More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?

Go down 
+9
Walecs
hegottheboot
Hilly
Nicolas Suszczyk
silvertoe
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Moore
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? Empty
PostSubject: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 1:21 am

Coronavirus is still wreaking havoc in my pocket of Australia and a new announcement yesterday regarding restrictions puts into doubt if cinemas will be open by November 12. So whether I get to see it along with the rest of the world remains to be seen.

Are you in a similar boat? Or if not, are you willing to go into cinemas to watch it, knowing there's a risk of infection?
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:30 am

Unfortunately, I may hold off and wait to it’s out on DVD. Our town was doing really well with cases for months. I work and live in a college town. When the students came back a week or two ago it went to hell. If they hadn’t come back I probably would have been good to go.

Now we are seeing hundreds of new cases. Probably going to get worse. I suspect there will be more limitations in a few weeks at the rate we are going here. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to see it, but will probably be up in the air. We do have a drive in cinema nearby that gets some new movies so that may be an option.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 7:49 am

I too was thinking about my local drive-in theatre as an option. Not optimal but perhaps the safest bet. Really depends on how we're going after September 28. They might not even open here.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:47 am

I live in California, where in-door theaters are pretty much closed due to rules placed. Only drive-in theaters are open, so that may be my only option if rules are still in place.

The theater chain I regularly frequent has rules in place for the states that allow theaters open. Basically wherever you end up sitting the seats immediately around you are off limits to anyone else as a way of keeping distance. Masks are also required. If my state reopens for theaters, my strategy is to just sit on the very last row so that nobody would actually be behind me. That works for me because the IMAX screen is incredibly massive as it is.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 11:11 am

The only thing that'll stop me is if the cinemas themselves close again. Since they re-opened here in Ireland with social distancing measures in place (when you book your seat online the ones either side of it, in front of and behind you are made unavailable for others to book, a mask must be worn until you've taken your seat and there are several hand-sanitiser dispensers available) I've been 4 times ... 3 during my Dublin holiday (in 3 different cinemas!) and once here in Belfast.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Ditto...Same here in England, I would rather wait and keep waiting if neccesary in preference to watching it on dvd
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 12:20 am

It would be terribly hard to eat popcorn with a mask on.

It appears many won't be staying away from cinemas simply because of the risk of infection.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 1:20 am

I'm fine with wearing a mask since I've always traditionally ate dinner before seeing Bond.

It's actually been announced today that due to risks dipping at my local county that stores and theaters are allowed to reopen starting in October. So it's looking like I may be able to see NTTD at the IMAX theater in Irvine!

We'll just have to see how this all plays out before the film's release.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 1:42 am

If cinemas are open in my country, I will go. I have already bought pre-paid tickets.

And, as the master said: "I shall not waste the days of my life in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:10 am

Always dug that nod to Jack London, who Fleming was obviously a fan of to include that bit in YOLT.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:04 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I'm fine with wearing a mask since I've always traditionally ate dinner before seeing Bond.

It's actually been announced today that due to risks dipping at my local county that stores and theaters are allowed to reopen starting in October. So it's looking like I may be able to see NTTD at the IMAX theater in Irvine!

Yeah, I pretty much always ensure I've eaten pre-cinema also.

Actually, people chomping their way through a lapful of overpriced, pungent and (worst of all) noise-making food is a huge moviegoing irritation of mine.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Yeah, I pretty much always ensure I've eaten pre-cinema also.

Actually, people chomping their way through a lapful of overpriced, pungent and (worst of all) noise-making food is a huge moviegoing irritation of mine.    
Very true...now they sell potato crisps (chips) to add to the irritation of bag rattling annoyance bang head
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Why they sell noisy edibles in cinemas is beyond me. I remember watching eerie romance-drama Never Let Me Go in a cinema, and while I was totally engrossed in it, a bored friend of mine was munching one. popcorn. at. a. time.  laugh Pulled me right out of it.

Makeshift Python wrote:

Oh so do I. I was just being cheeky.

Nicolas Suszczyk wrote:
If cinemas are open in my country, I will go. I have already bought pre-paid tickets.

And, as the master said: "I shall not waste the days of my life in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Even more profound than it appears.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 10:38 am

Wouldn't have thought of Never Let Me Go as popcorn fodder, but I guess your unengaged buddy thought they'd nothing to lose laugh .
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 9:12 am

Exactly! laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Part of me will risk it. Just get this era over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 am

ROTFLMAO

BOND FAN RISKS COVID EXPOSURE TO END CRAIG ERA

Sign me up.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 11:38 am

I will, there have been very few cases where I live and I was told by multiple friends who went and saw Tenet that our town's theatre is handling it very well, thanks to distant seats, mandatory masks and employees repeatedly sanitizing the place. Honestly I'd be much more afraid to enter the supermarket than going to the cinema.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 12:37 am

Walecs wrote:
I will, there have been very few cases where I live and I was told by multiple friends who went and saw Tenet that our town's theatre is handling it very well, thanks to distant seats, mandatory masks and employees repeatedly sanitizing the place. Honestly I'd be much more afraid to enter the supermarket than going to the cinema.

I'm in the same boat, actually. The few times I've been in a supermarket it's been full of people. It's impossible to apply social distancing.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 1:36 am

Seems the answer to the thread’s title question is answered: Yes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 2:16 am

Yeah. And if Covid rears its ugly head in Australia again in April, as we head into our winter, chances are we still won't be able to see it.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 5:57 am

Don't see myself going to a cinema for some time....will wait for the blu-ray
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 9:45 am

If I can I will. Although as already stated it depends on if there's another wave and restrictions come back in to place, but I'm honestly not too upset if I have to wait for the Blu-ray release, as like many I have a big screen 4k TV with a sound system. So apart from sticky carpets and talking/texting Teens, I wouldn't be missing much ! colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 2:25 pm

The covid outlook in Oz is looking ok... but I will more than likely skip NTTD in cinemas.

As a Bond fan, I never thought I'd say that.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 8:05 pm

Agreed, I've seen ever Bond from The Spy Who Loved Me in the cinema and never though I'd miss one, but depending on the times you have to be sensible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?   Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Covid19 stop you from seeing No Time to Die in cinemas?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next