More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die (2020)

Go down 
+19
Sarai
Perilagu Khan
Thunderpussy
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
AMC Hornet
Walecs
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Badre
Fort Knox
Moore
Strangways&Quarrel
silvertoe
Napoleon Solo
Xenia93
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:19 am

Can't anymore. They have closed all cinemas in Australia now. Managed to get one film in over the weekend before they shut.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
I'm confidently pessimistic.

Why so certain it'll be bad?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Xenia93 wrote:
I'm confidently pessimistic.

Why so certain it'll be bad?

A number of reasons. Following the story arc established in CR06 means NTTD begins on shaky foundations. None of Bond's personal journey in CR06 works at all so to use it as the framework for subsequent films is the first poor creative decision. Following on from that is the rehiring of Craig, who is so miscast in the role and further, he doesn't want to be there. I can see his acting from a mile away, too, so I'm hardly engaged emotionally in his performances. Even in SF, and I rate that film rather highly. Then, to bring back certain characters from SPECTRE - another film that is so illogical, void of emotional resonance and so very thin - is the next mistake. Madeleine is so poorly constructed to revisit her means to revisit a character no one actually cares about. And what they did to Blofeld is embarrassing and reprehensible so it will be a reminder of how severely they fucked it in SP. I also think Wright's Leiter is massively overrated, extremely bland and further, tokenistic, but I'm less concerned about his inclusion when there's so many worse things to consider.

Of course the reported scripting issues and the massive delays that don't inspire confidence.

This all culminates in the trailers we get, that showcases many of the issues we predicted. It's personal again. It kicks off with some exceptionally photographed/choreographed action, but is intercut with issues about trust of a supposed loved one (again, why Bond is so enamoured by this woman is a mystery after how she was used in SP) which sets up the story as something that isn't palatable in a Bond movie. Maybe once in a while but not every damn film fo the last 15 years. The drama, like in CR, QOS and SP, feels so inorganic and contrived that it's doubtful it's going to sustain the longest running time of any Bond film. And with CR and SP as examples, I'm not sure Eon are up to the task for that, either.

Nomi being 007 isn't the issue many think it to be. Of course, if Bond is retired his number would get reassigned. Being a black woman in the number isn't the issue. However, we're watching a James Bond 007 movie. So it can only end with Bond getting his number back (i.e. character development) which means Nomi would have to die or be a traitor to warrant the transfer of the codename. So there's no tension with her character as far as I can tell. She wouldn't simply give it back because that would be cringeworthy and un-cinematic. And on the topic of new Bond girls, both appear very similar. Both agents, wielding guns. Even DAD, that had two agents, felt very different, even in the trailer. Not here. Or in GE - two Russians that are worlds apart. Here, two agents trying to show us how they can out-badass each other.

Remains to be seen about the use of M, Q, Tanner and Moneypenny, but chances are they'll be overused again to justify their casting. Remains to be seen if they decide to shit on the legacy of DN too. Sad thing is I wouldn't put it past them, now.

As far as I can tell, the only highlights of the film is how superbly photographed it is, and that the action is a huge step up from SP. But overall, it feels like it's SPECTRE II just with better action.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:55 pm

The issues I'm in agreement with you on, regarding apprehension about NTTD potentially being not very good, are the Spectre continuation (that is certainly one of the weakest Bond films, which I discovered on repeat viewings) as well as the (again) personal angle. I'm also afraid they're going to bring back the Scooby-Doo gang a-la Spectre. That really grated.

I disagree about Bond's character development in CR and about Craig being miscast.

I'm excited for the film, but the "this time it's personal... again" angle worries me, as well as the continuation from the fairly poor Spectre
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 8:16 pm

On t'oher hand, The Last Crusade and The Undiscovered Country were continuations from fairly poor entries...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm

Xenia93 wrote:
I'm also afraid they're going to bring back the Scooby-Doo gang a-la Spectre. That really grated.

Going by the poster, it appears the Scooby gang will indeed have bigger roles than the likes of Paloma, as Ana de Armas isn't even listed at the bottom.

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 Nttd-poster-uk2

AMC Hornet wrote:
On t'oher hand, The Last Crusade and The Undiscovered Country were continuations from fairly poor entries...

Were they direct sequels, tying up loose ends from their previous entries and following on from narrative strands/character arcs established in films within the 15 years prior?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Xenia93 wrote:
I'm also afraid they're going to bring back the Scooby-Doo gang a-la Spectre. That really grated.

Going by the poster, it appears the Scooby gang will indeed have bigger roles than the likes of Paloma, as Ana de Armas isn't even listed at the bottom.

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 Nttd-poster-uk2

I like, if anything, how Craig's eyes are coloured against anything else bar the title.

EDIT- that's not a new poster is it? Release date is still April 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:41 pm

Correct - I don't think they'll release new posters. Just updated the dates on existing ones.

As for his eyes, it screams of Bab's influence. I'm not crazy about it.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:44 pm

I figured it wasn't new but I did a doubletake all the same.

Damn Babs and for someone letting her in the group chat online laugh
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 3:48 am

Damn, nice catch on the poster Fields (I think that's you, right?). I'll be so happy if/when the series gets back to a more exclusive focus on 007. Sure, I loved seeing Q out in the field in LTK, but that's more Desmond than it is my love of MI6.

Of all the letdowns in Spectre, that had to be one of the biggest.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 11:16 am

Xenia93 wrote:
Damn, nice catch on the poster Fields (I think that's you, right?). I'll be so happy if/when the series gets back to a more exclusive focus on 007. Sure, I loved seeing Q out in the field in LTK, but that's more Desmond than it is my love of MI6.

Of all the letdowns in Spectre, that had to be one of the biggest.

Yes, had my user changed a while back because I was no longer just Fields' Man (though still open to the idea!).  tongue  What gave it away, the Brosnan-era appreciation or the antagonism toward CR06?  laugh

Yes, I agree. There are two key differences when regarding the extensive use of the some of the old guard: 1. the charisma and screen presence of the likes of Llewelyn far outweighed that of Whishaw, Harris and Kinnear. It's a damn shame Maxwell wasn't used more in the 60s and Bond/Kitchen weren't used more in the Brosnan era. The 2nd difference is tone. Having the occasional expanded role of Q in some of the classics were justified because they were, more often than not, tongue in cheek. Even the more focused entries - FRWL, FYEO, TLD - retained that Bondian flair, that balance that illustrated the fantastic nature of these movies. Even with LTK, the sheer charm and ongoing relationship Boothroyd formed with Bond since FRWL rendered his expanded role justified. Once Craig came along - and you might disagree here - the films shifted to this faux grittiness that meant there's no place for the colourful and the bizarre*. And you're right with SP - the Scooby gang scenes dragged the film out so much. Had it been some of the previous actors in the roles, imagine the fun that might have been had, even with such dour material to work?!

*Skyfall excepted, which was a welcome return to form!
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 pm

Yes, I agree with almost all of that. I do think there is some room for it in the Craig era, but it has to be handled correctly (as you've noted, SF is the best example of that). It is definitely trickier in this era, but I don't think impossible. I remain cautiously optimistic and excited about NTTD, but I have many reasons (most of them holdovers from SP) to be less-than-thrilled. And again, I'm a fan of Craig in the role and a fan of his era in general (I like CR and SF a lot, QOS is okay I suppose as an oddity, and I don't care for SP as a whole although it has its moments).

Well said about LTK, and about Desmond in general vs. the new group. Every time I think about the SP finale (the final 20 minutes, really) I want to go cry.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 2:50 am

Xenia93 wrote:
Yes, I agree with almost all of that. I do think there is some room for it in the Craig era, but it has to be handled correctly (as you've noted, SF is the best example of that). It is definitely trickier in this era, but I don't think impossible. I remain cautiously optimistic and excited about NTTD, but I have many reasons (most of them holdovers from SP) to be less-than-thrilled. And again, I'm a fan of Craig in the role and a fan of his era in general (I like CR and SF a lot, QOS is okay I suppose as an oddity, and I don't care for SP as a whole although it has its moments).

Well said about LTK, and about Desmond in general vs. the new group. Every time I think about the SP finale (the final 20 minutes, really) I want to go cry.

It's needlessly trickier. They're doing it to themselves. If they decided to embrace what makes a James Bond movie a James Bond movie, it's certainly viable. Alas, they're intent on this faux-gritty tone which won't ever gel well with classic Bondian flair.

And yes, that final act in SP is by far the worst of any Bond movie. This thread might be of interest, Xenia93 [clicky]. smile
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 8:32 pm

There's a new interview with Cary Fukunaga out.

He describes No Time to Die as a tough shoot. Also says he had an idea (which I had seen previously in fan forums) how everything after Bond had the needle stuck in his head in SPECTRE had been dream). https://bit.ly/34OoPpN
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 12:59 am

If only everyone in the audience had a needle stuck in their heads!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 11:31 am

Aye. If NTTD is a dream do we get Pierce Brosnan stepping out of a shower at the end and tells Samantha Bond's Moneypenny it was all in her head?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Napoleon Solo wrote:
There's a new interview with Cary Fukunaga out.

He describes No Time to Die as a tough shoot. Also says he had an idea (which I had seen previously in fan forums) how everything after Bond had the needle stuck in his head in SPECTRE had been dream). https://bit.ly/34OoPpN

Not a fan of retconning but that's a rather attractive suggestion. But then, any earnest continuation of that mind-numbingly stupid story is reprehensible so anything like Fukunaga's suggestion would be a vast improvement.

Hilly wrote:
Aye. If NTTD is a dream do we get Pierce Brosnan stepping out of a shower at the end and tells Samantha Bond's Moneypenny it was all in her head?

colgate

They could take the VR goggles to John Cleese. "Maybe you've been down here too long. That was a horrible experience."
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 11:25 am

Apparently the UK release date has been brought forward to November 12th.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added spoiler tags.)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Heard the US date has moved up a few days as well. Haven't heard anything about Oz yet...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 8:19 pm

Given how utterly abysmal the US has handled the pandemic, I'm starting think more major films including NTTD are going to be forced to push back.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 pm

Bond is as bored as you are in this new look at No Time to Die. I rather like this last one. It isn't even mine.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/lifestyle/bond-bored-look-no-time-153900409.html

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 91cb82cb1c55aa1fb409324e10a2f2c9
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 3:03 am

^^That's me realizing we're in this pandemic for the long haul.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 am

I reckon the chances of this hitting the theatres in November is slim.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 10:36 am

Word from the scientific community is that a second wave in winter will be worse than this one..gulp! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 4:14 pm

If they are relying on the US market to drop it's coronavirus cases before releasing this film then this film is pretty much doomed then. I'm in Florida and can tell you most still aren't taking this seriously and some will gladly beat you to a pulp if you dare even suggest wearing a face mask. This virus ain't going anywhere down here for a long time at this point especially now Disney World is back open and tourists are flocking in. Even if the cases were dropping I don't think No Time to Die would do that well in theaters anyways. It might recoup it's budget but I think EON is aiming for a Skyfall/Spectre box office blowout and I don't think they're going to get it in the present climate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die (2020)
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next