More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE

Go down 
+7
Hilly
Thunderpussy
hegottheboot
AMC Hornet
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
silvertoe
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:18 pm

Good to see you back about these here parts, thunderpussy. Real blast from the past.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 9:09 pm

laugh Thanks,  Blast from the Past, now where have I read that before wink
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 11:20 am

Thunderpussy wrote:
Thought this could be interesting.

https://youtu.be/cL31rRUMRUY

Wht James Bond sounds like James Bond ?

That WAS interesting. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 12:16 am

Thunderpussy wrote:
Thought this could be interesting.

https://youtu.be/cL31rRUMRUY

Wht James Bond sounds like James Bond ?

I missed this because it was on the other page. Interesting indeed!

All the more curious that Another Way to Die used those base notes and still a decent theme never emerged! tongue
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 12:19 pm

Well, Billie E has made it three Bond tracks in a row to win an Oscar.

For the next title track they'll remix the sound of Will Smith's palm against Chris Rock's cheek.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 2:29 pm

Have you ever heard John Zorn's interpretation of Morricone's spaghetti western music? It has all this organic percussion of whips and such along with horse whinnies, pretty brutal stuff. That'd fit right in (and might help the score of Smith's WILD WILD WEST, which even managed to screw up the orchestration the one time they trotted out the real TWWW theme.)

As somebody whose wife is seriously affected by autoimmune issues, I gotta say Smith was totally out of line. Save your ire for real issues, like if a President goes all weird and causes her plaquenyl access to be limited for months because he is delusional enough to think it is a Covid quick-fix. Jumping Rock's shit for the latter doing his job was below low-class, and as I said elsewhere on a post that probably won't show up on Variety's strangely moderated comments section, if he needed to act out, he should have dragged a sofa up on stage and jumped up and down on it, in the proscribed Cruise fashion of acting-out and general derangedness.

The real downside for me on this is that I am going to be hard-pressed to enjoy further rewatches on either of the first two MEN IN BLACK movies or HITCH, which are the only Smith pics I own.

I still don't get the Oscar winning thing for these three pics ... I'd rank these three tunes in the bottom five of the Bond pantheon. Something makes my head hurt when I hear the Eilish, so much so I can't even come up with parody lyrics for it like I did for SKYMALL and the WRITING'S ON YOUR BALLS. (NO KEY LIME-PIE? Sorry, it doesn't inspire much beyond contempt.)

Last edited by trevanian on Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eilish mention)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 6:45 pm

Smith shoulda slapped whoever was responsible for deciding NTTD deserved Best Song.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Same kind of massmind that voted for TITANIC over LA CONFIDENTIAL, or KRAMER V KRAMER over both APOCALYPSE NOW and ALL THAT JAZZ, or BABE over APOLLO 13 (for vfx)
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 5:15 am

CJB wrote:

Someone is paying somebody somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 4:42 pm

CJB wrote:

A searing indictment of the competition. Face it, music absolutely sux these days.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 12:47 pm

When you consider the Bond title tracks that have been completely overlooked over the preceding five decades, it certainly says a lot about how shyte standards have gotten.

Perhaps it's also because outside Bond not many movies are accompanied by original songs anymore. I mean, even back in the 90's it seemed like a song and associated music video was commonplace for big blockbusters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE   Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official video for Billie eilish NO TIME TO DIE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2