More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE

Go down 
+7
Hilly
Thunderpussy
hegottheboot
AMC Hornet
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
silvertoe
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE Empty
PostSubject: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 pm

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL VIDEO RELEASE FOR THE NEW TITLE TUNE BY BILLIE EILISH, NOT A WHOLE LOTTA NEW CLIPS YOU MAY (OR MAY NOT) BE PLEASED TO HEAR

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 12:18 am

I'd watch but I'm holding out for the film, silvetoe!

What do you think of it?
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 8:59 am

The song itself has all the usual Bond elements but it's soooo slow, almost coma inducing. The video is basically close up on Eilish warbling cut to a load of clips 90% of which i have seen already, having said that i'm not sure i wish to see any more clips
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 11:09 am

In a saner world, the mumbly 18 year old in a recording studio would be the tea-making intern.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 1:21 pm

"Who do I have to fuck around here for a cup of tea and biscuits?"

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 am

Billie won the Grammy for a theme song to a movie not yet released.

Still haven't listened to it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 am

As Homer commented when he saw Flanders as 'Man Of The Century' on a mock-up Time magazine cover - 'Must've been a pretty slow century'.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 12:26 pm

A bit like WOTW winning an Oscar!

Can't remember your opinion of the song, BI. Not a fan, I assume?

It means nothing, really. I mean, John Barry was never nominated for his Bond efforts. Then again, standards have changed somewhat. In Barry's day there was serious competition. Nowadays we replace value with participation.

Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 4:24 pm

I listened to the song once, last April - when NTTD was supposed to have been released. I don't want to remember it, I want to hear it next with the titles Don't want to see any more clips either.

Now that I've had my first vaccine shot, I say:

Bring on October!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Fair call.

Yeah, no reason to keep delaying now, with the vaccine rollout well underway.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:01 pm

If there were any fairness Barry should have won for TLD which is like the culmination of his Bond scores in one. But he did at least finally win for Dances With Wolves which has quite a bit of Bond in it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 pm

If there was any fairness it should have happened sooner. If not for FRWL-GF-TB there's no reason YOLT shouldn't have earned him Oscar.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm just a middle-aged grump, but a teenager with only one full album to her name to date shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a Bond song IMO.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:29 pm

They focus of very big names of the moment now sadly. Not on great songs or letting the composers actually you know write the bloody song and put it in their score...
I'm considering doing Bond top 10s on my youtube channel since that seems to be the in thing to do these days-but going very nerdy with them and doing best editing, best Bond commentaries-and top people who should do the theme song or return performers or people who should have done it years ago like Depeche Mode are you listening EON?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 am

I wonder what the process is when deciding if the composer will write the theme song and offering it to artist or if Eon offers the job to the singer and they (or their reps) insist on writing it themselves. Eon should know by now that the composer's idea of a theme song is usually best... though that would mean Crow's fantastic Tomorrow Never Dies theme wouldn't exist. I can't imagine TND without it, to be honest, even if Surrender is truly superior. Something about the lyrics, Crow's voice and the 90s-lounge orchestration that marries well with the benignly bizarre, sultry Kleinman credits sequence.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 4:05 am

I agree there's something about the Crow TND title song. The only problem is they mix the film version with the vocals too solo'd.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:48 am

You have an ear for that sort of thing. Personally my only niggle is that the full song isn't used in the film.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 pm

I love the BILLIE EILISH song for NTTD.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 am

How do you rate it alongside Craig's other theme songs?

I still can't comment since I've yet to listen it.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 am

my list of Craig's theme songs

1. CR
2. NTTD
3. SF
4. SPECTRE
5. QOS

I don't hate any of them, but with QOS I prefer the Shirley Bassey rejected theme.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:41 am

I think most would prefer No Good About Goodbye over whatever Another Way To Die is!

I'd probably go:

Skyfall
You Know My Name
Writing's on the Wall
Another Way to Die

The last two the only Bond themes in the series I actually don't like. WOTW could have been good with its great orchestration, but the piss poor vocals and lyrics really hinder its potential.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:15 pm

I've a daughter who's a big Sam Smith fan, so I'm used to the very high pitched vocals. Although
I can understand how it's hard to listen to at times. AWTD I've found to be a good driving song, at
least it is to me  smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Are you trying to drive away from that god-awful sound?

tongue
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 10:31 pm

laugh Could Be.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Thought this could be interesting.

https://youtu.be/cL31rRUMRUY

Wht James Bond sounds like James Bond ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE Empty

Back to top Go down

Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next