More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Each actor's most easy-watchin' film

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Each actor's most easy-watchin' film Empty
PostSubject: Each actor's most easy-watchin' film   Each actor's most easy-watchin' film EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 12:50 pm

For each actor, which is the best film where you can switch off the noggin' and just have fun without thinking too deeply or being too engrossed by the plot and whatnot.

For me...

Connery - toss up between GF and DAF
Lazenby - not sure
Moore - TSWLM
Dalton - TLD (less of two deep n' gritties)
Brosnan - TND
Craig - None really fit the bill for me... maybe CR
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Each actor's most easy-watchin' film   Each actor's most easy-watchin' film EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 12:46 am

Connery: Goldfinger
Moves at a brisk pace, it’s efficient and light.

Moore: Moonraker
I think a case can be made of any of Moore’s 70s films. Though where plot curiosities of TMTWGG and TSWLM always get me thinking about what could have been, right from the PTS in MR you understand the tonal frivolities of what’s to come, so you can just sit back and switch off.

Dalton: Licence to Kill
Total late-80s escapism. TLD’s plot is far too intricate to switch off.

Brosnan: Die Another Day
Nothing says switch off quite like space lasers, face swapping and invisible cars. And its sense of fun still allows a good time. Tomorrow Never Dies is a good contender but for me it raises so many interesting questions about media and tech power and China’s relationship with the West that it’s hard to intellectually switch off. I think it’s perhaps the last Bond film to successfully marry a sense of fun with geopolitical commentary.

Craig: Quantum of Solace
Skyfall is by far Craig’s best Bond film, but it’s an emotional investment watching it. Quantum of Solace is short and snappy, populated with some quirky characters and has a great score by Arnold. And it has Fields from the consulate. It’s the only other Craig I return to.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Each actor's most easy-watchin' film   Each actor's most easy-watchin' film EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 11:35 am

SC: DAF
RM: TMWTGG
TD: LTK
PB: DAD
DC: QOS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Each actor's most easy-watchin' film   Each actor's most easy-watchin' film Empty

Back to top Go down

Each actor's most easy-watchin' film
Page 1 of 1