More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD

Go down 
+5
AMC Hornet
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
Makeshift Python
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 6:07 pm

'Darkness retreat' my ass, he was gonna hide out from the authorities! laugh
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 7:06 am

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/cary-fukunaga-no-time-to-die-1359656/

Rolling Stone article about the allegations.

And this is how I found out that supposedly his nickname on English movie sets is/was "Cary Glitter". ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Geezus, this guy sounds like an oddly twisted piece of work (that's my op based on about a half-dozen stories I've read following this single link this morning. The stuff in ROLLING STONE from his old writing 'parner' -- read the story to see why I put that in ' ' -- seems particularly insightful and therefore possibly even more damning, because it indicates behavior that goes beyond sexual predator toward just his everyday way of messing with people in bad ways.)

Seems more like the basis for a character study than the guy who would be directing it.

Am really wondering about what Phoebe must think about the guy ... would she ever be the type to stay quiet for the sake of not rocking the boat ... would be massively disappointed if that proves to be the case. (I'm sure she is probably way too old for him, but it sounds like this is part of his game all the time, so it would be hard to miss.)

I've interviewed him once, around the time of MANIAC, after I'd tried and failed to get through much of the series, for which I was seriously hyped about since I liked TRUEDETEC, and it wasn't a great interview. Correction, I just went back and read it, it's actually okay in the print version. Maybe the questions I didn't get good answers to colored my memory of it.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 3:38 pm

Rolling Stone is just as twisted as CFuk, and probably more dishonest. I don't trust a word they write.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 2:02 am

This is the guy who said that horrid stuff about TB without any correct information or knowledge.
This is the guy who insisted on putting We Have All The Time in The World in the end credits.
This is the guy who spouted all the stuff that the world wants to hear right now in all of the PR and publicity materials and who was seen as a "visionary".
This is who EON placed their faith in and it seems they misjudged badly. I don't think there would be this much material already generated without at least some truth to it. F this guy.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 12:28 pm

I am just remembering that him and Nic Pizzolatto supposedly clashed seriously during the production of True Detective season one.

And then Nic Pizzolatto wrote an assholish Asian-American director into the season two story-line. ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD   WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WSJ: Director Cary Joji Fukunaga on Directing NTTD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2