More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films Empty
PostSubject: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 11:55 am

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/controversial-james-bond-trigger-warnings-172030341.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEHrJnQcyfrNe-vEooy98i3XGR0u9mxxKwXcs0RW5jZ2RvXTWTMXuuGyDX1d8t_PqZOx7SRHIoWLbkx8s8X5GiSdy4th1_3OK4dyVbPmEvbckgNlRmfoh3Esm8ZULFShC9eEnutKrxPbX13iZNtTYpqjGt67mj1xfJQx43vu-fYF

Quote :

There are many things we love about the James Bond movies – the action, the gadgets, the moustache-twirling villains and their insane lust for power but there are some aspects of the franchise can be quite shocking by modern standards.

So much so that the British Film Institute (BFI) has put trigger warnings on screenings of classic films in a retrospective for composer John Barry, saying they "will cause offence today” with You Only Live Twice and Goldfinger being singled out for containing language and themes "prevalent" in the 1960s.

Etc

Keep your physical copies, all digital versions of the films will be edited sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 11:59 am

You are probably right. In Sweden, Pippi Longstocking was edited some years back, both the original books and the popular tv series and two films.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 6:38 pm

It'd be a dam' shame if Auric III touched off something cobalt-and-iodine in the halls of the BFI...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 1:11 am

I read an article that Eon were going to digitally remove smoking from the Bond films, save for the villainous characters, using AI technology...

...then I realised it was an April Fools joke. The problem is, this lunacy is already happening so it's hard to distinguish what's real or parody anymore.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 3:00 am

Today's April Fools Joke is tomorrow's reality...

I think it's inevitable that our 'cultural betters' will start getting more and more heavy-handed in 'fixing' old movies.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 11:14 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
I read an article that Eon were going to digitally remove smoking from the Bond films, save for the villainous characters, using AI technology...

...then I realised it was an April Fools joke. The problem is, this lunacy is already happening so it's hard to distinguish what's real or parody anymore.

I saw that too, was half-believing it until I twigged. Bond last seen smoking in DAD (Cuban cigar).

I heavily doubt that he'll ever be seen smoking again, but there's no denying that an e-cig/vape has Q-Branch gadget potential.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 1:54 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

I saw that too, was half-believing it until I twigged. Bond last seen smoking in DAD (Cuban cigar).

I heavily doubt that he'll ever be seen smoking again, but there's no denying that an e-cig/vape has Q-Branch gadget potential.  

So long as Bond has a good degree of cynicism towards the e-cig/vape, for not replicating proper cigarettes, I'll be happy.

Side note, interesting that Brosnan wanted to smoke in the hotel scene in TND but the powers above didn't allow it, yet he was able to only two movies later.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 3:41 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

So long as Bond has a good degree of cynicism towards the e-cig/vape, for not replicating proper cigarettes, I'll be happy.

Or snuff.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 5:20 pm

And this is why, if you care about culture, high and low, you'll secure the physical items (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.). The cultural Gestapo can lay their filthy paws on them only at gunpoint, whereas digital items can be korrekted or even disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptySun May 05, 2024 5:23 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Nice to see Severine with a butt going in the Floating Dragon, by gawd.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films EmptyMon May 06, 2024 1:05 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

And this is why, if you care about culture, high and low, you'll secure the physical items (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.). The cultural Gestapo can lay their filthy paws on them only at gunpoint, whereas digital items can be korrekted or even disappeared.

Even with access to Bond films on streaming platforms, in 4K glory, I still use my Ultimate Edition DVDs. Even CR06 makes for a good drink coaster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films   BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films Empty

Back to top Go down

BFI to add trigger warnings to early Bond films
Page 1 of 1