More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score

Go down 
+13
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
Control
Hilly
Fairbairn-Sykes
James. C
Perilagu Khan
CJB
colly
Lazenby.
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mattjoes

mattjoes

30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Sharky wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
mattjoes wrote:
I find Martin, Hamlisch and Conti's efforts are unfairly dismissed as mediocre because of their dated sound. This score is adept at being suspenseful, romantic and sheer fun when it needs to be. What else is needed?
Elegance?

I think that qualifies.
First piece that came to my mind.

Elegant means graceful and stylish. Even the action music, which I have a feeling Harmsway dislikes even more than that cue, qualifies as elegant, in my opinion. It's not Barry, but I don't see why that should be a problem. Different can be good, right?
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Sharky wrote:
It's not Holy enough for Harms. If it was arranged for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I'm sure he'd dig it. Damn you Bill Conti!
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sure ain't my idea of "holy music." Eesh. Bach's B-Minor Mass, on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Great cover of "Runaway" by the Bond Band.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 am

Corny and dated as it is, I love the fuck out of this score.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:35 am

I hated the score and song originally. It wasn't until I viewed the film on a projector with a sound system that I gained an appreciation for the score. Before it just seemed like some bad 80's TV/Video game score. Hearing it both 5.1 and now the original Dolby Surround, there's quite a bit of depth and low end that just is reassuring to the ears after the way Bond music has gone. The LD sounds fantastic.

Some cues like the Submarine, Runway and the quieter moments really work and others not so much. Once you get the idea of where the music is going it can become agreeable. If you don't like the cue when Bond takes back control of the helicopter in the PTS, then you will hate this score.

My favorite cue is when Bond gets to the ski jump and is trying to hide amongst the other skiers. The mountain climb piece is great as well.

And despite its different sound, the FYEO Gunbarrel is one of the most immediate of all the gunbarrel performances. Really great leading into the PTS.

Not the title song though. Oh it is sooo bad...

But why is Goldeneye gay exactly? I can't help but like that score.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:35 am

Sharky wrote:
Lol.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:10 am

Inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score   30 Years Of Brilliance:  Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

30 Years Of Brilliance: Bill Conti's For Your Eyes Only score
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2