script until NTTD is released as they won't want to distract from Craig's final outing. Which means...IF...a big if... No Time To Die does come out this fall...I could still see it being another three or four years until the next film.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2021 9:37 pm

Reached a point where Bond films are like the ruddy Olympics. Hard to think I lumped up to the art deco Curzon cinema in Mayfair not long after turning 30 to see Spectre. Lumme, I could well be 40 by the time we get a new Bond, actor and all.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Moore wrote:
Although I don't dislike the Craig era as much as some do, I will sure say I will be glad when No Time To Die finally gets released so we can move on . Yikes....five films in 15 years?

I enjoy CR and Skyfall....and hell I don't think QoS is good, but if you get past the first 15 min. it's tolerable. SPECRE is an utter pile of shit. If we have to wait 3, 4, or 5 years for a film I expect it to be damn good. And for the most part they have not been able to do that. Quality wise it's mostly average. Might as well just go back to releasing every other year with average movies like TND, TWINE, DAD.

The thing that really sucks about COVID's impact on Bond is that the producers likely won't even consider starting the search for a new Bond or start a new script until NTTD is released as they won't want to distract from Craig's final outing. Which means...IF...a big if... No Time To Die does come out this fall...I could still see it being another three or four years until the next film.

TND and TWINE are better than average. TND is at least getting an overdue but welcome reappraisal.

I don't know about the time gaps between films; I don't think there's a true precedent. Martin Campbell said in that GE watch-along that the decision to make CR came quite late (as they were developing a 5th Brosnan film). But it shows. The lack of logic and focus on sentimentality underpins that.

Covid only exacerbated an already fragile state of affairs with Eon. We could have already had Bond actor #7's debut in the bag, with active development on his 2nd film occurring during Covid lockdowns. But since Babs was so bent on getting Craig to return, and his leisurely pace in making a decision forced the 6 year gap.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Methinks that if Disney took over say in 2006, we would have had not just perhaps four or six Bond films since but spin-offs as well, a TV series and God knows what else.

"HILLY'S WAR" (Before he was a Baronet, he fought the Nazis!)

"SHARK BAIT" (Before she was fed to the sharks by Stromberg, she was an international woman of mystery!)
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:49 pm

I'd watch that, with Hilly crawling around ancient tombs looking for religious artefacts while fending
off Nazi's , get that Thai kid from Golden gun as his Side kick colgate
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Hilly wrote:
Methinks that if Disney took over say in 2006, we would have had not just perhaps four or six Bond films since but spin-offs as well, a TV series and God knows what else.

"SHARK BAIT" (Before she was fed to the sharks by Stromberg, she was an international woman of mystery!)

Hehehe ... that said, if there was something that has gone down as well as The Mandalorian maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Hehehe ... that said, if there was something that has gone down as well as The Mandalorian maybe it wouldn't be so bad.  

Aye, hope for my Draco series yet. Move over Mandalorian.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 3:25 am

Moore wrote:

Post Craig, there's no guarantee the pace will quicken. I think it will be just as sluggish at times.

I won't be seeing the film in the cinema. I'll wait for the blu-ray. Saw in cinema after all.

Last edited by bitchcraft on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 3:28 am

We had 4 films in 7 years in the Brosnan era. And the quality was far superior than the current iteration.

Yep, invisible cars trounces Skyfall anyday. stir
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:50 am

Good to see you, BC. Keeping out of trouble?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 3:28 pm

CJB wrote:
Good to see you, BC. Keeping out of trouble?

I certainly hope not...
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Misbehaving by candlelight....as usual....

The BO will be affected by covid though...all other movies have, this won't be any different...but hopes it still does enough....its production cost is enormous.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 1:53 am

bitchcraft wrote:

Yep, invisible cars trounces Skyfall anyday. stir

That was the one exception, and I'm an invisible car apologist! DAD and SF are more or less neighbours in my ranking. In the middle somewhere.

Good to see you around again, BC.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 7:47 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Misbehaving by candlelight....as usual....

The BO will be affected by covid though...all other movies have, this won't be any different...but hopes it still does enough....its production cost is enormous.

Yes, I suspect that's the case.

To paraphrase Einstein: I don't know how much money they sunk into Bond 25, but Bond 26 will feature 007 playing with sticks and stones while humming the theme because they can't afford a composer.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 9:47 pm

Dubai is certainly interested, all seats have been sold out for the weekend.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: No Time to Die-
Jump to: